Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Ducks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
All these people on message boards seem to have all the answers, and the guys in the locker room and on the ice with him know nothing, and must be clueless. His teammates love him out there. Are they missing something, or....?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
All these people on message boards seem to have all the answers, and the guys in the locker room and on the ice with him know nothing, and must be clueless. His teammates love him out there. Are they missing something, or....?
I think the team loves winning hockey games more

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It was YOU started the insults by mentioning my user name when it had nothing to do with the discussion. I never said there was anything wrong with having a beard, just that I bet you had one. For somebody who likes to act like some big grown up, you really come off as a sensitive child. You can dish it out but you sure can’t take it. For further reference, since you don’t seem very self aware, attack the post, not the poster. I accept your apology.

Apologies have to be deserved. I can take an insult, but you'd probably do well to devise one that comes in above the level of the kids that knocked on doors tonight.

"Pickle rick" is an awful meme. Sue me?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Blind love? Lol.

He's literally done his job better than other guys have done their's this season. Your blind hate of anyone who doesn't put up points exposes your childish ability to understand roles and how teams are built/function.

But... go on.

:laugh: I was taking a shot at others who are trying to "protect" someone by blaming martin...... that said; kappy>martin regardless

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He's certainly more skilled. He and Martin played well together last playoff, though

Martin has never been a defensive dynamo; so I don't know what people expect of him. I don't mind Martin playing, especially against tough guys; given we have Matthews, Willy and Marner to keep em safe.

New NHL is full of rats: slew foots; hacking, boarding, spearing and what not and the f***ing league doesn't do anything about it; as far as I am concerned Martin has to play every game when there are A-holes in opposition; but I wouldn't mind seeing kappy in for Martin for a few games heck I wouldn't mind seeing Martin-Moore-Kappy

Bozak can chillax in the pressbox.

I guess Moore is scratched because he took an undisciplined penalty and they scored; but quite frankly its a bunch of BS;

Moore was playing his ass off; then got boarded face first refs didn't do anything; then moore basically dumped the guy in front of the net and got called for cross checking

meanwhile bozak was half-assing the entire game; but yes scratch moore lol yea ok

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Martin has never been a defensive dynamo; so I don't know what people expect of him. I don't mind Martin playing, especially against tough guys; given we have Matthews, Willy and Marner to keep em safe.

New NHL is full of rats: slew foots; hacking, boarding, spearing and what not and the ****ing league doesn't do anything about it; as far as I am concerned Martin has to play every game when there are A-holes in opposition; but I wouldn't mind seeing kappy in for Martin for a few games heck I wouldn't mind seeing Martin-Moore-Kappy

I agree. Every few games, or depending on matchups, I would adjust the lineup more than Babs does. For now, we have a good team dealing with some growing pains. They have to do this together. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
lol a trade between Anahiem and the leafs, not sure they have ever done such a transaction, jk, got me to thinking wonder if Anahiem would need such a player like Bozak

Carlyle is the coach there and familiar with how bozak plays; you think Carlyle will give his nod?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Carlyle is the coach there and familiar with how bozak plays; you think Carlyle will give his nod?
I honestly think the ducks and Carlyle could use a guy like bozie, the problem is our center depth is not at very good. all I know is I dislike Bozak, maybe he will come around but doubtful.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
This is a must win game boys. Gotta game around 34 and 29 connecting for 1 on ES, 1 PPG and 1 gritty cycle goal from the marleau or kadri line to win this one. I don't see a shootout here.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
No Getzlaf for the Ducks. Their center depth continues to be depleted.

The lines are good. I'd prefer not having Martin there, and I'd be curious to see:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Marleau - Marner
Kapanen - Bozak - Komarov

We're on the road anyway, so striving for a match up line might be worth less than making sure no line is particularly susceptible to bad match ups. I think JVR's problems could be covered by a center like Kadri, and that third line look potentially lethal.
switch Kapanen with Hyman and that would be my ideal lineup......

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
Huge improvement. Only remaining changes I would like to see are Komarov switch lines with Marner and Martin be swapped for Kapanen.

EDIT: Oh, and then maybe Hyman switching lines with Kapanen.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I like how Babs is scratching/demoting deadweight on this team right now. Only problem I have is that he has Komarov on line 2. Him and Marner should switch.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I hope we don't face Ryan Miller on Wednesday night, as he was outstanding against Carolina the other day.
It will be Gibson, but he has been Vezina-level thus far this season. With all of our injuries we are giving up an absurd amount of shots each game but Gibson is the reason we are where we are.

Other than that, no Getzlaf, Kesler, Eaves, Fowler, Bieksa, and possibly Ritchie (he missed practice today). I think Vatanen will play, but not 100% sure. The point is, your depth trumps our current depth by 100 times. Our only chance is if our dmen play the shutdown style they are capable of, and of course Gibson playing how he was been playing.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I like the changes:

Bozak deserved pressbox time with how he's competed all year. It's disheartening because he was a long-term member of this team but the league is getting better/more competitive every year and he hasn't shown he's a NHL caliber top 9 player this year. Just way too many hungry/competitive players in the league today + teams know the M.O on him (just play him a bit heavier and easy to out-compete).

I'm still not a fan of Marner's usage. Don't think it accomplishes much. I've seen Leivo at the LW in the past, I would have liked Marner on the right side. Just don't think it's optimal usage of Marner still. Bozak is a possession black-hole. And Martin isn't much of anything......give Marner some linemates that can actually compete on the puck and be at least a bit useful in scoring situations.

Either way, I'm content at this

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
This is a must win game boys. Gotta game around 34 and 29 connecting for 1 on ES, 1 PPG and 1 gritty cycle goal from the marleau or kadri line to win this one. I don't see a shootout here.
I don't think so.

Wheher they lose 3, 4, 5 or 6 in a row this early in the season isn't huge.

If and when they find their game is the biggest thing.

This string of losses could be the impetus to do that.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm happy and surprised at the same time to see these line-up changes.
I like this too.

Time to shake things up before Blue and White Disease sets in. I think there some complacency and a lack of urgency in parts of the room when the roster is a little too settled and secure.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

New NHL is full of rats: slew foots; hacking, boarding, spearing and what not and the ****ing league doesn't do anything about it; as far as I am concerned Martin has to play every game when there are A-holes in opposition; but I wouldn't mind seeing kappy in for Martin for a few games heck I wouldn't mind seeing Martin-Moore-Kappy

I guess Moore is scratched because he took an undisciplined penalty and they scored; but quite frankly its a bunch of BS;

Moore was playing his ass off; then got boarded face first refs didn't do anything; then moore basically dumped the guy in front of the net and got called for cross checking

meanwhile bozak was half-assing the entire game; but yes scratch moore lol yea ok
Moore in combination with shitty play cost us the game. You cannot take that penalty. It was selfish and dumb. The lengths people will go to just to blame the Bozak line for anything and everything is sicknening and growing old. Moores penalty shifted the momentum in a negative way for sure. He deserves to be scratched tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad