Post-Game Talk: Lightnight 7, Penguins 1: The Niemi Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think it's not good to put him in the 2nd game of B2Bs.

I don't see how that matters. But I did find it odd that they started Murray against the Panthers and not Tampa. Tampa is #1 in the standings in the eastern conference whereas Tampa is second to last.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't see how that matters. But I did find it odd that they started Murray against the Panthers and not Tampa. Tampa is #1 in the standings in the eastern conference whereas Tampa is second to last.
I think the thought it they want the best chance they can for one win, so play the better goalie vs the worse team. Don't want to have Niemi blow it vs the easier team, then still lose with Murray vs the good team.

Honestly, I would understand either way. But I doubt we win tonight with Murray.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yeah, reverse on this particular B2B is odd.

Secondly, they just don't have the depth they had to help counter these, and it's like they are just using Nemi as a sacrificial lamb.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think the thought it they want the best chance they can for one win, so play the better goalie vs the worse team. Don't want to have Niemi blow it vs the easier team, then still lose with Murray vs the good team.

Honestly, I would understand either way. But I doubt we win tonight with Murray.
Oh i agree, Murray wouldn't have been the difference. but why do you play your backup against Tampa and you starter vs. the Panthers?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't give up on Niemi just yet. Maybe we send him to the A for a conditioning stint for a weekend or something to regain his confidence and stop some easier rubber, even if it's just for a game or two.

Certainly don't have anything to lose.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Letang is now a -9 and Dumo is a -8 on the season.
Get your freaking **** together...

Last edited by a moderator:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Man, that was bullshit, utter stinking pile of bullshit. God bless alcohol and f*** Niemi, thought he was a useless sack of shit in Dallas and he is worse now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Since the team doesn't want to play hard on these b2b games, especially on the road, and Sully keeps playing the backup goalie, I think they should just call up four or five AHL players and sit Sid, Geno, Letang and whoever else. Those guys from the A would play hard, just as Sully wants, and Sid and Geno would get some rest. Win and win.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I wouldn't give up on Niemi just yet. Maybe we send him to the A for a conditioning stint for a weekend or something to regain his confidence and stop some easier rubber, even if it's just for a game or two.

Certainly don't have anything to lose.
I agree. He’s definitely trending upwards. Both gaa and save percentage better this start than his start against Chicago.

Reactions: NEPA

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also dunno why Sully insists on not using fresh F's on these b2b's.
Archie can PK just as well as anyone we have right now sans maybe 1 or 2 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad