Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I am sure he has experience skating circles like when he had to skate back against the Bruins to pick puck out of his net. Why so upset? You were the one who offered him up for trouba and now he is way better. You can't even figure out what you want. You know it's not trouba....have fun exiting in the first round again. Maybe one day you will get far enough to play Vegas...
Never 'upset'...Trouba wants out...this lowers his value...they would be lucky to get Gards! Leafs "want' RHD ...If the price is more than Gards then keep him till he walks ! Leafs time is comin',we will see!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Fit the mold? You’re acting like the current Jets players are a bunch of saints or something. Regardless, Kadri would be a pretty awesome addition to that forward group, Nylander could play center as well, and who knows how good Roslovic will be in the NHL.

Personally I would not want Kadri as a main piece in return for Trouba. He's a good player, but I don't see him filling any need on the Jets. He just brings more of what we have in Little already. Roslovic "could possibly" become our 2C as early as this season, he's been great with limited ice time & quality.....expecting a breakout season this year. Nylander has proven to be a good winger (no need on the Jets for more wingers) and yet to prove he can play centre at the NHL level. For me Kadri wouldn't even be on my list of players I would be interested in, Nylander only if our scouts were 100% confident he could switch to centre successfully otherwise no interest in him. Not saying Kadri is bad just fills no needs, same as Nylander if he's only a winger....no need.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Fit the mold? You’re acting like the current Jets players are a bunch of saints or something. Regardless, Kadri would be a pretty awesome addition to that forward group, Nylander could play center as well, and who knows how good Roslovic will be in the NHL.
Jets don't want selfish players that lose their cool and get suspended during the most important games of the year. Throat slashing motion won't have him traded immediately. Nylander can't play center at the nhl level. If he could the leafs wouldn't have gone out and got tavares. Mathew perrault is more of a center than nylander.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Personally I would not want Kadri as a main piece in return for Trouba. He's a good player, but I don't see him filling any need on the Jets. He just brings more of what we have in Little already. Roslovic "could possibly" become our 2C as early as this season, he's been great with limited ice time & quality.....expecting a breakout season this year. Nylander has proven to be a good winger (no need on the Jets for more wingers) and yet to prove he can play centre at the NHL level. For me Kadri wouldn't even be on my list of players I would be interested in, Nylander only if our scouts were 100% confident he could switch to centre successfully otherwise no interest in him. Not saying Kadri is bad just fills no needs, same as Nylander if he's only a winger....no need.

With the loss of Stastny (that really blows) and what’s looking like the start of a decline for Little, players like Kadri and Nylander would look pretty amazing on the Jets right now... Since the odds of those two coming to the Jets in any way is ridiculously low, I just hope Roslovic and Petan step up big time (Petan especially, he’s been disappointing at the NHL level).

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Jets don't want selfish players that lose their cool and get suspended during the most important games of the year. Throat slashing motion won't have him traded immediately. Nylander can't play center at the nhl level. If he could the leafs wouldn't have gone out and got tavares. Mathew perrault is more of a center than nylander.

Nylander can play center, he just hasn’t been given a real chance at the NHL level. It’s pretty common for centers to start off as wingers
you know (Seguin and Draisaitl, for example).

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
You forgot Lowry and Copp. We also have perrault. We are loaded with forwards and don't need any more. 11 million coming (minimum) in and 6.2 mill going out makes no sense at all. Not happening.

Last edited:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Seems a tall order for any team that isn't Florida based! Playing in the NHL on very good team,earning millions of dollars isn't enough? Good luck with that! Who wants to deal with someone so easily disenchanted? How can he be taken seriously?
Well where he wants to go is speculation but with with reason. He has shown he'll play both hard and well regardless of perhaps not being where he ideally wants to be so as long as you pay what you're comfortable with ( team's perspective ) then there really should be no concern.

It would be great to have every player be Mark Scheifele, that isn't happening. Lots of championship teams have had indifferent or challenging players. His on ice value should not be in question imo.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I believe that the actual reason the Leafs signed Tavares is because they believe Matthews can't handle #1C duties.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Well where he wants to go is speculation but with with reason. he has shown he'll play both hard and well regardless of perhaps not being where he ideally wants to be so as long as you pay what you're comfortable with ( team's perspective ) then there really should be no concern.

It would be great to have every player be Mark Scheifele, that isn't happening. Lots of championship teams have had indifferent or challenging players. His on ice value should not be in question imo.
For sure,more info is needed for any fan to say what he is worth. Rumors say Florida only! If true,this puts Chevy in an impossible situation. Value takes a hit because of limited partners to work with (leaf fans have experienced this first hand) also, Gotta question the player that is creating this situation. Even if he accepts a trade to other teams how many GMs want that? Character is a thing!

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
With the loss of Stastny (that really blows) and what’s looking like the start of a decline for Little, players like Kadri and Nylander would look pretty amazing on the Jets right now... Since the odds of those two coming to the Jets in any way is ridiculously low, I just hope Roslovic and Petan step up big time (Petan especially, he’s been disappointing at the NHL level).

As stated no doubt both Kadri & Nylander are nice players.....that's not the point......after all there are many nice players out there. The point is what is the ideal & realistic return for Trouba......centre is a secondary need at best, we were the 2nd overall team in the entire NHL before getting Stastny. Plus if you're thinking of a 2C between Laine/Ehlers........I don't think Kadri style of play would be anymore successful then Littles. Any combo of lines that would help Kadri be successful on the Jets are the same combos we can do with Little. One slightly below average season doesn't mean the guy is on a decline......lets see what the next 1-2 years bring before claiming that. I acknowledge if Nylander could successfully convert to a centre he would look great between Laine/Ehlers......but he's totally inexperienced at C at the NHL outside a small sample size. Nylander as a winger on our team is redundant......he would be our 3rd line RW behind Wheeler & Laine.....total waste of value. The only position or spot Nylander has on the Jets is as the 2C which he hasn't proven he can actually do yet. Jets would be taking a significant risk trading Trouba for Nylander, risk being he never becomes a C.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I believe that the actual reason the Leafs signed Tavares is because they believe Matthews can't handle #1C duties.

Outside of one playoff series where AM choked there is no reason to believe that. AM is/will be a very good #1C. No different then Mark in his first series.

Last edited:

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
No worries man. I'm really just trying to turn things around to get people to look at the true value of an opposing player, because I think we all can be guilty of not wanting to give up a lot from our own team. So I was really just trying to make an illustrative example by comparing ability, not a perfect trade comparison. Rielly is on a v nice contract, agreed on that.

I think Trouba is a really good D. Definite first pairing. Would be an asset to almost any team. It would be amazing to have him on the Leafs as their 1RHD. It would be amazing to have him on the Sabres as their 1RHD. Would be amazing to keep him on the Jets as their 1RHD. Problem is his contract situation makes that likely just a 2 year proposition. I think that the Leafs window is larger than that. The Sabres won't be entering their window until after that. If I were the Jets I would probably keep him for the next two years - hope for a cup - and expect him to walk for free after that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
read through a few pages... all I can say is a lot of hfboard posters still don't have a very good grasp on how real trades happen

look for motivation when it comes to trades... check out the relevant cap ramifications. look at comparable values

im not sure trouba will be dealt but if he is im pretty sure based on this thread Winnipeg fans wont be any happier with the return than us bruin fans were when thornton and seguin got dealt

as for Toronto getting a bargain here... how likely is it that winnipegs front office will want to hand Toronto anything on a silver platter?

expect trouba to get dealt... but not to toronto

Reactions: larmex99

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I think Trouba is a really good D. Definite first pairing. Would be an asset to almost any team. It would be amazing to have him on the Leafs as their 1RHD. It would be amazing to have him on the Sabres as their 1RHD. Would be amazing to keep him on the Jets as their 1RHD. Problem is his contract situation makes that likely just a 2 year proposition. I think that the Leafs window is larger than that. The Sabres won't be entering their window until after that. If I were the Jets I would probably keep him for the next two years - hope for a cup - and expect him to walk for free after that.
Yeah, that's a fair assessment. Unless they get a solid top 4 in return, their D corps doesn't look so hot without Trouba (as anyone's would losing a player of his abilities).

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
read through a few pages... all I can say is a lot of hfboard posters still don't have a very good grasp on how real trades happen

look for motivation when it comes to trades... check out the relevant cap ramifications. look at comparable values

im not sure trouba will be dealt but if he is im pretty sure based on this thread Winnipeg fans wont be any happier with the return than us bruin fans were when thornton and seguin got dealt

as for Toronto getting a bargain here... how likely is it that winnipegs front office will want to hand Toronto anything on a silver platter?

expect trouba to get dealt... but not to toronto
Were Avs fans ok with the Duchene trade? or Jets fans with the Kane trade?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Alex Nylander + Brendan Guhle + 2019 1st (either SJs or STLs whichever is a better pick. There are conditions that could make it a 2020 1st)

So essentially 3 high end young pieces for a player with only 2 years of guaranteed team control. Nylander and Guhle are on ELCs and project as top 6 forward and top 4 D respectively plus a first round pick. Don't let Nylanders AHL stats as an 18 and 19 year old fool you, he is still a high end prospect and a recent #8 pick. If the Sabres kept him in the O these last two seasons to go with his WJC scoring the last few tourneys he'd be thought of as an elite prospect because of junior points. But the Sabres actually want to develop him in the pros on a weak AHL team so that's why he has been a ~half ppg type player. Considering virtually everyone else his age isn't even allowed to play in the AHL his lack of high end AHL production as a teen is not fair because as stated if he was kept in the O these two years he'd have a 2+ ppg and would be fawned over by everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad