Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
After the arbitration ruling this afternoon awarding Trouba a 1 year $5.5 million contract, it seems apparent to many that Trouba may not be willing to commit to the Jets long term. It seems apparent he will 1 and 2 year them to death until he is a UFA in 2020.

Perhaps Chevy's best option is to move him before the season starts to maximize on the return.

My offer from the Leafs would be...

WPG
Gardiner
Leivo
Carrick

TOR
Trouba

Rationale:
Acquiring Gardiner would provide the Jets with a good top 4D for this season, which would not weaken them for a run this season, and there is a good chance Gardiner would be open to re-signing in WPG given they are a contender and that he is from Minnesota which is not that far geographically from WPG. Gardiner also is a LHD which is the weaker part of the Jets D-core, which is stronger on the RH side. In Leivo and Carrick the Jets get 2 young players with upside that can step into the line up at a cheap cap hit.

From Toronto's point of view they get Trouba a very good RHD, which is their position of need. They are taking some risk as it has been rumored Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada, but perhaps Toronto being a contender and its proximity to Trouba's home in Michigan would make it a destination he would commit to. There is also the risk that he will want too much in an extension, and will not fit under the Leafs cap in future.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Em’ Leafs fans. Will never change.

Alzner, McCarron and 2nd round pick from Montreal.

See how easy it is? I could go on with the rationale but I’m too lazy for that.
Love the sarcasm...
Except Gardiner is 10X better than Alzner (who at this point would be a cap dump) and Leivo and Carrick are both much better than McCarron who is likely a career AHLer.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Em’ Leafs fans. Will never change.

Alzner, McCarron and 2nd round pick from Montreal.

See how easy it is? I could go on with the rationale but I’m too lazy for that.
Well Gards has substantially more value than a negative value Alzner

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I'll come up with a genuine offer and try not to offend Jets fans.

This actually hurts to type out.

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

Reactions: Eyeseeing

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Kyle Dubas:

giphy.gif

(we'll take a stab at FA)

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Chevy hangs up, Jets have prospects better then Leivo, like Petan, Dano, Tanev. Leivo be no higher who at best be a no higher then depth on the roster for the Moose. Carrick, would never crack thé jets top 7. We have Niku, Poolman, Green, Samburg, Stanley in the system. Gardiner a defensive liability, wouldnt even be a top 5 on the Jets.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

I don’t think the pure value is wrong, but I think the Leafs end up worse in the short run and I don’t think Kadri is any better of a fit for #2C in WPG than Little is. Other teams would value Kadri more and moving Rielly for Trouba is just shuffling chairs.

Reactions: Snowman

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

Cool, our left side goes to crap, and Trouba will likely make more then Rielly on his next contract coming up. The entire idea of acquiring a RHD of Trouba's caliber is to put them with Rielly.

Dermott/Sandin/Liljegren (Jets choice)
1st
Brown

for

Trouba
Copp

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
After the arbitration ruling this afternoon awarding Trouba a 1 year $5.5 million contract, it seems apparent to many that Trouba may not be willing to commit to the Jets long term. It seems apparent he will 1 and 2 year them to death until he is a UFA in 2020.

Perhaps Chevy's best option is to move him before the season starts to maximize on the return.

WPG
Gardiner
Leivo
Carrick

TOR
Trouba

Rationale:
Acquiring Gardiner would provide the Jets with a good top 4D for this season, which would not weaken them for a run this season, and there is a good chance Gardiner would be open to re-signing in WPG given they are a contender and that he is from Minnesota which is not that far geographically from WPG. Gardiner also is a LHD which is the weaker part of the Jets D-core, which is stronger on the RH side. In Leivo and Carrick the Jets get 2 young players with upside that can step into the line up at a cheap cap hit.

From Toronto's point of view they get Trouba a very good RHD, which is their position of need. They are taking some risk as it has been rumored Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada, but perhaps Toronto being a contender and its proximity to Trouba's home in Michigan would make it a destination he would commit to. There is also the risk that he will want too much in an extension, and will not fit under the Leafs cap in future.

Holy smokes, how many proposals of Trouba for Gardiner does there have to be? Just stop.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Cool, our left side goes to crap, and Trouba will likely make more then Rielly on his next contract coming up. The entire idea of acquiring a RHD of Trouba's caliber is to put them with Rielly.

Dermott/Sandin/Liljegren (Jets choice)
1st
Brown

for

Trouba
Copp

I doubt Jets do that, I think other teams beat that. Brown is useless to us, just no value to a team loaded with wingers already. Late 1st.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

WPG
Gardiner
Leivo
Carrick

TOR
Trouba

Rationale:

Carrick and Leivo are worthless to us, we have similar players already that can’t the team. Gardiner is a ufa #3D, other teams beat that offer

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

This does not make the Leafs a better team. I don't see the point. I'm not against a trade involving Kadri, but Rielly is pretty much untouchable right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad