Post-Game Talk: Lightnight 7, Penguins 1: The Niemi Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Who cares. Niemi only makes 700k so his contract won't count against the cap if he's in the minors. Also he might just quit hockey if we waive him.
:laugh:
It was a joke. Sunburn...the red light...

Last edited:

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Niemi is actually the worst goaltender in the league AINEC. When he gives up a 4 spot in approximately 20 minutes, and back-breakers within the first and last minutes of different periods no shit the team is going to pack it in. They're on the back end of back-to-backs and they don't even get a chance, I wouldn't hold up a magnifying glass to their effort level in these games. The solution is simple really, bury Niemi and get literally any other NHL calibre goalie.

This team has three regulation losses, and all three are the back-ends of back to backs where Niemi started. 7.5 GAA. He's trash, move on and the team won't look so discombobulated.

The only thing that annoys me is that Sullivan is downplaying how bad Niemi has been in order to remain respectful to the guy. I get it, but I prefer the no bs Sully.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean... Niemi was god awful. Some pucks are sitting right in front of him and he can't cover them. His rebound control is awful. He's just awful. I seriously would have more faith in a hipless Jocelyn Thibault. Niemi was awful.

I don't really know how to analyze these games. We are down so quickly and if goaltending can keep them in it, they may be able to surge. But it's really difficult to analyze these games when the Captain takes a dumb penalty early and loses his mind to take an additional 10 minute on top of the goalie no being able to save anything.

I mean... we need a back up goalie who is reliable. It's not Niemi. I don't know what else to say.

Reactions: KIRK and NEPA

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
5500bf74a14c8.image.jpg

Denis Lemieux is available..he wants to be traded right ******** now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I mean... Niemi was god awful. Some pucks are sitting right in front of him and he can't cover them. His rebound control is awful. He's just awful. I seriously would have more faith in a hipless Jocelyn Thibault. Niemi was awful.

I don't really know how to analyze these games. We are down so quickly and if goaltending can keep them in it, they may be able to surge. But it's really difficult to analyze these games when the Captain takes a dumb penalty early and loses his mind to take an additional 10 minute on top of the goalie no being able to save anything.

I mean... we need a back up goalie who is reliable. It's not Niemi. I don't know what else to say.

This is why I have a difficult time getting too upset about this result. It's just so hard to really analyze the game properly when you've got a goalie who gives the team absolutely zero chance to win.

It's like trying to analyze what's wrong with a baseball team's fielding and bats in games where the starter is constantly giving up 8 runs before they're even out of the 2nd inning.

Reactions: ColePens and NEPA

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The Niemi experiment has to end.
We have the most b2b in the league. And if we keep giving away 1 game every time it will account to 19 losses.

That will put HUGE pressure on us the rest of the games if we wanna make the playoffs.

I rather they dont piss away assets for a backup. We have to bring Jarry up. Sure, he wont play as much as in WBS. But we cant keep giving away games Niemi plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad