Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Bryan little has played first line center in the NHL. Kadri would be behind schief and little.

Little vs Kadri:

Points? Kadri
Goals? Kadri
CF rel%? Kadri
FF%? Kadri
OZS: Kadri
Salary: Kadri

Younger, cheaper, more productive, better defensive: Kadri

Can you support your argument with some stats or something?

Reactions: BAM

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Bryan little has played first line center in the NHL. Kadri would be behind schief and little.

It would be a dog fight for 2C.....either way I wouldn’t trade Trouba for Kadri if it was me. Kadri offers us nothing we don’t have already in Little.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Agreed. We don't have good bottom 6 C options in the organization right now. Especially considering Kadri's contract, it's a tough sell. He'd be a #2 in Winnipeg.

I don't think we really have the assets to find a deal unless they want to sign Gardiner at 5.5-6 which I doubt they do. Even then, we'd have to gut the farm to come close.

I think a team with an ELC top 6 C is the perfect destination. Either that or go big and land Seguin, and try to move some salary out.

Personally if Trouba was willing to play in Canada I could see a signed Gardiner as a good base for a trade for Trouba (Leafs would be given access to his agent to get contract requirements & willingness to sign). The question comes down to the plus on top of Gardiner we would have a hard time agreeing to. Haha

Reactions: Critical91

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Personally if Trouba was willing to play in Canada I could see a signed Gardiner as a good base for a trade for Trouba (Leafs would be given access to his agent to get contract requirements & willingness to sign). The question comes down to the plus on top of Gardiner we would have a hard time agreeing to. Haha

My guess would be Kapanen + 1st on top. I would probably be willing to deal Liljegren as an addition as well. We don't have roster players that help Winnipeg considering your wingers are already as good or better on each line.

Trouba's really good, and an ideal fit for us.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
To Win:
Oscar Klefbom
2019 1st

To Edm:
Jacob Trouba
Change Klefbom to Adam Larsson & you might have something. I just see him as steadier.
Also, for cap reasons since Edmonton is within a few $s of the cap you might want to substitute Nurse for you 1st. In that case the Jets should add a decent forward still on ELC or @ least on a cap friendly contract (I'd ask for Tanev as he's only being used on the bottom 6 because the top 6 wingers are better. A good player @ only 1.15) while the Oilers would have to bring up Bear or Jones to fill out the D.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Little vs Kadri:

Points? Kadri
Goals? Kadri
CF rel%? Kadri
FF%? Kadri
OZS: Kadri
Salary: Kadri

Younger, cheaper, more productive, better defensive: Kadri

Can you support your argument with some stats or something?
Little has been on a #1 line most of his career.
Kadri has been a #3 center most of his career.

Little has played against top defensive competition every year.
Kadri plays against weaker competition.

Little is a great all around player
Kadri camè into his prime at what 26 and isn't as good all around as little.

Little is a team first guy
Kadri is selfish and not a team first guy

Little played ahead of schief for years
Kadri played behind bozak, Clarkson, and a pile of high end centers....was robidi in there too.

There is no comparison. Little is miles better.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Kadri played behind bozak, Clarkson, and a pile of high end centers....was robidi in there too.

In all honesty, this might be the most poorly informed opinion I've ever read on these forums.

Kadri is better in every way, objectively. He plays against harder CF QoC (52.6 vs 50.13), he's produced more points, he's younger.

Honestly, you are just straight up wrong. I think even your fellow fans would admit this, even the ones that hate the Leafs.

Reactions: BAM

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
My guess would be Kapanen + 1st on top. I would probably be willing to deal Liljegren as an addition as well. We don't have roster players that help Winnipeg considering your wingers are already as good or better on each line.

Kap is a fine prospect, but he’s a winger which we have no need for. Switch out KK for Liljegren and I would do that.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

The add would definitely be the sticking point. Kapanen is useless to us. So, it would have to be Lilegren, the first and maybe something else.

Though as I said earlier, I'd rather not trade him to Toronto, as that makes the Leafs an instant contender and the return for the Jets is just okay, nothing to get excited about.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Maybe now Kadri is better. He’s in his prime and playing on a stacked Toronto team.

Little conversely, is just starting his downward trend. He’s been an underrated terrific 2 way guy his whole career. He put it together a lot earlier than Kadri too.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
For sure,more info is needed for any fan to say what he is worth. Rumors say Florida only! If true,this puts Chevy in an impossible situation. Value takes a hit because of limited partners to work with (leaf fans have experienced this first hand) also, Gotta question the player that is creating this situation. Even if he accepts a trade to other teams how many GMs want that? Character is a thing!
He doesn't have any say in where he goes for 2 years. So GMs will know they have @ least that many years of him with the chance of extending him in that time.
Who knows, his fiancee might flunk out of college turning the Florida thing moot.
& rumors are just that. Remember the rumor Trouba was asking for $8 million but in arbitration went high @ 7.

Reactions: Snowman

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
In all honesty, this might be the most poorly informed opinion I've ever read on these forums.

Kadri is better in every way, objectively. He plays against harder CF QoC (52.6 vs 50.13), he's produced more points, he's younger.

Honestly, you are just straight up wrong. I think even your fellow fans would admit this, even the ones that hate the Leafs.
You are a homer that has no idea. Why hasn't kadri ever played first lìne. Too much competition on the leafs in the Last 9 years?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
IMO Kadri for Little+add is fair. Little is 30 with 6 years left. Kadri is 27 with 4 years left and 2x30goal seasons. Kadri gets suspended too much, which is either plus or minus. Kadri is a better 2way.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018

We have a player in dano who is better than kapanen riding the press box bench. We dont need someone to be behind him in the press box.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

You are a homer that has no idea. Why hasn't kadri ever played first lìne. Too much competition on the leafs in the Last 9 years?

We have a player in dano who is better than kapanen riding the press box bench. We dont need someone to be behind him in the press box.

@Hunter368 @WPG99

Do Winnipeg fans agree with this guy? I mean, I refuted every point he's made, with stats and context and everything he could ever ask for. Then, you add in age and contract...do Winnipeg fans actually think we are being homers for taking Kadri over Little?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No interest in trading Roslovic, he’s too important to our future. If Trouba is traded, Roslovic wouldn’t be included. Plus gets don’t need to get a LHD and rhd back in any trade. Certainly not packaging up Trouba and Roslovic for Carlo & Krug......both are fine players just both aren’t needed. Not wasting a critical piece like Roslovic on a piece we don’t need. Forget about us trading Vesalainen as well, that’s crazy talk

So I am curious what you think about the long term prospect of the D in WPG. Is Myers going to get re-signed? Can Myers play top 4? I was thinking Krug + Carlo (and we won't agree on the value coming back anyway so moot point) because Morrissey + Buff + a bunch of Chariot level crap is what I see if Myers gets let go to pay Laine, Wheeler, Connor, etc.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Do Winnipeg fans agree with this guy? I mean, I refuted every point he's made, with stats and context and everything he could ever ask for. Then, you add in age and contract...do Winnipeg fans actually think we are being homers for taking Kadri over Little?

Not a WPG fan but... Kapanen >> Dano. Kapanen also not a need for WPG AT ALL.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
@Hunter368 @WPG99

No, the season before last year he looked as good(probably a slight but better) but that was more than likely the result of being younger and having played with Wheeler and Laine for the whole season(compared to this season where he played with Laine for 40% of it and had not played a minute with Wheeler 5v5, coincidently Laines stats inflated out of the roof as soon as Little was moved to 3C and Laine had a differnt Center). Kadri is better(at this point it’s not really close), Little’s stats where inflated by his linemates(Wheeler, Ehlers and Laine)talent over the past couple season...

Reactions: BAM and Critical91

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
@Hunter368 @WPG99

Personally, I think Kadri numbers are slightly higher then what he can sustain long term so the gap isn’t massive......but factoring everything into the decision......I take Kadri over Little.

Reactions: BAM and Critical91

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
@Hunter368 @WPG99

You really need to know who you are asking for support from before you ask. I am guessing from most of my conversations that wpg99 is the most blocked poster on the jets board from his biweekly trade proposals where he trades every valuable asset the jets have for peanuts...cause he just wants to see what everyone will say. Good job. You two are great partners.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Personally, I think Kadri numbers are slightly higher then what he can sustain long term so the gap isn’t massive......but factoring everything into the decision......I take Kadri over Little.
And who had harder competition in the past? This guy is basing his decisions based on past numbers.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
No, the season before last year he looked as good(probably a slight but better) but that was more than likely the result of being younger and having played with Wheeler and Laine for the whole season(compared to this season where he played with Laine for 40% of it and had not played a minute with Wheeler 5v5, coincidently Laines stats inflated out of the roof as soon as Little was moved to 3C and Laine had a differnt Center). Kadri is better(at this point it’s not really close), Little’s stats where inflated by his linemates(Wheeler, Ehlers and Laine)talent over the past couple season...
Laine and wheeler the whole season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad