Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Ducks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

Hopefully practice lines prevail or something at least close to it. Yes, had enough of Marner on the 4th line already. Hopefully it's a good game but regardless i'll be sawin' logs.

Edit: Oh hey! Polak 7th D too. I like!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Let's pray that Marleau can handle the C spot, at least in relatively sheltered 3rd line usage. because bozak permanently demoted would be a beautiful thing.

nice to see Leivo get a look above the 4th line, too. He deserves a real shot.

and unfortunately Jake deserves the demotion (and may just not be able to handle top pairing duty), and Borgman may just thrive with a better partner.

I would guess that borgs-zaits is the 2nd pairing there, and jake/carrick the 3rd pair.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Even though Kappy and Moore not in I am relatively speaking content that at least coaching staff is trying different things.

And one again no more Bozak-JVR combo

Hallelujahhhhhh!!!!!!!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like these lines a lot actually
Ducks are a big challenge but I really hope we can win this win to demonstrate that leivo should be in the lineup

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
LEEEEEEEEEIVOOOOOO f*** YEAH BABCOCK!!!

I like it. 2 3rd lines instead of a 3rd and 4th.

Edit: POLAK SCRATCHED TOO? Weeeeeeeee

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Love the line combos Babs.

If only we could find a way to get Martin out of the lineup, and Marner into the Top-9.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Maple Leafs lineup today at practice and projected for tomorrow:
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Komarov-Kadri-Leivo
JVR-Marleau-Brown
Martin-Bozak-Marner
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Carrick
Borgman-Zaitsev
Frederik Andersen will start in goal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can't even decide what I'm more pumped about. Leivo getting in or Polak getting out. I think it may be Polak given it wasn't Martin that Leivo got in for but a Marleau to center to shift Bozak down and Moore(who's also been awful) out move. Polak has been bad and he was HORRID last night so it's about time they get him out of there. As much as I'm probably Leivo's biggest fan something had to be done about Polak.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
No Getzlaf for the Ducks. Their center depth continues to be depleted.

The lines are good. I'd prefer not having Martin there, and I'd be curious to see:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Marleau - Marner
Kapanen - Bozak - Komarov

We're on the road anyway, so striving for a match up line might be worth less than making sure no line is particularly susceptible to bad match ups. I think JVR's problems could be covered by a center like Kadri, and that third line look potentially lethal.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Changes look good, but can we PLEASE for the love of god get Marner away from Bozak????

Komarov - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Marleau - Marner or JVR - Marleau - Marner
Martin - Bozak - Leivo/JVR

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Komarov should be flipped with Marner. But hey, at least Bozak is demoted and Polak is out. Enough of Polak already, he's a damn tire fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad