Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3, Oilers 1

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There are too many useless players on this roster and not enough players who can actually score.

Once again we make a goalie look better than he really is.

Also Tampa fans, stop complaining about your f***ing team. We didn't get any PP points and your guy gained a bigger lead in the scoring race. The guy you've been bitching about.

Reactions: ujju2

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I truly believe if our PP was above average, McDavid would be running away with the Art Ross. I'm beyond fed up with the coaching staff and their stubborn crap.
Look at the way the f***ing Bolts handle their PP. They know how to utilize their shooters. f*** off, Woodcroft.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Good result, notwithstanding the Kucherov goals. The media narrative that was building up over the past few days was how the oilers were "coming out of it" and "ending the season on a high". Dangerous talk if you want the coaching staff gone.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Weird game. Had chances but they were blocked or saved. Special teams have let us down again.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Bring back Eakins and his coaches. Seriously. Our PP and PK wouldn't be this bad and (I believe) wasn't this bad even under Eakins, which says a lot as I think this lineup is clearly better.

Needs to be a movement to get Todd fired. We can't just trust Chia and MacT (his right-hand man) to do it. Outward pressure might help. No guarantees, but couldn't hurt. We'd need the stat nerds (I say that lovingly, as I consider myself a nerd of types) to get behind it, so there's actually evidence to back up how terrible the coaching staff is, and so the Oiler brass know it's just not raw emotion; that there's substance to demanding the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulYou

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Playing Lucic on the PP is the same failure of a formula that had Letestu on it all season long, until Letestu got traded. Playing f***ing favorites over and over.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Shoot this gm and coach into the sun. You know what is going to happen? Quinville will get fired and the Flames will get him, we will not even try. If our shit owner gave a crap at all he would fire the gm and coach and offer Quinville 5 mill per and go from there. Do not let this horrible GM try to fix this he will trade RNH for Penny's on the dollar you know for a fact that is why he is playing with McDavid.

What have we done to deserve this?

Reactions: PulYou and ujju2

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone else concerned by the way the whole team including the captain gave up with about 8 seconds left? For a team that tends to give up goals in those final seconds they sure didn't believe they should bother there.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
I don't get why they always pinch off there own teammate on the boards and try to clear up past the opponent where there's no support. Mind boggling

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Team needs a sniper, or someone who can 1-time it. So many missed opportunities because players either choke
or they dust the puck off when they should be shooting, Drai is guilty of this too often.
Nobody can raise the puck either, always low shots and muffins...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Shoot this gm and coach into the sun. You know what is going to happen? Quinville will get fired and the Flames will get him, we will not even try. If our **** owner gave a crap at all he would fire the gm and coach and offer Quinville 5 mill per and go from there. Do not let this horrible GM try to fix this he will trade RNH for Penny's on the dollar you know for a fact that is why he is playing with McDavid.

What have we done to deserve this?

That might be one of the worst days of my life if it happens. That is, we keep Todd on and Flames get Coach Q.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If I was an Oilers player and Woodcroft was drawing up a PP I would do the opposite of what he wanted me to do and it would result in a goal

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We had a **** ton of chances but just couldn't quite pounce on them. That happens sometimes. Onto the next game.

Reactions: RegDunlop

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Team needs a sniper, or someone who can 1-time it. So many missed opportunities because players either choke
or they dust the puck off when they should be shooting, Drai is guilty of this too often.
I think the Oilers could use a goal scoring winger. Wonder if Strome would get the trade wheels turning?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

They have guys for it. JP can literally laser the puck, if the Oilers coach had the common sense to put him out there. Set him up for a one timer. I've barely seen any f***ing PP this damn season under Woodcroft that had one timers involved. All they do is play with the puck and try to pass it in front of the net hoping for a tap in/deflection. Its not working. Woodcroft is garbage. Goes to show he had the luxury of the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Burns, etc that made the sharks PP so dynamic.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We had a **** ton of chances but just couldn't quite pounce on them. That happens sometimes. Onto the next game.
Oh ffs how many times have we said this during the season? You know why that happens?

Because the Oilers have very few players who can actually score.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Maybe, but I'm not wrong. When you get paid like he does there's a certain expectation. He's been a massive disappointment lately.

Chia's just as stupid as Todd. Just be thankful he didn't give Drai 9.5+ per season. The fact he got 8.5 is still a joke.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
They have guys for it. JP can literally laser the puck, if the Oilers coach had the common sense to put him out there. Set him up for a one timer. I've barely seen any ****ing PP this damn season under Woodcroft that had one timers involved. All they do is play with the puck and try to pass it in front of the net hoping for a tap in/deflection. Its not working. Woodcroft is garbage. Goes to show he had the luxury of the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Burns, etc that made the sharks PP so dynamic.

No Bear on the 5-on-3. Like c'mon. The guy is a known monster on the PP. WTF are these coaches thinking?

Reactions: McAsuno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad