Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
One series that I have started is a French one: Le bureau des légendes. My friend who works for some Secret service unit gave me the series on a usb key and told me it was the closest a series has EVER come to the real stuff.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One series that I have started is a French one: Le bureau des légendes. My friend who works for some Secret service unit gave me the series on a usb key and told me it was the closest a series has EVER come to the real stuff.

Where and when can we see it?

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Ordet: 7.5/10

13 Reasons Why Season 2: 7.3/10 Not a total money grab but it doesn't add a lot to the 1st season either.

bullet in the head (1990): 5.5/10 4 or 5 guys kill about a million bad guys in little over 2 hours. With also ridiculous music.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Soooo your secret service friend told you he works in the secret services... Makes sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Soooo your secret service friend told you he works in the secret services... Makes sense.

Yeah but he told him covertly, before dino decided to make it available on a public forum. There could be an emerging Julian Assange factor. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I discontinued my subscription to the movie network(i'm old). How is season 2 of Westworld?

It doesn't generate the magic of the first season. It's basically the robots taking over, with nebulous sub-plots. There is a marked lack of cohesion, not sure who is trying to prevail over who or why some of the robots are estranged from the others. It's like Larry Chuckles Carrière was directing the episodes and rubber stamped every brainstormed idea and then despite the resulting confusion, he'll come out and say how they've all done a good job.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It doesn't generate the magic of the first season. It's basically the robots taking over, with nebulous sub-plots. There is a marked lack of cohesion, not sure who is trying to prevail over who or why some of the robots are estranged from the others. It's like Larry Chuckles Carrière was directing the episodes and rubber stamped every brainstormed idea and then despite the resulting confusion, he'll come out and say how they've all done a good job.
I am no critic/expert but I assumed that the departure of Hopkins meant one of two things, either money or creative difference.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Plot was probably better in the first movie... fight scenes, action and jokes, better in the second

I have to say though, not that hard to beat the plot of the first movie. lol It's like they wrote the jokes first and then wrote the plot on a napkin.

------------------------

Watched The Last Kingdom upon recommendation from a friend that knew I liked Vikings. I've liked it so far although I don't love it as much as Vikings. It's hard to find another Travis Finnel.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Well, we've known each other for years. And he's not an agent, but a director. So yes. Do I need to kill you all now? OK, so THAT'S how it works...

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The Terror wrapped up last night. Overall, a decent fictional account of true events. I thought there was some great acting in the series and some definite messed up moments throughout. The show also had a pretty decent despicable character as well as a rather unlikely protagonist given the other characters in the show which seemed to fit that mold of "good guy" a little better. 7/10

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I went to see Infinity War this past weekend.

After 20-something Marvel Studio movies, the milking has gone as far as it could. Black Panther was meh, so I wasnt expecting much with AIW.

Well... i was pleasantly surprised.

Really liked how they portrayed Thanos. DC has A LOT to learn from Marvel Studios.

Edit: SPOILER: Anyone thought Red Skull looked like Skeletor from He-man???

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The Terror wrapped up last night. Overall, a decent fictional account of true events. I thought there was some great acting in the series and some definite messed up moments throughout. The show also had a pretty decent despicable character as well as a rather unlikely protagonist given the other characters in the show which seemed to fit that mold of "good guy" a little better. 7/10

Is it about the French Revolution?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I went to see Infinity War this past weekend.

After 20-something Marvel Studio movies, the milking has gone as far as it could. Black Panther was meh, so I wasnt expecting much with AIW.

Well... i was pleasantly surprised.

Really liked how they portrayed Thanos. DC has A LOT to learn from Marvel Studios.

Edit: SPOILER: Anyone thought Red Skull looked like Skeletor from He-man???

I thought Black Panther was garbage. I came in with relatively big expectations given some of the reviews, but in the end I think it's one of the weakest movies in the MCU.

Infinity war, on the other end, was pretty damn great I must say. Arguably the best movie out of the MCU.

I've been watching "The good doctor" lately. The premise is interesting enough, but it is plagued by the same old clichés that typically plague that genre. Still fairly enjoyable to me, but it tries way too hard at striking emotional cords.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad