Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No. I stated that as something that might help him.

As i said, too many factors to consider. Maybe he gets lots of time on a first line PP and still gets 25 points. Unlikely but possible.

Hes not a top performer though. Not without mcdavid. Maybe he struggles and gets 8 or 10.
If there are too many factors to consider why address it? I think you just can't defend yourself so you're grasping.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
If there are too many factors to consider why address it? I think you just can't defend yourself so you're grasping.
Ive defended myself fine. Two summers in a row oilers fans cant handle the truth.

We will be lookingvat this again next summer and it will probably still be true. He will still have 15 points in half a seasons work while not stapled to mcdavid.

Hes like the cheechoo that stayed on thorntons wing forever.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ive defended myself fine. Two summers in a row oilers fans cant handle the truth.

We will be lookingvat this again next summer and it will probably still be true. He will still have 15 points in half a seasons work while not stapled to mcdavid.

Hes like the cheechoo that stayed on thorntons wing forever.

Two summers in a row you have been proven false and have shown that you don't have the ability to do the math on stats accurately. You refuse to address the many holes in your arguments (if he isn't playing with McDavid, is he getting his points with bums or us he playing with actual NHL talent. Is he still getting the primary powerplay ice time? If not, why not? Why would you think he would get so few points if he still on the top powerplay unit.

Your final statement proves that you don't know jack. Cheechoo was a pure shooter until his knee injury made it so he couldn't get open. Draisaitl has so many dimensions to his game. Yiu obviously are under educated on this matter.

If you are so in love with stats, might I suggest baseball? You obviously don't know how to use hockey stats so maybe baseball stats will be easier.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Two summers in a row you have been proven false and have shown that you don't have the ability to do the math on stats accurately. You refuse to address the many holes in your arguments (if he isn't playing with McDavid, is he getting his points with bums or us he playing with actual NHL talent. Is he still getting the primary powerplay ice time? If not, why not? Why would you think he would get so few points if he still on the top powerplay unit.

Your final statement proves that you don't know jack. Cheechoo was a pure shooter until his knee injury made it so he couldn't get open. Draisaitl has so many dimensions to his game. Yiu obviously are under educated on this matter.

If you are so in love with stats, might I suggest baseball? You obviously don't know how to use hockey stats so maybe baseball stats will be easier.
Youre never going to be right until the oilers have 2 functioning lines and draisaitl drives one of them.

Its a problem that plagues your team and its because draisaitl cant do it himself. Mcdavid made patrick maroon score goals. If draisaitl cant carry a line hes a complementary player. The oilers need more than that to stop being a bottom feeder.

Reactions: viceroy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Youre never going to be right until the oilers have 2 functioning lines and draisaitl drives one of them.

Its a problem that plagues your team and its because draisaitl cant do it himself. Mcdavid made patrick maroon score goals. If draisaitl cant carry a line hes a complementary player. The oilers need more than that to stop being a bottom feeder.

Draisaitl produced at an 83 point pace this year if he was on his own line the entire time at 5 on 5.

Take the “drive a line” argument out back and shoot it in the f***ing head.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Draisaitl produced at an 83 point pace this year if he was on his own line the entire time at 5 on 5.

Take the “drive a line” argument out back and shoot it in the ****ing head.
And the time he was not atapled to mcdavid he produced at a 55 or 60 pont pace?

Plus his teammates were better without him.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
83 if he’d played the season without, 119 if he’d played the entire season with. You forget already, or are you just being tiresome?
Incorrect.

Ive already proven this.

Its blatantly clear. 14 points in 500 minutes. Thats really all that needs to be said. You dance all you want, nothing will change that.

1800 minutes over the last 3 years at ES. Just 60 points. Thats not just bad. Its monumentally bad.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Incorrect.

Ive already proven this.

Its blatantly clear. 14 points in 500 minutes. Thats really all that needs to be said. You dance all you want, nothing will change that.

1800 minutes over the last 3 years at ES. Just 60 points. Thats not just bad. Its monumentally bad.

It’s not. I showed you this. You’re wrong, have been proven wrong before, and are being proven wrong again. I don’t know what perverse pride you’re taking in being ignorant, but stubbornly clinging to a point a long way after it’s been conclusively proven to be false isn’t admirable at all.

Reactions: ivanlwan

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It’s not. I showed you this. You’re wrong, have been proven wrong before, and are being proven wrong again. I don’t know what perverse pride you’re taking in being ignorant, but stubbornly clinging to a point a long way after it’s been conclusively proven to be false isn’t admirable at all.
14 points. 500 minutes. Sad.

Andreas johnsson had 19 points in 450 minutes before landing on matthews line. He was on the third line.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Except that he can produce better when put in a similar situation.

He actually makes 2nd and 3rd lines better while deaisaitl drags them down.

That’s not how any of this works. Andreas Johnsson goes to bed at night wishing he had a thimbleful of Draisaitl’s talent.

Do you get some kind of weird joy out of being wrong and having entire fanbases dunk on you? Weird fetish bro.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
That’s not how any of this works. Andreas Johnsson goes to bed at night wishing he had a thimbleful of Draisaitl’s talent.

Do you get some kind of weird joy out of being wrong and having entire fanbases dunk on you? Weird fetish bro.
Andreas johnsson goes to bed thinking about the game the next night. Even in the playoffs.

Uoure right draisaitl doesnt have the same thoughts though.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Incorrect.

Ive already proven this.

Incorrect. Here's a post by @ChaoticOrange:

I got sick of the misconceptions around Draisaitl as a player, so I did a deep dive into last year. Buckle up, it's gonna get mathy.

FYI the guy I was talking with was using 1200 5 on 5 minutes as baseline for a top line player.

Draisaitl played 805.37 minutes at 5 on 5 with McDavid, 500.25 without. Not 600. (according to NaturalStatTrick)

In his 805.37 with McDavid, Draisaitl scored 21 goals and 24 assists for 45 points. We know Draisaitl scored 59 points at 5 on 5, Draisaitl actually only scored 14 points at 5 on 5 without McDavid. Ruh Roh!

14 5 on 5 points in 500 minutes of ice time equates to .028 points per minute. If we use the average of 1200 minutes, that actually leaves us with 34 5 on 5 points over the season - based only on your average, ignoring the fact that Draisaitl played more than that.

34 5 on 5 points + 29 powerplay points + 14 other situations points (tabulated as 73 even strength points - 59 5 on 5 points leaving us with what I'll call non 5 on 5 even strength points) +3 shorthanded points leaves us with *drumroll please*

an 80 point player.

An 80 point player that didn't score a single empty net goal all season long, and didn't see a single minute of 5 on 5 ice time with McDavid, and largely suited up with the likes of Lucic, Chiasson, Rieder, and Puljujarvi. It's even more fun if we use the actual 1305.62 he played instead of silly hypotheticals - .028 points per minute X 1305.62 = 36.55(37) 5 on 5 points, giving us an 83 point player.

By the way, what this little endeavour in fun math also proves is if Draisaitl had played every minute of 5 on 5 icetime with McDavid, he would have scored 67 5 on 5 points, which means using the same 1200 minute average you were using, Draisaitl would have scored 113 points. If we use the actual icetime he played at 5 on 5 (1305.62) and assume he played all of it with McDavid, he would have had 73 5 on 5 points, which means he would have scored 119 points.

So, what we've learned, is if Draisaitl played every second of his 1305.62 of 5 on 5 ice time with McDavid, he'd have been a 119 point player. If he didn't play with him at all, he'd be an 83 point player. Is there a McBump? Yes. Is Draisaitl still really good? Yes.

So if he didn't play a second of 5v5 with McDavid, he would finish with 83 points. 119 if he played with McDavid for the entire season. So yes, there's a boost from playing with McDavid. But it's also the fact that when he doesn't, he plays with AHL quality wingers. So it's safe to say, imo, that if he plays with 2 top-6 wingers, he can stay a 100 point player.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Incorrect. Here's a post by @ChaoticOrange:

So if he didn't play a second of 5v5 with McDavid, he would finish with 83 points. 119 if he played with McDavid for the entire season. So yes, there's a boost from playing with McDavid. But it's also the fact that when he doesn't, he plays with AHL quality wingers. So it's safe to say, imo, that if he plays with 2 top-6 wingers, he can stay a 100 point player.
And if he doesnt have mcdavid at all, 40 or so points. Unless he got better wingers, 55 or 60 points. Its been proven.

You guys can try this all day. Nothing is going to change 500 minutes, 14 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad