Post-Game Talk: Leafs win (barely) 3-2

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Hopefully, the flu bug runs through the Leafs in March and the rest of the league in April and May.
😎

Seriously though; why are we the only team that's getting the flu? I'm not hearing about much from other teams, if it all.

I’m buying the flu thing, team looks absolutely terrible

Not their normal terrible, this is an uncharacteristic terribleness

Yeah, I can give them some leeway if they're all generally sick. It really has been a brutal year as even where I work on the west coast, we've been running shorthanded from sickness for about 4 months.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
As bad as we are looking in the games these last 4 but at least we are now in a comfortable 3rd spot in the division for a playoff spot unlike Tampa and Detroit who are now both fighting with the Islanders and Capitals for the 2 wild card spots.

Reactions: wingman75

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Basically, a league average goalie becomes nigh unbeatable with this team?

Hmm...

Interestingly enough, I think league average is like .903 or .904 this season.

After his monster stretch it looks like Sammy finally caught up to Korpisalo. That's how bad early season Sammy was.... Yikes.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This 4 day break could not have come at a better time. Team is clearly sick and lethargic or whatever

Would this same thread be titled Barely lost had the leaf's lost 3-2?

Some fans never happy, watch your blood pressure
yeah considering the all the Canadian teams play like its game 7 of the playoffs against us, you take any win however you can

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’m buying the flu thing, team looks absolutely terrible

Not their normal terrible, this is an uncharacteristic terribleness
You’re not wrong. And there are so many different flus and bugs going around. At least they get a four day break to get better.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Whelmed by the game but I f*cking hate losing to Montreal so I will take it every day of the week and twice on Saturday.

Happy for McMann and Tavares, hopefully Samsonov is getting it together at the right time.

Keefe can’t put a lineup together if his life depended on it and he’s ruining Liljegren in the process.

….. and Marner was completely invisible….:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and Rude Dog

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Leafs won in spite of Keefe’s awful line up decisions.

Like.. just awful. Worst I've seen from him. The only thing that worked was Knies-McMann who had some chemistry but sticking an offensive black hole in Kampf between them.. Oof.
Yeah, Keefe's lineup decisions continue to baffle me. And his knee-jerk tendency to switch back to combinations that worked years ago... Even if he's tried them multiple times this year and shown they don't anymore.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It's an 82-game season

Take the 2 points

Not all of them are gonna be pretty

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I'm pretty sure start time was public knowledge.

This isn't PeeWee hockey. These guys are professionals. An NHL player should know enough to be ready to bust their ass every shift.

These guys start every game with the enthusiasm of a sullen teenager going in to flip burgers.

Even my useless turd of a kid can drag his sorry ass in to work every day on time. He earns a lot less money than these pampered millionaire athletes. He's got some back breaking job doing landscaping.

These guys chase a puck around the ice for a living.

It's hard work too I'm sure. And they're compensated more than adequately for their efforts. But let's face it, in the grand scheme of things, these guys play a game for a living.

Considering how much they get paid to do so you'd think they'd at least be ready for the puck to drop.

Reactions: Al14 and TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad