GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Ross Atkins needs to be held accountable for the Jays putrid offense. Not that the pitching was good today, but “internal” growth as an off-season strategy is looking like a comedic failure.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I am all for bashing Atkins, but if Vladdy and Bo are going to hit like bench players, it really doesn't matter in the end. The foundation the house was built on sucks right now.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm at the Orioles game and they are playing Kool and the gang celebration

big troll as this is the Oakland win song

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm at the Orioles game and they are playing Kool and the gang celebration

big troll as this is the Oakland win song
doubt they were doing it to troll. you'd have to be really, really desperate to be trolling the A's at this point

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It's astonishing the Braves have the best (or 2nd best?) record in the MLB. Some of their main hitters, Acuna, Reilly, and Olson have been garbage in the batter's box so far. Couldn't hit a beachball. It's nice that good pitching (even without Strider) and Ozuna and Arcia have helped bail them out, but I don't see that sustaining.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
doubt they were doing it to troll. you'd have to be really, really desperate to be trolling the A's at this point
Trolling the A's is kind of the equivalent of going to the prom with your blow-up doll.

I mean, I heard that's the equivalent.

• Haha
Reactions: Terry Yake

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
It's astonishing the Braves have the best (or 2nd best?) record in the MLB. Some of their main hitters, Acuna, Reilly, and Olson have been garbage in the batter's box so far. Couldn't hit a beachball. It's nice that good pitching (even without Strider) and Ozuna and Arcia have helped bail them out, but I don't see that sustaining.
Acuna is not hitting like an MVP, but he's a leadoff hitter with a .390 OBP, so there's that.

The real key is that they have no weaknesses. Riley is hitting the worst with an 88 OPS+.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Not even a 7-0 lead is safe for the "new and improved Marlins". :shakehead :cry: 😭 :rant: And Skip can feel free to leave any time he likes since he is 176% checked out of this shit show. Yeah, its not his fault but he is doing nothing to help the situation either.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Acuna is not hitting like an MVP, but he's a leadoff hitter with a .390 OBP, so there's that.

The real key is that they have no weaknesses. Riley is hitting the worst with an 88 OPS+.
Olson batting .212. That's brutal.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Olson batting .212. That's brutal.
103 OPS+ - exactly league-average OBP and slightly above-average SLG.. That's below-average for a first baseman and well below his standard. It's also only 25 games.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
103 OPS+ - exactly league-average OBP and slightly above-average SLG.. That's below-average for a first baseman and well below his standard. It's also only 25 games.
Well, yeah. It's only 25 games...the point is that the team is very lucky to have others picking up the slack.

Top of their rotation out for the year and some of their best hitters stink right now. I'm sure they'll turn it around, but it's amazing they have that good of a record.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
If we could only play the Rockies 19 times a year.... Sigh. That was the most fun I've had all season....Now back to reality. Gotta keep climbing out of this fine hole that we've hilariously dug ourselves.It was nice to actually come through with RISP for once.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

1714439089112.png

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad