Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Has anybody watched the Punisher yet and is it any good.

It's more of the same. The most redeeming point for me was that there's no real super power, with the exception of surviving horrific beatings. 5/10 for me. The protagonist in profile also looks to me like Jim Caviezel on PEDs. I found that amusing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had to give up Showcase, so I watched the full season 1 on the Netflix. I really like it too. Thanks for the heads up.

I hope they stopped the terrible tagline in their promos, though, "More speculative than Science Fiction!" I literally rolled my eyes every time I heard it.

I hadn't paid any attention to the promos. But now that you've mentioned it, I will. The ad line you provided is lame indeed, lol.

Real happy you enjoyed Travelers. Might be the only endorsement the show has received in this thread so far besides mine. :laugh:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I hadn't paid any attention to the promos. But now that you've mentioned it, I will. The ad line you provided is lame indeed, lol.

Real happy you enjoyed Travelers. Might be the only endorsement the show has received in this thread so far besides mine. :laugh:

How can you not like a show about time traveling, body snatching, crime solvers? It's got everything! :sarcasm:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I think most of us here do, and mostly like it. I've been following it since the beginning, big fan of Lagertha.

There's another mini-series called Real Vikings, sort of a biographical making of the series. Tells the story as history recorded it.
Last epesode Lagertha made me fall in love with her after that "scene" lol i'm sure you know witch one. What an animal that woman is... I've never been more turned on in my life by a woman with her clothes on lol.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Last epesode Lagertha made me fall in love with her after that "scene" lol i'm sure you know witch one. What an animal that woman is... I've never been more turned on in my life by a woman with her clothes on lol.

I wouldn't mind being Lagertha's prisoner if that was how I was going to be treated. :) I certainly didn't expect that scene to play out like that.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Watched "The circle" on Netflix this week.
2/10
Terrible plot, annoying main character and sub-par acting.
Not even Tom Hanks could save this.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
How do you guys rate The Handmaid's Tale? It's insane how many good shows they put on these days.

In my humble opinion it is one of the very best TV shows ever. Yes, I am fully aware that it's a bold claim, but I stand by it. It has everything going for it - there's nary a flaw to be discovered in the series.

Moss' humanity, her unsettling tale is what stood out to me the most. It's one of the finest acting performances in TV I can ever remember. Her face is just so expressive. As a viewer you can easily spot all range of emotions - from defiance, to fear and finally rage. She does a spectacular job here.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Watched "The circle" on Netflix this week.
2/10
Terrible plot, annoying main character and sub-par acting.
Not even Tom Hanks could save this.

Sure, Tom Hanks couldn't. But what about Emma Watson, her hotness can save a movie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys watch Curb Your Enthusiasm?

I'm thinking of changing my user name to Long Ball Larry...

Love Curb. Current version is not as edgy as its previous rendition but still enjoyable. Some of that supporting cast are past being long in the tooth.

One guy absolutely stands out, it has to be J.B. Smoove. His demeanor and mannerisms are hilarious.

I've recently seen him interviewed on Fallon. You should have seen his dancing choreography when he emerges from the curtain. It's unfortunate, they've cut out that segment from his interview on YouTube. It's simply spectacular. Only other guest who I have seen with dancing moves as riveting, is Ken Jeong, the villain from The Hangover movies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Love Curb. Current version is not as edgy as its previous rendition but still enjoyable. Some of that supporting cast are past being long in the tooth.

One guy absolutely stands out, it has to be J.B. Smoove. His demeanor and mannerisms are hilarious.

I've recently seen him interviewed on Fallon. You should have seen his dancing choreography when he emerges from the curtain. It's unfortunate, they've cut out that segment from his interview on YouTube. It's simply spectacular. Only other guest who I have seen with dancing moves as riveting, is Ken Jeong, the villain from The Hangover movies.
What is that a shiitake mushroom?
Hey!
Get that gay monkey off my sh*t

Hold on let me do bump

JB smoove is a great character indeed, the guy has great swag. Ive actually only started watching the show this season so i'm going to have to backtrack and start from the begining... I've only seen bits and pieces and random episodes before i decided to PVR the new season. I'm gona look up that Fallon thing lol.

Reactions: Runner77

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
JB Smoove steals almost every scene he is in. One of my favourite Curb characters. He actually wrote a book from the POV of Leon. He's an incredible comic as well. Hilarious on and off camera.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is that a shiitake mushroom?
Hey!
Get that gay monkey off my sh*t

Hold on let me do bump

JB smoove is a great character indeed, the guy has great swag. Ive actually only started watching the show this season so i'm going to have to backtrack and start from the begining... I've only seen bits and pieces and random episodes before i decided to PVR the new season. I'm gona look up that Fallon thing lol.

I tried looking up for the Fallon thing, but they're only showing the segment from the time Smoove is sitting in the guest chair. The prior dancing bit is like 30 seconds long but completely sets up the zany character that he is. I like talk show guests that put in that extra creative effort to make an impression. It happened just before this segment, where you'll hear Fallon complimenting him on the dance moves when he says "that's how you do it", that's what Fallon means:

He's pimping his book about Leon Black, his alter ego in Curb. His Uber Feet and IKEA parties bits are hilarious.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I tried looking up for the Fallon thing, but they're only showing the segment from the time Smoove is sitting in the guest chair. The prior dancing bit is like 30 seconds long but completely sets up the zany character that he is. I like talk show guests that put in that extra creative effort to make an impression. It happened just before this segment, where you'll hear Fallon complimenting him on the dance moves when he says "that's how you do it", that's what Fallon means:

He's pimping his book about Leon Black, his alter ego in Curb. His Uber Feet and IKEA parties bits are hilarious.

Haha, this guy is gold, thanks for that one.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad