Post-Game Talk: Leafs win (barely) 3-2

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Even if the core plays @ 50% capacity we are going to remain 3rd in the division. There's zero benefit to crushing this section of the season since we're not fighting for a wild card spot. Don't expect these guys to dominate the ice consistently for these remaining games. Their skill alone should still pile up points and get close to that 100 point mark.

I would find it completely stupid if matthews marner nylander went all-out moving forward. Save it for round 1. We are literally in the super watered down snooze fest post-trade deadline fraction of the season for a top 3 Atlantic team.

If you can't understand this, it's on you. Quit your annoying complaining about the core not being good enough because they didn't stomp a lottery team in a useless game,

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Even if the core plays @ 50% capacity we are going to remain 3rd in the division. There's zero benefit to crushing this section of the season since we're not fighting for a wild card spot. Don't expect these guys to dominate the ice consistently for these remaining games. Their skill alone should still pile up points and get close to that 100 point mark.

I would find it completely stupid if matthews marner nylander went all-out moving forward. Save it for round 1. We are literally in the super watered down snooze fest post-trade deadline fraction of the season for a top 3 Atlantic team.

If you can't understand this, it's on you. Quit your annoying complaining about the core not being good enough because they didn't stomp a lottery team in a useless game,
This would make sense if they showed up for the playoffs.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
This would make sense if they showed up for the playoffs.
Are you saying you want them to go all out and waste valuable energy as punishment for past failures? If not, then you should have zero problems with what I said. I don't care about who didn't show up in the past. I care about what can be achieved this season

Teams are catching on (or at least the players) to the modern day watered down league. There is ZERO benefit for the cores of a top 3 Atlantic or top 2 Metro team to put much effort into this remaining stretch of the season.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I do find it odd that people are concerned, for example, over Marner playoff burnout but at the same time would also call him a scrub if he decided to coast and preserve himself from here on out.

^^ This guy is onto something. Especially when you consider our 1st round, 2nd round and ECF are all ECFs

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I do find it odd that people are concerned, for example, over Marner playoff burnout but at the same time would also call him a scrub if he decided to coast and preserve himself from here on out.

^^ This guy is onto something. Especially when you consider our 1st round, 2nd round and ECF are all ECFs
Have to adapt to the garbage playoff format. You can't win the Atlantic (*Eastern conference) if your best players play the last 1/4 of the season like it's the playoffs or like they're fighting to get a spot.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Have to adapt to the garbage playoff format. You can't win the Atlantic (*Eastern conference) if your best players play the last 1/4 of the season like it's the playoffs or like they're fighting to get a spot.
Tkachuks injury was so bad by the time they faced Vegas that if it got any more worse he'd have to consider retirement. Tkachuk has become the poster boy for playoff skill + truculence so this is insanely relevant.

It's not just the East. Need to make sure you can finish off the scrub west team in the end too.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
pointless game that teaches us nothing about how we'll fair vs boston

regular season is way WAY too long. start the playoffs already.

62 games is more than enough

just tiring players out at this point. pointless, pointless game.
I’m pretty the last 7 games against Boston especially the last 2 showed us how we will fair against Boston.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Tkachuks injury was so bad by the time they faced Vegas that if it got any more worse he'd have to consider retirement. Tkachuk has become the poster boy for playoff skill + truculence so this is insanely relevant.

It's not just the East. Need to make sure you can finish off the scrub west team in the end too.
Florida is a very good example because they had to go beast mode to qualify. If their regular season went smoother and Tkachuk was able to coast in that last 1/4, Florida would be your 22/23 cup champs.

Who knows how many series we threw away just because we played Marner 24+ a night 24/7 365 days a year

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's hard to figure out the Leafs right now.

I don't know who is still battling this seemingly never ending flu.

Matthews and company were scorching hot, and have cooled considerably, but that never seems to last too long so they will bounce back soon.

This week seemed to suck, although I didn't catch a game so I can only rely on what others are saying. 2-2 isn't great, but it still is now 15-5 in the past 20 which is excellent.

Hopefully the 5 days off allows everyone to get healthy and they come back Thu ready to go!

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Ugly win, whatever is up with this team I hope it gets better or fixed by Thursday this whole week has been ugly. I thought Edmundson played well, doesn’t help though having Lilejgren as a partner running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He looks steady with the puck, makes some good reads, stays calm and made some nice outlet passes to get away from forecheck pressure.

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011

I remember a few years ago, Keefe was on the core 4's assess for their shit effort in the latter 1/3 of the season, and the core 4 said to "get off our assess; we'll bring it in the playoffs", then got demolished in the first round.

So honestly, it's hard for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I didn’t think Keefe was allowed to criticize the young guns……..
They are all veteran money makers
Nylander hasn't been good since freidman told the world that tre looked at trade options before signing the extension

Reactions: rumman

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I remember a few years ago, Keefe was on the core 4's assess for their shit effort in the latter 1/3 of the season, and the core 4 said to "get off our assess; we'll bring it in the playoffs", then got demolished in the first round.

So honestly, it's hard for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I like Keefe being honest. And also tre.the core has to play like the highest paid hockey players on the planet ..
Or we just wait and try to bring mcjesus home and get on with our lives

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Team is definitely in a funk. There doesn't seem to be a lot of energy, no oomph. They are playing way too slow. Opposition is on every leaf with the puck immediately forcing them to make plays or turn overs. Our decision making is slow too, they can't make quick plays. Our D-zone, yikes. We can't clear a puck if our life depended on it. 3-4 efforts every exit. We need a new philosophy there. They continue to give too much space at the blue line, the gap is too great. The opposition can stand there and take bombs. Our guys get wrecked when it hits them or the puck ricochets all over the place and into the net with screened goalies.Why this team doesn't aggressively attack the point men is a mystery. Terrible team philosophy and it will bite them with the better teams and even mediocre ones . Even the poorer teams are having success . I realize it's a long season so give some of the depth more ice time and don't over burden the stars.
Knies much better lower in the line up. Sammy much better too. The bottom lines carrying us is good cause the stars look gassed.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

If the big guys don't want to play, it affects the little guys and insults fans paying large $ to watch.
Keefe should cut AM and crew to 12 min per game and give ice to guys who respect the sweater.

Reactions: myleafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad