Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Patrick Kane is hands down the most underrated player in the league AINEC. He's simply the best winger in the game and no one gives him respect.
Indeed. People simply forget how good it is. But hey you know how people around here see a 30 year old player.
AC1794B5-EFD7-4100-8ACB-0A987EB8B2E5.jpeg

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not for Draisaitl, no. Although I love McAvoy and would have him on the Oilers in a heartbeat. It would take a player like Jones to break up the best duo in hockey.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. McAvoy is really good but that doesn't get it done, or make me think overly hard about it.

Legit Norris level prime aged #1 defenceman with term, or don't even bother.

That Habs offer of Domi+Gallagher+Suzuki+ would get me thinking, and the Dallas offer with Klingberg wasn't bad, but other than that...

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I got Ovi there but those 2 are pretty good
I was gonna add that some people have ovie Haha but that's mostly if you value goal scoring plus his career / legacy imo.

Just like some people have Crosby at top forward I guess but ovechkins points fell a bit more so I have him somewhere top 5 but not where he was.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I was gonna add that some people have ovie Haha but that's mostly if you value goal scoring plus his career / legacy imo.

Just like some people have Crosby at top forward I guess but ovechkins points fell a bit more so I have him somewhere top 5 but not where he was.
I was talking wingers. I put Crosby ahead of Ovi as a forward

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe you never said it but plenty of Oilers said it. Go check the trade thread.

Anyway I think Drai is a legit first line player but his point total is no doubt inflated by McDavid.

Which has always been the case with the better players in the game.

Neal’s got the hands and the shot. Why couldn’t he get 20 if he’s still got the boots to get there. I could care less if he throws one body check. We’ll leave that to the Lucic’s of the league.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Draisaitl to Blackhawks

Patrick Kane, Kirby Dach to Edmonton.

I just threw up all over my phone.

Why would the Hawks do Kane for Draisaitl straight up right now? Clearly management is going for it again. Kane is a better player right now... by a lot. Kane is right there with Kucherov for best winger in the game.

Then you want to add our #3 overall top prospect, too?

You should be ashamed if you really are a Hawks fan.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014

Why would the Hawks do Kane for Draisaitl straight up right now? Clearly management is going for it again. Kane is a better player right now... by a lot. Kane is right there with Kucherov for best winger in the game.

I guess I just don't value Kane as an important piece in the future.

Hawks' window is closed and they can't compete for years from now. Kane is just being wasted anyway.

I would hate to have to trade him 3,4,5 years from now. His value goes down rapidly with age. He just came off a 110pt season. Probably the last summer trading him will net you a franchise player in return. Or maybe next summer? But it's close anyway.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I guess I just don't value Kane as an important piece in the future.

Hawks' window is closed and they can't compete for years from now. Kane is just being wasted anyway.

I would hate to have to trade him 3,4,5 years from now. His value goes down rapidly with age. He just came off a 110pt season. Probably the last summer trading him will net you a franchise player in return. Or maybe next summer? But it's close anyway.

Retools happen quick with a competent GM at the helm, you already got the lottery luck, anymore luck or just plain good moves & Those 3,4,5 years that you want to trade him, are actually gonna be your new window. Oilers would never trade draisaitl for those two pieces anyways

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Past glory really blinds people.

No Kane is not a lot better then Draisaitl.

Draisaitl is every bit as good as Kane now. Except bigger.

Both easily top 10 players in this league.

Draisaitl is getting way too underrated in these boards.

I have seen ratings where some people dont even have him In the top 25.

Homer much people ?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Homer much people ?

This is such a wonderful post. You, an Oilers fans, are trying to support an Oilers player by asserting that we, the rest of HF, are not sufficiently recognizing his brilliance. And the reason for our collective derangement? Homerism.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

Homer much people ?

“Past glory” lol Kane put up 5 more points THIS PAST SEASON than Draisaitl who plays with Connor f***ing Mcdavid.

When homers talk about homerism... yikes.

Reactions: HugginThePost

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
“Past glory” lol Kane put up 5 more points THIS PAST SEASON than Draisaitl who plays with Connor ****ing Mcdavid.

When homers talk about homerism... yikes.

Kane is one of the top wingers in the game today. No question.

You had a solid argument until you threw in the "with Connor McDavid" part. It isn't like Kane played with scrubs.

That is the narrative that drives Oiler fans nuts. Like Draisaitl would be nothing without McDavid.

Anyway, Kane is a better winger. Top 3 in the game for my money.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't trade a 23 year old Draisaitl entering his prime for a 31 in November Patrick Kane. I sincerely doubt anyone in the same position would do that. The bottom can fall out quick. Look how bad James Neal was last year and how quickly Malkin fell out of the elite. Any Hawks fan that thinks this is a deal Edmonton would or should consider should sincerely re-think our POV here.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Kane is one of the top wingers in the game today. No question.

You had a solid argument until you threw in the "with Connor McDavid" part. It isn't like Kane played with scrubs.

That is the narrative that drives Oiler fans nuts. Like Draisaitl would be nothing without McDavid.

Anyway, Kane is a better winger. Top 3 in the game for my money.

Kane played with a 3rd/4th liner (who helped Toews by grinding and letting him play a skill game) and Toews.

I’m not saying Draisaitl is bad or even that he only puts up points because of McDavid but I find it really difficult to argue that any player helps his linemate score more than McDavid because he is the best player in the game... so with that understanding, Kane outscored Draisaitl this past year by 5 points with less help getting said points (the amount of help can be debated, but not that Draisaitl had more).

So again saying that Kane is washed and his hype is a glory days narrative or whatever that poster is insinuating is just ridiculous and the Hawks shouldn’t even trade them 1for1 right now while management seems to be going for it with their core again.

I think Draisaitl is incredible if that matters.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Don't be ridiculous. If you could trade a pushing 31 year old winger for a 23 year old superstar in his own right you'd do it without blinking.

Whether or not you'd want to add Dach is more of a talking point but Kane for Draisaitl is an easy yes and an easy win for the Hawks. Edmonton doesn't even consider something like that unless they're huge believers that Dach will be Draisaitl Lite, which as a WHL viewer, I'm not. Its an imperfect comparison but I think on a scale of Bjugstad to Draisaitl, he's more on the Bjugstad side.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Kane played with a 3rd/4th liner (who helped Toews by grinding and letting him play a skill game) and Toews.

I’m not saying Draisaitl is bad or even that he only puts up points because of McDavid but I find it really difficult to argue that any player helps his linemate score more than McDavid because he is the best player in the game... so with that understanding, Kane outscored Draisaitl this past year by 5 points with less help getting said points (the amount of help can be debated, but not that Draisaitl had more).

So again saying that Kane is washed and his hype is a glory days narrative or whatever that poster is insinuating is just ridiculous and the Hawks shouldn’t even trade them 1for1 right now while management seems to be going for it with their core again.

I think Draisaitl is incredible if that matters.

Kane is country miles better than Draisaitl. He's an elite, player - he'll score no matter who you play him with. Draisaitl's production goes to near zero without McDavid.

They're not even in the same conversation. Kane is top 3 or 4 winger in the NHL, Draisaitl doesn't make the top 20.

Reactions: wahsnairb

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pretty much my thoughts on it. McAvoy is really good but that doesn't get it done, or make me think overly hard about it.

Legit Norris level prime aged #1 defenceman with term, or don't even bother.

That Habs offer of Domi+Gallagher+Suzuki+ would get me thinking, and the Dallas offer with Klingberg wasn't bad, but other than that...

I totally understand your first two paragraphs.

But then you followed with the last paragraph.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I totally understand your first two paragraphs.

But then you followed with the last paragraph.

The Habs offer doesn't meet that need, true, but they're at least offering value and things we need, not random grab bags of futures consisting of a team's 3rd best prospect ++.

Klingberg is a low end 1D, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille