Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
According to Oilers fans, McDavid can make Neal a 30 goal/60 pts guy.....

Neal is basicaly a single digit scorer now. How much of Drai total is inflated by #97. Dont tell me its zero lol

We never said that. We think Neal can get 20+20 with McDavid, and those are the optimistic ones.

And we never said McDavid doesn't boost Drai's stats. If Drai played the entire season with McDavid at 5v5, he would get 119 points. If he played not a second of 5v5 time with McDavid, he would have 83 points. And that's with guys like Chiasson, Lucic, Rieder, not the wingers a #1 C should play with.

That's why I think, if he had good top-6 wingers, he could produce at a 100 point clip steadily.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We never said that. We think Neal can get 20+20 with McDavid, and those are the optimistic ones.

And we never said McDavid doesn't boost Drai's stats. If Drai played the entire season with McDavid at 5v5, he would get 119 points. If he played not a second of 5v5 time with McDavid, he would have 83 points. And that's with guys like Chiasson, Lucic, Rieder, not the wingers a #1 C should play with.

That's why I think, if he had good top-6 wingers, he could produce at a 100 point clip steadily.

Maybe you never said it but plenty of Oilers said it. Go check the trade thread.

Anyway I think Drai is a legit first line player but his point total is no doubt inflated by McDavid.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Philadelphia Flyers
Leon Draisaitl
Kris Russell

Edmonton Oilers
Jakub Voracek
Nolan Patrick
Travis Sanheim
Draisatl for Domi, Gallagher, Suzuki and a+?

Habs acquire one of the best power foward in the game (signed long time) without giving up to much center depth. We still have Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Danault. Losing Gallagher would obviously hurt, but you upgrade with Draisatl. Habs would still need to find a great RW.

Oilers lose the better player, but acquire incredibly good depth. Gallagher is a leader, he's still young, he's a 30 goal scorer and can play on either the first or second line. He plays 100% all time. Domi is a monster: he's a giant killer, and just put up a 72 point. Can play either center or on the wings. Oilers could use him to center the second line, and put RNH on the third line, where he should be. That would be a pretty good center depth right here. Suzuki is a blue chip prospect that can play either C or W. Could add a bit if necessary, with pick.

Who says no?

Everyone is too busy with the guy who is either braindead or pretending to be.

I wanted to say, I don't think the Oilers trade Draisaitl, nor should they. But these are credible, decently well thought out proposals. Don't see them all the time on these boards, kudos.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Maybe you never said it but plenty of Oilers said it. Go check the trade thread.

Anyway I think Drai is a legit first line player but his point total is no doubt inflated by McDavid.

Maybe McDavids is inflated by Draisaitl.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Draisaitl to Blackhawks

Patrick Kane, Kirby Dach to Edmonton.
Yeah I don't think Hawks fans will like this. Kane alone is worth Draisaitl (maybe more but Leon's contract, age and position make this alot closer IMO) and you add their top prospect on top of that yikes. I also just noticed that Kane quietly had a 110pts season damn.

Edit: Also just noticed you're a Hawks fan. Damn weird that you would entertain this deal ? Maybe I don't know something about Kane and Dach. What would make you want to do this trade ?

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

correct. If you take all his scoring rates without McDavid, he's a 40 point player. pretty simple math.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I don't think Hawks fans will like this. Kane alone is worth Draisaitl (maybe more but Leon's contract, age and position make this alot closer IMO) and you add their top prospect on top of that yikes. I also just noticed that Kane quietly had a 110pts season damn.

Edit: Also just noticed you're a Hawks fan. Damn weird that you would entertain this deal ? Maybe I don't know something about Kane and Dach. What would make you want to do this trade ?
If you think Kane alone is enough then, great, we have a deal. No take-backsies!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
If you think Kane alone is enough then, great, we have a deal. No take-backsies!
I haven’t watched the Hawks this year but to me it’s weird coming from a Hawks fan after Kane having a 110pts season while not playing with the best player in the world. Care to explain why you would easily do that in your case? Age, contract and position must be good arguments though.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Draisaitl for Pulock, Beauvillier, Holmstrom and Skarek.

The Isles get the best player but the Oilers get that 2nd top RHD to go with Larsson, a player who should slot in nicely with McDavid or RNH, our latest 1st round pick and one of our top goalie prospects.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Draisaitl for Pulock, Beauvillier, Holmstrom and Skarek.

The Isles get the best player but the Oilers get that 2nd top RHD to go with Larsson, a player who should slot in nicely with McDavid or RNH, our latest 1st round pick and one of our top goalie prospects.

Try Wahlstrom, Dobson and Wilde.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I haven’t watched the Hawks this year but to me it’s weird coming from a Hawks fan after Kane having a 110pts season while not playing with the best player in the world. Care to explain why you would easily do that in your case? Age, contract and position must be good arguments though.
Hawks' window has closed. That trade would accelerate a rebuild tremendously.

I would let Toews retire a Hawk. Mostly because his trade value isn't high enough to land a young franchise player like Draisaitl.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Try Wahlstrom, Dobson and Wilde.

Why would McDavid be happy with an all-futures trade?

Pulock is a 24-year old RHD that became our top defender this year, I think you are missing something here. And your posters here indicate they need more winger scoring than a 2nd defender in that proposal. Maybe you should check out the players offered a little more closely.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Why would McDavid be happy with an all-futures trade?

Pulock is a 24-year old RHD that became our top defender this year, I think you are missing something here. And your posters here indicate they need more winger scoring than a 2nd defender in that proposal. Maybe you should check out the players offered a little more closely.

They’re not going to trade Draisaitl for an established and older scorer. If he goes, it’s for futures. They’re in a bit of a cap crunch as it is and they’re going to not want to take much salary back in return, if any at all. Pulock will have to be paid in a year from now and will get a raise from the 2 million he’s making currently. Beauvillier needs to be paid right now, as he doesn’t have a deal. It’s not a good deal for Edmonton.

With that said about the forwards, they’d probably want Wahlstrom, Dobson and Bellows then. If you think you’re getting a 50 goal, 100 point C/W that’s 23 years old and making less than 9 million for the next 6 seasons by giving up only a defender a year away from RFA status, a current RFA without a deal, a goalie prospect and a 1st rounder that they went off the board with, then you need to come to the table with a better deal.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He's an old Sportsnet poster. Been around for decades.

Same shtick, same style, same name.

Just enjoy. He really does try.
Really?!?!?! Me?!?!?!?!

Thats hilarious. ive never posted on sportsnet. Hes an imposter!!! Orbif someone else has been posting with my name f9r "decades" i guess i am.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
No whatsoever sensible person argues that Drai is a 40 point player without McDavid, especially not after having been proven wrong multiple times. 14 points in 500 5v5 minutes corresponds to 34 points in 1200 minutes.

That's 5 on 5 right? I could see that, 40 something points there plus let's say 20 something points on the PP to make 65-70 pts. I would think making Draisaitl a 70pt Centre running his own line would be preferable to him riding shotgun on McDavid's Wing. Two very good top lines is preferable to one great 1st line and one garbage 2nd line. Much easier for an opposing team to jam up one line and then get to roll over 3 substandard lines. Anywho it's probably already too late to turn Draisaitl into an NHL Centre.

Draisatl for Domi, Gallagher, Suzuki and a+?

Who says no?

Me.

1. Suzuki is a tremendous prospect and has shown during the OHL playoffs that he is a gamer and a big moments player. His performance was eye opening to me, in multiple elimination matches HE was the difference maker.
2. Gallagher is the true heart and soul of Montreal. The plethora of young players the Habs have acquired all seem to look up to Gallagher, his drive and will shows others the way.
3. Domi has turned into a 70+ pts Centre on the Habs in his 1st real season at that position in the NHL. Remarkable.
4. Trade all that for a Winger? How many points do you think Draisaitl will score on the Habs without McDavid's sweet passes? How many points would he get as an unproven Centre on the Habs with Julien on his ass? This wouldn't be an Oilers-type of run and gun, fly by the seat of your pants type of offense. This would be a Julien type of team. Imagine a Drouin-type cooldown on Draisaitl's numbers.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
According to Oilers fans, McDavid can make Neal a 30 goal/60 pts guy.....

Neal is basicaly a single digit scorer now. How much of Drai total is inflated by #97. Dont tell me its zero lol

Neal has scored that pace for 10/11 seasons. So no he doesn’t need MCDavid to to that. He just needs a #1C who’s better than Monahan. Lucky that the Oilers have both Drai and McDavid who are vastly superior players as well as Nuge who is a better setup man than Monahan (he’s more of a goal scorer/net front guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad