Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Brown is worthless to us, with his contract he might even represent negative value to your offer not bc he's bad or his contract is bad......but bc he offers us no value (we have wingers for days) and has a cap hit greater then a ELC. Remove him from the offer totally, he's not helping your offer in anyway.

Thats a Leafs offer I would seriously consider, fills needs on both sides.
one thing is true, "you don't know Connor"

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I see Tampa as a pretty good trade partner. That said, the Cap work makes things really difficult.

To Tampa: Trouba, Perreault, Copp

To Winnipeg: Sergachev, Johnson, Callahan

Tampa's blueline after the trade is:
Hedman - Stralman
McDonagh - Trouba
Coburn - Girardi

This is easily the best blueline group in the NHL and Tampa also frees up good money and term to re-sign Trouba and other upcoming RFA and UFA's.

Jet's add a blue chip young D to replace some of Trouba's minutes and a C who will probably be a better fit on the 2nd line compared to Little.

Reactions: Jetsetter

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
one thing is true, "you don't know Connor"

I know him very well.....Leafs are my 2nd team.....zero interest in him he adds no value to a team that is bursting at the seams with wingers. Fine player, just fills zero needs on our team and adds to the cap issue.

Reactions: Snowman

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Your porous RHD depth makes it at least somewhat palatable to make a LHD-RHD swap.

But as I said, without a signed Gardiner and a top D prospect (one of the Swedes), I'm not making that deal.
sure why wouldn't you ask for way too much

if Gardiner was going to arbitration today, what would the number be? I would think his arbitrary value would be somewhere in the 6.75 range, due to his relative value to the Leafs success. He is not as crappy as some LeaFlanders would have you believe.

Trouba is a good defenceman no doubt, but for some reason his value and abilities are ratcheting up to Tanavian heights a defender who seemed to acquire a value beyond any reason

so if there was a swap of Dmen between the Leafs and Winnipeg and Gardiner was involved none of the swedes would be involved as an add on, nor would there be any add ons for that matter.

/close

Reactions: hector morrison

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
From the Leafs i'd Offer Gardiner , 1st 2019 , A.J/K.K would be my best offer if Trouba would sign long term deal

So pretty much top 4 D , Good prospect / Young roster player and a 1st rounder
you should call Kyle Dubas with that, I'm sure he'd see that this offer is well anchored in reality and real world value and would call Winnipeg immediately....

Even Chia isn't that generous

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
If Trouba was left handed would anyone really care? The guy has missed 20% of the games due to injury, contract disputes, etc and has only broken 30 points once. No wonder he lost in arbitration (if the rumors are true).

Not saying he's a bad player, but man is he highly valued around here. Guess we'll see what he fetches on the trade market. Can't see Winnipeg keeping him long term at this point.

Reactions: hector morrison

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins don't necessarily need him, plus the pending contract but something centered around Carlo+ might be a decent starting package for the Jets, thoughts?

Carlo+ was turned down a few times in this thread. Bruins fans value Carlo more than outsiders.

It is clear to a Bruins fan how much Krug relied on Carlo defensively and that there is more puck moving and offense there from how he played when Krug was out... but none of that comes through when you only see him a couple times a year and check some stats.

I think in the real world, if WPG had a limited set of teams to deal with and Boston was on the list, that Carlo+ could be a good starting point... I also think it is likely a team w/o McAvoy would try harder to seal the deal.

Bruins best off saving their assets for Panarin or an offensive guy like that becoming available.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
his value ultimately takes a hitonly in regard to his value as a tradeable assethe's a 2 year rental. teams have no control beyond that so it makes little difference to any team regardless of who acquires him Winnipeg will try to convince other teams that there is a chance that he will negotiate to stay wherever he is traded to. but that is immaterial to his actual value.

at the level of performance trouba has demonstrated teams think twice about sacrificing the types of assets required, without having some level of certainty of retaining the player they receive. and realistically with trouba No Team could have ANY level of confifrnce of retaining him .in effect it makes the player virtually worthless as anything other than a strict rental at a substantially reduced rate of return.
Well. if I don't think any Gm does a deal without talking directly and matter -of-factly ro Trouba...not his agent. Can't say off hand what team needs or wants to give up assets to get him for just 2 years, but it's probably not many. Perhaps said team sends back the same type of problem...Panarin comes to mind. Although Jets would have to add!

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
If Trouba was left handed would anyone really care? The guy has missed 20% of the games due to injury, contract disputes, etc and has only broken 30 points once. No wonder he lost in arbitration (if the rumors are true).

Not saying he's a bad player, but man is he highly valued around here. Guess we'll see what he fetches on the trade market. Can't see Winnipeg keeping him long term at this point.

Leafs fans would definitely care much less, that's for sure.

Personally, I think top-4 RD come at a premium because there's a chronic shortage of them and coaches generally prefer playing d-men on their strong side. The Maple Leafs right-side includes Hainsey playing on his weak side, Zaitsev and Carrick. Weak.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Well. if I don't think any Gm does a deal without talking directly and matter -of-factly ro Trouba...not his agent. Can't say off hand what team needs or wants to give up assets to get him for just 2 years, but it's probably not many. Perhaps said team sends back the same type of problem...Panarin comes to mind. Although Jets would have to add!
logically that does make sense if Panarin wishes to play in winnipeg and Trouba in columbus, but as a practical matter unless that is the case it really doesnt solve anything for either because the situation is the same except the names are changed..

I dont see any team being willing to give up A level talent for Assets that they honestly believe they cannot retain unless for competitive reasons in the short term that outweigh long term reasoning. ie a team thinks that they can win a Stanley Cup with said player.

the game is so competitive nowadays that GMs, are reluctant to lose deals for fear that their job security will suffer if they risk a deal where quality assets are sacrificed for players they cant retain, there becomes a level of "Paralasys by Analysis" where both sides end up waiting for the other to blink.

you really cant blame either side because one side sees they are giving up a quality payer but the other sees that they will eventually have nothing for the assets they surrender. thats why we are seeing an increase it teams allowing prospective free agents on expiring contracts, to negotiate their own trades, just so teams can move on and not be held hostage by the lack of resolution

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Homer Jets fans have been saying no to trade proposals for so long, that his value in hfboards eyes have very very slowly climbed for the past 2 years.

The return will be underwhelming imo, when that day comes

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Okay, I’ll repost my offer one more time

Timo Meier, Chris Tierney, and Justin Braun
There is no place for Meir on the wing and we don’t need another 3C in Tierney. I think Braun is underrated and might be helpful, but in total it is too much of what we don’t need and not enough of what we do need.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
logically that does make sense if Panarin wishes to play in winnipeg and Trouba in columbus, but as a practical matter unless that is the case it really doesnt solve anything for either because the situation is the same except the names are changed..

I dont see any team being willing to give up A level talent for Assets that they honestly believe they cannot retain unless for competitive reasons in the short term that outweigh long term reasoning. ie a team thinks that they can win a Stanley Cup with said player.

the game is so competitive nowadays that GMs, are reluctant to lose deals for fear that their job security will suffer if they risk a deal where quality assets are sacrificed for players they cant retain, there becomes a level of "Paralasys by Analysis" where both sides end up waiting for the other to blink.

you really cant blame either side because one side sees they are giving up a quality payer but the other sees that they will eventually have nothing for the assets they surrender. thats why we are seeing an increase it teams allowing prospective free agents on expiring contracts, to negotiate their own trades, just so teams can move on and not be held hostage by the lack of resolution
Yup, well said! Maybe it ends up being a team thats going for it at the trade deadline....it is a time of year where teams tend to over- pay! Or maybe a team loses an important Dman to long term injury and needs a replacement.
But either way,I expect Jets fans to be disappointed in the return for Trouba.! Panarin probably doesn;t bring back fair value either. Just my take,anyway ,my offer to the Jets was Gardiner straight up......no one on these boards seemed to care for that! Oh well, it will be interesting to see how it turns out!

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Personally, I think top-4 RD come at a premium because there's a chronic shortage of them and coaches generally prefer playing d-men on their strong side. The Maple Leafs right-side includes Hainsey playing on his weak side, Zaitsev and Carrick. Weak.

I wonder if any of the other GMs have noticed this and might take this into account in a potential trade offer?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
is there a deal to be had out there for Trouba(+?) for a legit top 6 C and a strong RHD prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad