Post-Game Talk: Leafs win (barely) 3-2

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs won in spite of Keefe’s awful line up decisions.

Like.. just awful. Worst I've seen from him. The only thing that worked was Knies-McMann who had some chemistry but sticking an offensive black hole in Kampf between them.. Oof.

Sammy's on a nice run though. Slowly redeeming himself from earlier this year.

Also happy JT got some puck luck on the winner. Tough season for him.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Coming off a very disappointing week and having an opportunity to gain some confidence by putting together a convincing win against a weak opponent, the "coach" decides to ice 4 new lines.

He's got 5 days off after this game to try some new combinations in practice and let the guys get used to each other, but no, he pulls the trigger on the change against Montreal, on a Saturday Night HNIC game, with nothing but a morning skate.

Lo and behold, they look lost most of the night and barely fluke out a win.

Please put us out of our misery and get rid of this pretender.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
How much does the Leafs PR Dept.. pay per post? Whatever it is they aren't getting their money's worth. You're so transparent.

And on that note, I bid you adieu.

Yeah, whatever would happen to your User Name if you allowed yourself some happiness and actually enjoy that the Leafs are an elite team with generational players who you have the pleasure of seeing their skills on display all year long.

Chronic negativity is a way of life for some even when facts don't warrant that.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Good game by the Knies line. Samsonov was very good. Edmundson surely is a big body. Nylander had some jump.

This defence is going to cave against the heavy forecheck of the Bruins or Panthers. I don’t like the defensive structure on the PK. Bertuzzi had a terrible game, he doesn’t fit on a top line.

Another no-show by Matthews. It’s not just a lack of jump, but he’s flubbing shots.

I strongly believe a coaching change is necessary.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Leafs won in spite of Keefe’s awful line up decisions.

Like.. just awful. Worst I've seen from him. The only thing that worked was Knies-McMann who had some chemistry but sticking an offensive black hole in Kampf between them.. Oof.

Sammy's on a nice run though. Slowly redeeming himself from earlier this year.

Also happy JT got some puck luck on the winner. Tough season for him.
Definitely the worst lineup I’ve seen from Keefe.

I’ve been mentioning a line of Knies - Tavares - McMann for quite some time. It was really nice to see Knies and McMann have some good chemistry tonight. It would also get Knies away from the top line which he is not ready yet to do.

Reaves is pretty useless. Wouldn’t mind seeing a fourth line of Dewar - Kampf - Holmberg also.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Another no-show by Matthews. It’s not just a lack of jump, but he’s flubbing shots.
I don't think it's anything more than a guy going through a cold streak. Happened earlier in the season, as well. Best thing you can say about it is get it out of the way before mid-April. He'll bounce back with another hot streak soon enough.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Gotta give credit to Domi. He was money all game long

8iobr1.jpg

I'm entertained...:sarcasm:

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
What. A. Game!
As I've said all year long, elite teams find a way to win. Another relatively late goal by one of the Core 4.
Then we beat adversity with huge PK to seal the deal and get the W.
Too bad Auston didn't get the Empty Netter to add to his legendary season, but this team is about rising to the occasion.

Great victory. Didn't use Marner's absence as an excuse. Coaching staff came prepared and get the job done.
Hahahaha wtf is this account

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I'm not opposed to 11-7 if it means Reeves out and Benoit in. Makes the forwards play for their jobs and we still stay reasonably tough with Benoit in.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Playoffs are the only thing that matters.

When you’re playing meaningless game against a league bottom feeder in the middle of March it’s understandable that they wouldn’t have off-the-charts intensity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad