Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I just watched the greatest episode of CSI Miami ever. Probably the greatest episode of any show of all time. The writers should have won an Emmy at least.

Twins conspire to marry a man to take all of his money. There's a hitch and they kill him. Later we find out that the twins are actually triplets. But wait M Night isn't finished here. The man they killed was the wrong man. They killed his twin. It's been 10 minutes and I am still reeling from this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not a great fan of sci fi, even though I have enjoyed certain series. I am now halfway through Season 1 of The Expanse on Space.

Have any of you followed it? It has received positive reviews but somehow, I'm struggling to keep up with the story and its characters are mostly not appealing. Is this worth pursuing?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just watched the greatest episode of CSI Miami ever. Probably the greatest episode of any show of all time. The writers should have won an Emmy at least.

Twins conspire to marry a man to take all of his money. There's a hitch and they kill him. Later we find out that the twins are actually triplets. But wait M Night isn't finished here. The man they killed was the wrong man. They killed his twin. It's been 10 minutes and I am still reeling from this.

But then, in a strange twist, the cop who arrests them is a quadruplet. Brings the twins at the station for interrogation. In another improbable turn of events, the detective assigned to their case is in fact, a quintuplet. The twins break down in the interrogation room and are formally charged with murder.

At their arraignment hearing, the judge eerily comments how he's a sextuplet. The defense attorney then stands up and asks permission to address the court. Permission is granted.

What follows is completely surreal. Turns out the defence attorney is in fact a sextuplet!

The case evolves into too many twists and turns to cover in one post but several months later, there is finally a trial for murder. The crown rests its case. This is when the defense attorney, calls a surprise star witness. The octomom.

How am I doing so far? :laugh:

(Your post was begging for a sequel, I hope I got a laugh out of you. :wg: )

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

That sounds like a terrible plot twist inspired from "Incendies", which was a terrific movie.

Reactions: Doublechin

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
That sounds like a terrible plot twist inspired from "Incendies", which was a terrific movie.

Oh it was terrible. The GOAT line of "my job is to spot differences" from Boa Vista after she revealed the father of the child is still alive. Incredible acting.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

a little levity never hurt anyone

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I finished S1 and 2 of Fargo. S1 was so good. It's up there as one of my favourite seasons of a show. S2, while not as good, I still enjoyed it thoroughly. Mike Milligan was the best character in that season in my opinion. His exchange with the Sheriff (Ted Danson) was a great scene.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can you give us a little more as to why you liked these shows/ movies/ whatyamacallits? I have never heard of either. Thanks in advance.
Having not seen Dark myself, I can only say that its my friend's all time favorite TV series ever. Doesn't mean much, I know, but within my group of friends it is very highly regarded.

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Thank you, I just had septoplasty surgery and I will be sitting around during recovery(10 days). I am going to check out a few series and this one caught my attention as I browsed through my HBO on demand, thanks Groovejuice.

No problem @OldCraig71. I don't know if you ever saw the original film with Yul Brynner, but it's worth a look too, simply if you like nostalgic SciFi.

There was quite a bit of chatter about the series in an earlier iteration of this thread, if I recall correctly. A quick search would probably yield more involved discussion.

May your septum fully recover!

Last edited:

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Can you give us a little more as to why you liked these shows/ movies/ whatyamacallits? I have never heard of either. Thanks in advance.

Dark: It's a german tv serie on netflix with crime and time-travel between the past, the present and the future each time zone are set 33 years apart. The past, the present and the future are interconnected. It's very well done. It's at least as good as strangers things season 2.

Poldark is like a less slick Downton abbey but with more action. It's not a must Watch serie but it's a decent show with pretty women and the lead actor was and maybe still is in the running to be the next James Bond.

Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don't think there's ever seen as TV series that puzzled me more than The OA has. How do you guys understand it (and its ending)? What is the main message here in your opinion?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Got around to watching Robert Eggers’ The Witch. Haven’t seen a horror film quite like that. The attention to detail is amazing. Really really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->