Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3, Oilers 1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
you shouldn't care.....all I'm saying is I'm not the only one who has takin notice,and it is a thing.

This isn't even an argument.

Its like we're sitting here and we're having a discussion and you say that's not what Christopher Walken said...

;)

At least I'd know who that was.

You must get though it would be impossible for the reader to know what you were talking about with an obscure reference and not knowing what the person said or that you agree with.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Where do I stand exactly? Truthfully, I know that Drai's season hasn't been ideal for him and to be honest, I expected more. It started with a concussion, those stupid Nurse rumours, the garbage power play, etc., etc. So, I can see without bias that he hasn't been spectacular and arguably disappointing in light of his contract. But, on the flip side, have you ever said anything positive about him?
uhym, ya.
pay the F@#$ attention.
use your filter and read what's wrote rather than looking for arguements.
go throough my post history and come back to me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You question his play every game. Not just THIS game. Probably half to two thirds of the games this season you have been all over him. You and others, of course.

This is quite clearly the case. The deal is you can search comments of booya mentioned Drai and its invariably a negative comment. I don't recall positive comments about the player from the poster.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This isn't even an argument.

Its like we're sitting here and we're having a discussion and you say that's not what Christopher Walken said...

;)

At least I'd know who that was.

You must get though it would be impossible for the reader to know what you were talking about with an obscure reference and not knowing what the person said or that you agree with.
who is christopher walken?

Reactions: RegDunlop

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Where do I stand exactly? Truthfully, I know that Drai's season hasn't been ideal for him and to be honest, I expected more. It started with a concussion, those stupid Nurse rumours, the garbage power play, etc., etc. So, I can see without bias that he hasn't been spectacular and arguably disappointing in light of his contract. But, on the flip side, have you ever said anything positive about him?
whoa bro, why be bashing?
you're so negative to Drai!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Not that I remember and I remember about 23 of these conversations on the specific player with the poster..

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
whoa bro, why be bashing?
you're so negative to Drai!
Actually I'm being something called objective :)

Which contradicts your earlier accusation of me being biased towards him.

BTW, sorry I don't have time to read your post history. But from your comment, I can assume that last year when he was good, you were actually nice to Drai? So that would mean now you've turned on him. That doesn't look any better on you.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
ftr I agree with the bolded. I stated it earlier in the thread. But a 22 yr old player that is that good already is pretty damned good and Drai is a power Center getting better. Kopitar type player. You pay for those becaue he is a tank to play against and much more cerebral game than you give him credit for.

I will say though if Drai had somewhat better linemates or a PMD on the team he'd probably fare better pts wise. On a team like Tampa Drai would be ppg EASILY.

ps nice video load. I get to see the add and then a black screen...I already watched the replay, not sure what you're seeing but that advertising video didn't help much..
The thing is, you don't pay 60-70 point players 8.5mil. The lack of a PMD is a massive issue though and it's holding back all of our forwards offensively. Getting one should have been a priority the last 3 summers but instead we've wasted assets and cap space on shitty defensive dmen.

Typical NHL.com bullshit. Try this direct link instead. This was not a good play by Drai. https://www.nhl .com/video/kucherovs-top-shelf-ppg/t-294783778/c-59021203

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Special teams and goaltending the difference today

same as its been all season

best part is that there's only 10 games left

Oh god, still TEN games to go? Arghhh...
Bloody hell. Someone just put this poor horse down.

Well, I guess the goal should be to develop the young guys as much as possible. Which is obviously what they're doing when they didn't put Bear and/or Jesse on the PPs in the 3rd because... we needed the win to get in the playoff race? Yeah, I dunno what the coaches were thinking, or have been thinking for most of the year for that matter.

As Marge Simpson famously once said: "I'm SOOO f***ing embarrassed right now."

Last edited:

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
This is quite clearly the case. The deal is you can search comments of booya mentioned Drai and its invariably a negative comment. I don't recall positive comments about the player from the poster.
Neither do I. He's just being rude.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't wait until next year when dimwits start to turn on McDavid and accuse him of being lazy/sulking/whatever.

This team has an AHL group of forwards outside of 3, maybe 4 guys and a defense that can't defend and can't contribute offensively.

There is a very long list of problems on this team. Anyone thinking Draisaitl or McDavid are on that list aren't worth listening too.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Slepy Cammy Caggiula Pac man all need to be off roster next season not NHL calibre and Pac man can kill penalties but no offense , we had that pk guy Chia bought him out and he has more goals than any of our wingers this season. Kassian has been a huge dissapointment as well , Strome also has no finish .

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Neither do I. He's just being rude.

he was just looking to get a rise out of posters. The Oilers do inflict fans in weird ways. It impacts us all at different times.

Overall we can't be too disappointed going down in a close game to the league leading Lightning in their rink. Reality is we've lost a lot of winger depth and its hard for our Centers to get production traction now. Tough sledding. Then you end up having to try to force some offense and it can go downhill. The team was fairly disciplined today. Just got beat by a better club that has MUCH better depth support

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Actually I'm being something called objective :)

Which contradicts your earlier accusation of me being biased towards him.

BTW, sorry I don't have time to read your post history. But from your comment, I can assume that last year when he was good, you were actually nice to Drai? So that would mean now you've turned on him. That doesn't look any better on you.
I never turned on him.
but when he makes a bad play, and I comment....all of a sudden, according to you i;m Ant-Drai,
and always negative towards him.

y'know, jut to give you a bit of insight, players are allowed to have bad games, and posters are allowed to notice and comments on them.
don't take it personally....It;'s not like I closed fist punched your todler in the mouth.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The thing is, you don't pay 60-70 point players 8.5mil. The lack of a PMD is a massive issue though and it's holding back all of our forwards offensively. Getting one should have been a priority the last 3 summers but instead we've wasted assets and cap space on ****ty defensive dmen.

Typical NHL.com bull****. Try this direct link instead. This was not a good play by Drai. https://www.nhl .com/video/kucherovs-top-shelf-ppg/t-294783778/c-59021203

Damn NHL. I despise having to watch 30secs of an add to see a 15 sec hilite of a goal. Already watched it. Drai is just clearing that puck behind net free from danger. Bear has to at least compete for the puck. Bear played that as if he wasn't even there.

your link didn't work again. heh

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I can't wait until next year when dimwits start to turn on McDavid and accuse him of being lazy/sulking/whatever.

This team has an AHL group of forwards outside of 3, maybe 4 guys and a defense that can't defend and can't contribute offensively.

There is a very long list of problems on this team. Anyone thinking Draisaitl or McDavid are on that list aren't worth listening too.
McDavid/Drai/RNH.

After that the forwards are a complete gong show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad