Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3, Oilers 1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Slepy Cammy Caggiula Pac man all need to be off roster next season not NHL calibre es Pac man can kill penalties but no offense , we had that pk guy Chia bought him out and he has more goals than any of our wingers this season. Kassian has been a huge dissapointment as well , Strome also has no finish .

I almost feel sorry for Strome. Drai setup I'm up several times today and the guy tries hard, gets in lots of open positions and can't finish anything. In all I think Strome had 7 scroring chances. Nothing.

Its the Lucic and Strome stonecold show.

Cammy I don't even expect a goal. All you're ever getting from him is an assist.

But I put blame also on Pulju now. He we have to be getting something more from this player. He is a talent, He's not using it.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I never turned on him.
but when he makes a bad play, and I comment....all of a sudden, according to you i;m Ant-Drai,
and always negative towards him.

y'know, jut to give you a bit of insight, players are allowed to have bad games, and posters are allowed to notice and comments on them.
don't take it personally....It;'s not like I closed fist punched your todler in the mouth.

My point is that when he makes a good play or have a good game, do you make positive comments about him? I've never seen the likes of it from you and Drivesaitl concurred with me so I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

I don't mind people commenting when he has a bad game or makes a bad play. That's not the issue. My issue is that you, and a select group of other posters, are nowhere to be found when he's doing well but all of a sudden you only come out of the woodwork when he does something bad or has a rough game.

I don't take it personally. I just hate how a certain group of fans scapegoat a new player every year. This year, apparently, it's Drai.

Reactions: Aerrol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
he was just looking to get a rise out of posters. The Oilers do inflict fans in weird ways. It impacts us all at different times.

Overall we can't be too disappointed going down in a close game to the league leading Lightning in their rink. Reality is we've lost a lot of winger depth and its hard for our Centers to get production traction now. Tough sledding. Then you end up having to try to force some offense and it can go downhill. The team was fairly disciplined today. Just got beat by a better club that has MUCH better depth support

Yeah, have to give props to TB. They showed why they are a top team in the league. Wasn't very realistic expecting to go in and grab a win in their barn. Just wish we could've scored a couple more goals, even if Tampa scored a couple more too (just not involving Kucherov ;)).

They have a great coaching staff, play hard, win battles, and great depth down the lineup. Yzerman was my favorite player, and now I think he's my favorite GM. Might just be cheering for TB this year's playoffs. Go Stevie!

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
My point is that when he makes a good play or have a good game, do you make positive comments about him? I've never seen the likes of it from you and Drivesaitl concurred with me so I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

I don't mind people commenting when he has a bad game or makes a bad play. That's not the issue. My issue is that you, and a select group of other posters, are nowhere to be found when he's doing well but all of a sudden you only come out of the woodwork when he does something bad or has a rough game.

I don't take it personally. I just hate how a certain group of fans scapegoat a new player every year. This year, apparently, it's Drai.
no kidding.

you don't see it, cuase you don't look for it.but sure as sh@t when someone makes a negative comment on Drai, yo're on it like flies on dog S@#t,

keep your mind open.

positive comments will ALWAYS be ignored, but negative ones??
always rememberd by you.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Damn NHL. I despise having to watch 30secs of an add to see a 15 sec hilite of a goal. Already watched it. Drai is just clearing that puck behind net free from danger. Bear has to at least compete for the puck. Bear played that as if he wasn't even there.

your link didn't work again. heh
Draisaitl fired it right at Bear haha. I think you can even hear Bear yell after the puck hit him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid/Drai/RNH.

After that the forwards are a complete gong show.
Exactly this.

I'd be tempted to give Khaira an honorable mention just because I think he's exceed expectations this year. But he's really not more than a 4th line C. A player like him rarely is going to make a difference in a game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Draisaitl fired it right at Bear haha. I think you can even hear Bear yell after the puck hit him.

It was a bad bounce, I don't really see the point of over analyzing it to death. Draisaitl is the only help McDavid has, he is the last player to turn on. We need to add one more Draisaitl tier player in the worst way.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

ya you do mind. quite a bit.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
no kidding.

you don't see it, cuase you don't look for it.but sure as sh@t when someone makes a negative comment on Drai, yo're on it like flies on dog S@#t,

keep your mind open.

positive comments will ALWAYS be ignored, but negative ones??
always rememberd by you.

If you can't show me ONE positive comment you made, your point is moot.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
If you can't show me ONE positive comment you made, your point is moot.
In Drai's draft year, I was one of the posters in favour of him, while quite a few were in on Bennet.
When the Oilers had their rookie camp and I was there with my daughters I posted about Drai, and how he looked better than McDavid..where werey rou?
Like hosestly,
where were you?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
if you don't care to look tfhan F@#k you.

First of all, I did look at a few of your more recent posts. All that came up was "Drai looks slow. Drai looks drunk," etc., etc. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to look at the last four years of your posting history. And I'm not talking about three or four years ago or even last year. If you actually bothered to read my posts, you will see that I was talking about THIS year.

Secondly, your inability to show me ONE recent post of you defending or complimenting Drai, in combination with you needing to resort to swearing at me, shows your complete and utter lack of intelligence.

Thirdly, because you lack the ability to have a civil conversation and resort to the caveman mentality of swearing at me, I reported your post.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
First of all, I did look at a few of your more recent posts. All that came up was "Drai looks slow. Drai looks drunk," etc., etc. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to look at the last four years of your posting history. And I'm not talking about three or four years ago or even last year. If you actually bothered to read my posts, you will see that I was talking about THIS year.

Secondly, your inability to show me ONE recent post of you defending or complimenting Drai, in combination with you needing to resort to swearing at me, shows your complete and utter lack of intelligence.

Thirdly, because you lack the ability to have a civil conversation and resort to the caveman mentality of swearing at me, I reported your post.
HMM

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Chia's just as stupid as Todd. Just be thankful he didn't give Drai 9.5+ per season. The fact he got 8.5 is still a joke.
Well Drai is actually making $9 million this season as well as the next three before it levels out to just $8 mill per... it is what it is!!!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kucherov gets 11+ mill this summer, so he and Stamkos are about the same as McDavid + Draisaitl except Draisaitl has the added ability of sliding to his own line at C if you want.

Those two aren't the problem on the team.

Everyone else is.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Draisaitl is very overrated. He has 62 points in 67 games in a season where scoring is up. If he drove his own line all the time like Malkin, he would have even fewer points. He's way overpaid. Elite players find ways to score. Draisaitl is not an elite player.

Do you need to be reminded how horrible the teams PP is?

Add the fact the team gets the least amount of PP in the league. Combine the two and you can understand why Draisaitl only has 62 points.

Imagine if the Oilers PP was somewhere near the top in the league and they were at the top of the league in PP opportunities. McDavid and Draisaitl would be 1 and 2 in scoring with the rest of the league way behind. A extra 60 PP's would go along way in padding their stats.

Reactions: PGW and Duke74

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
The game wasn't that lopsided, we could've buried a few that we got unlucky with.

I think coaching on the 5 on 3 was a bigger factor today than any one individual to the loss, despite some poor performances.

Now, for some irony to my statement:

I have no clue what people see in Strome as any sort of contributor to this team, even as a 3C.
He does not hustle, he does not capitalize, he is completely ineffective. One good week and a half should not earn him this kind of leash.

MacLellan has his favourites (in and of itself a huge reason we've lost a bunch of games this year), his coaches' pets that don't deserve to be on the ice, if accountability was properly recognized and assigned. Strome, Caggiula, Cammaleri and Lucic have no business whatsoever being given PP time or top 6 time.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
I was at the game with the family, blew a thousand on tickets, food and $15 beers. Team played like crap. Should have went yesterday instead. FML

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The game wasn't that lopsided, we could've buried a few that we got unlucky with.

I think coaching on the 5 on 3 was a bigger factor today than any one individual to the loss, despite some poor performances.

Now, for some irony to my statement:

I have no clue what people see in Strome as any sort of contributor to this team, even as a 3C.
He does not hustle, he does not capitalize, he is completely ineffective. One good week and a half should not earn him this kind of leash.

MacLellan has his favourites (in and of itself a huge reason we've lost a bunch of games this year), his coaches' pets that don't deserve to be on the ice, if accountability was properly recognized and assigned. Strome, Caggiula, Cammaleri and Lucic have no business whatsoever being given PP time or top 6 time.
in principle I'm not against giving ice time to fringe players, or even to try to get Lucic going.

The bad thing to me is that I figure that the team really should be trying to make McDavid win the Art Ross. I know it seems petty, but it would be a small victory for this team and I think every player on the team would be proud about it. So... why is Tmac doing things for these growth reasons, rather than supporting McDavid to the max? Imo Drai should be with McDavid for the rest of the season. And yeah, Puljujarvi should get more leash.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I attended this game live at Amalie Arena with center ice-ish seats. If you have a chance to attend do it - the Lightning folk put on a show from arena entrance (they had an outside party and cheerleaders who cheered then opened the doors) til the end. Most pro sport events I've attended (NHL included) only have half the amount of entertainment.

Onto the game. What a disaster. 40-30 shots was only because the Oilers two PPs where they had bunch of shots but other than Nuge's shot and maybe one other... there wasn't much in terms of scoring chances for us. Lightning destroyed us. We cycled the puck in their zone maybe twice? We could barely enter the zone and get a clean shot. The score should have been 4-0 Tampa... Hedman scored on his own goalie.

The worst play of the night? Golden boy in the third lost the puck at the O-zone blueline and it turned into a 2-on-1 but he didn't bother backchecking.. he just slumped and let it happen... and only after Montoya made a save and the puck moved out of the zone is when McDavid suddenly had a burst of energy.

Drai's giveaway behind the net that lead to the GA was also horrific.

The same problem has plagued this team all season - poor breakouts, mishandling of pucks in the D-zone with full possession (often trying to make a fancy pass), and an allergy to shooting (players always look to make a cross ice pass). The Lightning are the opposite of this... their players drive to the net, they attempt to shoot as a first option rather than overhandling the puck and attempt to make another pass.

I feel sorry for folks who spend hundreds to attend games in Edmonton on this sad sack of a team.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
in principle I'm not against giving ice time to fringe players, or even to try to get Lucic going.

The bad thing to me is that I figure that the team really should be trying to make McDavid win the Art Ross. I know it seems petty, but it would be a small victory for this team and I think every player on the team would be proud about it. So... why is Tmac doing things for these growth reasons, rather than supporting McDavid to the max? Imo Drai should be with McDavid for the rest of the season. And yeah, Puljujarvi should get more leash.

It may be petty, but I like to think it could still be a team victory from this perspective: your captain has been there for you all year, can you raise your games for him the way he has for you?

The sad part is, much like the theme of this season, if he wants that thing, he'll likely have to do it himself.
Either way, we as fans are in for a long summer that doesn't have much hope. Art Ross would be a high point of the next 5 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad