Little vs Kadri:

Points? Kadri
Goals? Kadri
CF rel%? Kadri
FF%? Kadri
OZS: Kadri
Salary: Kadri

Younger, cheaper, more productive, better defensive: Kadri

Can you support your argument with some stats or something?
Little is a good player and I know the perception is everyone on the Leafs is overrated but no one honestly would prefer Little over Kadri.

Reactions: BAM

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Not a WPG fan but... Kapanen >> Dano. Kapanen also not a need for WPG AT ALL.
at the same age that kapanen is now...
One player has 42 points in 107 games, the other has 10 points in 55 games. Who do you think is better?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Little is a good player and I know the perception is everyone on the Leafs is overrated but no one honestly would prefer Little over Kadri.

I agree, and it's not like I'm tryin to put down Little or the Jets. I have no issue saying Wheeler > any Leaf wing, Scheifele is better right now compared Matthews or Tavares, Laine is better than any of our wingers, etc. Little over Kadri is such a strange place for him to make his stand...

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
You have never watched him have you? There is a reason he was playing top line and kadri never will.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
at the same age that kapanen is now...
One player has 42 points in 107 games, the other has 10 points in 55 games. Who do you think is better?

Dano played easier minutes, and with better players according to the stats. They scored around the same pts/60. Dano is a year ahead, so that could change this season. Not sure why we are arguing over these two now, though...neither are irreplaceable. Both decent depth players when given a chance, I wouldn't lose sleep if they swapped places.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Little played top line because we had no one else to do it. If we had Kadri at the same age instead, he to would have played top line with Ladd and Wheels
You are dreaming. Kadri didnt even play over bozak on the same team.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree, and it's not like I'm tryin to put down Little or the Jets. I have no issue saying Wheeler > any Leaf wing, Scheifele is better right now compared Matthews or Tavares, Laine is better than any of our wingers, etc. Little over Kadri is such a strange place for him to make his stand...
Does seem odd. I imagine they are just having you on, it is a pretty idiotic stance.

** Marner will be the best winger on either Team in the near future.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Dano played easier minutes, and with better players according to the stats. They scored around the same pts/60. Dano is a year ahead, so that could change this season. Not sure why we are arguing over these two now, though...neither are irreplaceable. Both decent depth players when given a chance, I wouldn't lose sleep if they swapped places.
We were comparing to a point in time. And if points per 60 is the best you can come up with...you need to ask your friend wpg99 for some pointers.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
We were comparing to a point in time. And if points per 60 is the best you can come up with...you need to ask your friend wpg99 for some pointers.

What have you come up with?

It's pretty obvious you are trolling at this point. I can tell because you haven't made a single worthwhile argument other than an idiotic objective analysis. We all lose for having read that, but you lose more than anyone because you have to be the person who actually typed it out. To the depths of all of our ignore lists you go.

Reactions: ACC1224

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So I am curious what you think about the long term prospect of the D in WPG. Is Myers going to get re-signed? Can Myers play top 4? I was thinking Krug + Carlo (and we won't agree on the value coming back anyway so moot point) because Morrissey + Buff + a bunch of Chariot level crap is what I see if Myers gets let go to pay Laine, Wheeler, Connor, etc.

Trouba top pairing guy.

Josh M young long term, very good D and 50% of our top pairing who went to the final four.

Buff was our playoff mvp when most teams and their D were golfing, he still has 2-3 yrs left at a high lvl.

Myers will be resigned if Trouba is traded and is clearly a top 4 D, still has years left. Myers was very good in the playoffs.

Niku was voted the best D in the entire AHL last year and projects to be a top 4 D maybe this year.

Poolman came in last year and was very solid, not sure top 4 it’s possible but too early to say......easy a very good bottom pairing guy for years.

Kul surprised many people with his solid play, at times even in top 4. Very good bottom pairing guy.

Chariot solid bottom pairing, as was Morrow.

Jets also have Stanley developing nicely, projects to be 2nd pairing possibly

Not sure why you would think we have a bunch of crap.....only Bruins D I would “love” to have is Charlie (which of course isn’t available). Jets D core is fine now and the future, obviously if Trouba was traded we would want a top 4 D back and/or top 4 D prospect depending on values, ages etc.

Last thing the Jets need is a soft offensive D like Krug who struggles defensively (not a shot at him, but he is what he is), we score loads of goals already. We need a good defensive hard D similar to Trouba or at least a good two way top 4 guy. Carlo is interesting but you value him more then me so no point discussing a Carlo as base to a Trouba trade.

I’m fine either way if Trouba is extended or traded.....it’s all about value & fit......as long as the return offers value & fit I don’t have emotional attachment to players.

Reactions: wintersej

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
And who had harder competition in the past? This guy is basing his decisions based on past numbers.

Oh I agree Little as recently as 2 years maybe and without doubt 3 years ago was the better C......but Kadri has improved some and Little is aging some.....moving forward I take Kadri.

Leave me out of your Little/Kadri debate, not a hill worth fighting over.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
What have you come up with?

It's pretty obvious you are trolling at this point. I can tell because you haven't made a single worthwhile argument other than an idiotic objective analysis. We all lose for having read that, but you lose more than anyone because you have to be the person who actually typed it out. To the depths of all of our ignore lists you go.
One player has 313 points over 488 games playing against other 3rd line s. The other player has 475 points in 754 games playing against the other teams best defensive players. Looks like you are the troll. Tell me again how Dano plays easier minutes with better players than kapanen. That comment screamed idiotic.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Value is good, but I'd like for Winnipeg to aim for a d-man younger than Braun. Meier and Tierney are good players, but the Jets will need good D more than forwards if they trade Trouba.

I would include Merkley in an offer for Trouba, but I don’t know that I would do Meier and Merkley. I also doubt Winnipeg would want Merkley.

Joakim Ryan would actually be a fantastic addition for Winnipeg, but trading him for Trouba provides an upgrade on the right side and an only slightly smaller downgrade on the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad