Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
@Hunter368 @WPG99

Do Winnipeg fans agree with this guy? I mean, I refuted every point he's made, with stats and context and everything he could ever ask for. Then, you add in age and contract...do Winnipeg fans actually think we are being homers for taking Kadri over Little?
Wpg fan, i would take Kadri every time. I would take him over the prime Little, too.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I would include Merkley in an offer for Trouba, but I don’t know that I would do Meier and Merkley. I also doubt Winnipeg would want Merkley.

Joakim Ryan would actually be a fantastic addition for Winnipeg, but trading him for Trouba provides an upgrade on the right side and an only slightly smaller downgrade on the left side.

Merkley is an interesting piece for sure, but yeah, Meier plus Merkley would probably be overpayment for Trouba, and even if San Jose wanted to give them up, there's a chance Merkley was on Winnipegs do not draft list (such a weird situation with that guy).

I'm too unfamiliar with Ryan to make a comment on his trade value or anything. All in all, I don't think San Jose and Winnipeg are the greatest trade partners in this situation.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Hey look it is the guy who thinks petan is the jets 3rd line center. Keep setting the bar for cluenessness.

Lol, when did I say that? I've just been hoping for years he could eventually take over for Little... Expectations for him were too high I guess.

Now I'm hoping Roslovic can do that sooner than later, because Little was a shadow of his former self last season, and dragged down every player he played with (especially in the playoffs).

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
What have you come up with?

It's pretty obvious you are trolling at this point. I can tell because you haven't made a single worthwhile argument other than an idiotic objective analysis. We all lose for having read that, but you lose more than anyone because you have to be the person who actually typed it out. To the depths of all of our ignore lists you go.
Seriously, not worth engaging with someone so blind! Their arse is sucking wind!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He doesn't have any say in where he goes for 2 years. So GMs will know they have @ least that many years of him with the chance of extending him in that time.
Who knows, his fiancee might flunk out of college turning the Florida thing moot.
& rumors are just that. Remember the rumor Trouba was asking for $8 million but in arbitration went high @ 7.
Yes ,he has no say! However ,what team takes a chance on giving up something good for a rental? I wouldn't put any faith in a rumor,but his value has to be taking a hit because of the situation.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Seriously, not worth engaging with someone so blind! Their arse is sucking wind!
Hey it's the guy that said Gardiner is way better trouba and skates circles around him. Where did you slink off to in that conversation. It was just getting interesting when you ran back to your troll cave. I take it you got tired of looking foolish.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Assuming Trouba would sign in FL for 6.5 per since no state tax will any other team want to surrender assets for anything other than a rental for him if his demand to all non FL teams starts at something like 7.5? If FL is his preferred landing spot doesn’t it just boil down to one of those teams offering the rental package plus a sweetener?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Yes ,he has no say! However ,what team takes a chance on giving up something good for a rental? I wouldn't put any faith in a rumor,but his value has to be taking a hit because of the situation.
his value ultimately takes a hitonly in regard to his value as a tradeable assethe's a 2 year rental. teams have no control beyond that so it makes little difference to any team regardless of who acquires him Winnipeg will try to convince other teams that there is a chance that he will negotiate to stay wherever he is traded to. but that is immaterial to his actual value.

at the level of performance trouba has demonstrated teams think twice about sacrificing the types of assets required, without having some level of certainty of retaining the player they receive. and realistically with trouba No Team could have ANY level of confifrnce of retaining him .in effect it makes the player virtually worthless as anything other than a strict rental at a substantially reduced rate of return.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
And who had harder competition in the past? This guy is basing his decisions based on past numbers.

18/19;
TOI% QoC - Kadri - 29.69
CF% QoC - Kadri - 50.33

TOI% QoC - Little - 28.95
CF% QoC - Little - 49.86

Do you have any stats to back up your claim? Because these seem to prove that you're wrong. Kadri has been typically used as shutdown guy for Babcock.

Fables

Apr 27, 2015
Wpg fan, i would take Kadri every time. I would take him over the prime Little, too.

Another Winnipeg fan who agrees that Kadri > Little now. Don't know about prime Little but that is moot point for the current trade proposals.

However I dont' think Kadri (or another forward) makes sense for Winnipeg as a centerpiece in a trade for Trouba.

But that's because I'm a big believer in Roslovic. I really like what he showed late last season and in the playoffs. I strongly believe that by half way through the next season Roslovic will be be Jets second line center by default. And he will be better than Litte and as good or better than any C Jets can expect to get in a Trouba trade.

So even I though I think Kadri + 1st would a fair offer for Trouba Jets should not take it as they need a defenceman as a centerpiece in a trade for him.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Assuming Trouba would sign in FL for 6.5 per since no state tax will any other team want to surrender assets for anything other than a rental for him if his demand to all non FL teams starts at something like 7.5? If FL is his preferred landing spot doesn’t it just boil down to one of those teams offering the rental package plus a sweetener?

This ^.
And bigger picture, he can eventually choose his destination.
While that could change, we believe his woman is comfy in FL with pursuit of medical studies. Those could transfer, and upon graduation, she may wish to go elsewhere.

But for the foreseeable future, it is FL only, with a lean to the Panthers.

Given that, no reason to try to force such a player elsewhere.

His positives outweigh negatives, but totality of circumstances, cost to acquire/maintain etc., is too much.

Rangers pass
Would prefer to go after McAvoy, or since he will be unavailable, the next McAvoy.

Reactions: My3Sons

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Trouba is quickly becoming the next Max Pac on HF. Fifty billion f***ing proposals everyday by fans vastly overrating and overvaluing him. He is a nightmare to sign and probably has his sights set on just 2 or 3 teams. No one is paying a huge price to rent Trouba unless you are Florida, Tampa, Detroit where he would extend.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Trouba is quickly becoming the next Max Pac on HF. Fifty billion ****ing proposals everyday by fans vastly overrating and overvaluing him. He is a nightmare to sign and probably has his sights set on just 2 or 3 teams. No one is paying a huge price to rent Trouba unless you are Florida, Tampa, Detroit where he would extend.

I don't think we can assume the list is only Florida or Detroit, but it is limited. And that limitation is going to limit the return for Trouba. Meaning WPG will just hold on to him this year unless someone meets their price. Late June of next year? Then it gets real interesting.

Reactions: 780il

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Trouba is quickly becoming the next Max Pac on HF. Fifty billion ****ing proposals everyday by fans vastly overrating and overvaluing him. He is a nightmare to sign and probably has his sights set on just 2 or 3 teams. No one is paying a huge price to rent Trouba unless you are Florida, Tampa, Detroit where he would extend.

Ok, is he vastly over rated as a young, mobile, mean top pairing RHD with some excellent metrics?

Is he over valued by Jets fans thinking he would command a substantial return in a trade?

Perhaps you are under valuing what a top pairing RHD will return in a trade?

Reactions: Snowman

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Yup. Jets only hope really is to deal him to one of these teams for a real return. Pretty sure his name would be on a 5.5x6 already if he was on a Florida team. No way of knowing though I guess

Reactions: 780il

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
They would never take that. I'll beat that rn:
Klefbom + Caggiula + 1st
For
Trouba + Appleton

An Edmonton 1st?

Nobody can beat that

I'll come up with a genuine offer and try not to offend Jets fans.

This actually hurts to type out.

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

And in the process you've managed to offend Leafs fans.

You're banished from the tribe.

giphy.gif

Reactions: therealkoho

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How do you "overrate" and "undervalue" at the same time?

IMO, he's an excellent player that any Team would love to have.

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Bruins don't necessarily need him, plus the pending contract but something centered around Carlo+ might be a decent starting package for the Jets, thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad