Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Ducks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
lmao a day ago JVR was the scapegoat, today it's Bozak. Leafs board never fails to amaze me ahahahaha. Wonder who it will be tomorrow?!

There's plenty of blame to go around but starting with those two shows that Leafs Nation is on the right track IMO.

and yes I do think our PP will suffer big time without JVR. Hello he is our best PP forward. I'm not sure where you think you are just magically going to make 30 goals reappear. Like jesus christ, it's not a hard concept to understand. Goal scorers are goal scorers. defensive players are defensive players. Each type has their role on a team. A player who makes an effort on defense isn't always better than someone who actually produces for you. People overrate this defensive role so much. There are lot of quality NHL'ers even recent cup winners who are not the greatest defensively but give you all they can offensively. Cup winning teams know how to slot them appropriately not just get rid of talented scorers.

And they're much more valuable if they play D too. If you score a goal and then give up two goals, what have you gained really? Hint - the answer is you haven't gained anything, you've actually lost something.

I honestly think the ducks and Carlyle could use a guy like bozie, the problem is our center depth is not at very good. all I know is I dislike Bozak, maybe he will come around but doubtful.

I've been saying this again and again as have many others. Now though, I'm starting to wonder how much better off we are with the "depth" added by Bozak.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
If you're going to sewer Bozak by putting him on the 4th line, we'd be better off trading him while he still has top-6 value. Will be much more difficult if he gets labelled bottom 6.

Are you saying guys like Marner and Brown are good enough to battle their way off the 4th but Bozak isn't?

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
If you're going to sewer Bozak by putting him on the 4th line, we'd be better off trading him while he still has top-6 value. Will be much more difficult if he gets labelled bottom 6.

Other teams don't base their opinion of players on what label HFboards posters give them.
Bozak is sewering himself, we all know he hasn't been playing well and a scout would sure as hell know that as well. Putting him on the 4th will hopefully spark an increase in effort.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With the Ducks injury woes and the Leafs playing LA tomorrow night again - do they go with McBackup tonight and save Andy for tomorrow? Or just ignore the matchups and start Andy tonight, hoping he can build off Monday night's good performance and get more confident in net?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Pumpkin my wife carved.

ZUTEYuB.jpg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Martin-Bozak-Marner

Similar construction, just a couple steps down.

a couple? Marner/Nylander not even a step a half step (on current form maybe a couple steps) but Bozak to Matthews is a couple of KM's of steps away, and Hyman Martin similar distance again KM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad