Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Ducks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
it's funny - if babs could just let martin go and put kappy in then he would have 12 forwards who could legit play on any line and he'd open up a world of options to himself.
Kap-bozak-marner is miles better than martin-bozak-marner

Honestly, kap and marner could be something. Speedy, fiesty, skilled. You can plug kap with anyone, but marner could be part of a dynamic duo. Jvr and bozak are not it for him.

Even brown or leivo could complement marner. Marner is what jvr and bozak need, but they are not even close to what he needs.

The younger, faster skill guys like kap, leivo or brown could be really good for him. Atleast we should try it out.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Again people need to do more research, Bozak line is MONEY on the PP. that is why Matthews line doesn't start the PP's. The one thing you cannot harp the Bozak line on is that they make teams pay on the PP. the Matthews line has not been as effective this season on the PP.

Sorry Bozak is not a difference maker on the PP. He is a passenger but to his credit he has been effective but willing to bet Matthews would prosper more if he got more PP time and was on the PP with Kadri, Nylander, JVR and Rielly.

Reactions: supermann_98

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I wanted Bozak benched but I can definitely live with these lines.

Polak is not a full time player and is justifiably sitting after a terrible game, although I think I appreciate his game much more than most of you all. Other than Polak we have only Borgman on the D line who provides some physicality, otherwise we’re quick and skilled but a bunch of toothless tigers

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
#34 is the Leafs identity Randy, you basketball eatin' walrus arsed cheeseburger depot.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
it's funny - if babs could just let martin go and put kappy in then he would have 12 forwards who could legit play on any line and he'd open up a world of options to himself.

I know right, Martin is useless in today's hockey. Would rather trade/waive him and take a 2.5m chance on Strome from EDM. He fights sometimes. That or just play what we have. Trading Bozak blah blah same old.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I proposed that 4rd line a week or two ago, I like the potential for scoring and it gives Marner and Bozak a chance to surprise a few teams, while playing less minutes, that's a pretty balanced lineup, also the defense is better balaced and may help Gardiner's game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I proposed that 4rd line a week or two ago, I like the potential for scoring and it gives Marner and Bozak a chance to surprise a few teams, while playing less minutes, that's a pretty balanced lineup, also the defense is better balaced and may help Gardiner's game.

At worst it may provide confidence boost (hopefully) to the entire 4th line

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
No Getzlaf for the Ducks. Their center depth continues to be depleted.

The lines are good. I'd prefer not having Martin there, and I'd be curious to see:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Marleau - Marner
Kapanen - Bozak - Komarov

We're on the road anyway, so striving for a match up line might be worth less than making sure no line is particularly susceptible to bad match ups. I think JVR's problems could be covered by a center like Kadri, and that third line look potentially lethal.
These are the exact lines I want. Except in the situation I wanted bozak traded and off the team with komo playing 4th line center and Johnsson called up. Still really want to see that third line. Think it could be amazing together and play like a too line. Marner+Leivo combo is gonna be good in the future if we are smart enough to keep Leivo around.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The new line up is clearly an example of pressure being applied by ownership to try and boost interest, and therefore ratings, for a late starting West Coast game.

Right Pookie ?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
bozak and marner back together is a little scary when matt martin is the defensive forward on their line.

True, but at the very least, they should still be able to overmatch the 4th line on other teams.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
am I the only one who doesn't want Martin out of the lineup?

the guy does exactly whats expected of him, he keeps the flies off and holds the other teams accountable.

Reactions: ThewThew

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Nice lines! Even if they don’t stick we need a shakeup. I like the personnel choices.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Or how bout there is no real 4th line with how those lines are put together...much of that lineup (on paper) is one of the top ones in the league (again on paper speaking of the forwards only).

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

the guy does exactly whats expected of him, he keeps the flies off and holds the other teams accountable.

I'd prefer a better hockey player like Kapanen if Bozak and Marner are on the 4th line, especially one who's solid defensively but it's not the worst 4th line as constructed

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
True, but at the very least, they should still be able to overmatch the 4th line on other teams.
4th lines rarely see each other..

I honestly don’t mind him where he is but can understand some others arguments.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
lmao a day ago JVR was the scapegoat, today it's Bozak. Leafs board never fails to amaze me ahahahaha. Wonder who it will be tomorrow?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad