GDT: Leafs State of the Union + Locker Clean Out Day (4/27/18)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
no I know daisy, its just im so sick of leaf fans turning on him. that is all it is

honestly, i don't know general people let that bother you.
i always say it -people don't have to like every player on the team. (some people do, some people don't) i people are allowed to not like Will, and people are allowed to turn on them. (now if they want to turn on him for a dumbo reason - it's dumbo, but it's their prerogative). just ignore the blatant stupid.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
People tried to make it a thing yesterday, it was crappy click bait.

Well to be honest, Marc Savard was also saying his body language towards and with Babcock was telling of this, he said something was 100 percent wrong, speaking as an ex player.

But who knows lol

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
That was MAGAs inauguration. He was clapping and cheering during the TSOTU. But then again, who wasn’t?

True. Used it out of context but loved the reaction.

To answer your question:
giphy.gif

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

If people would listen to what he says, he uses Babcock-isms.
I remember specifically he used the term; "got rolling around in their zone" much like Babs would.
I think they're fine. By all accounts he wants to be challenged, pushed, prodded and otherwised forced to the be the best player he can be. Not someone who gets all poutty lipped when actually challenged.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I will say this

This playoff format SUCKS!!!!

105 points with no home ice and you face a 112 point team in the first round

Just brutal

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Matthews wanted to lead this team, and he had a terribly frustrating series. It's just natural that some of it shows. I would be surprised if Matthews didn't want to go over the boards every other shift to do something about it, but I would also be surprised if that's anything more than some frustrations in the moment.

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
kind of hope he doesn't. Fans have turned on him already and going there is a lose/lose situation imo. Dominate and the narrative is "soft swede can only dominate on the big ice" and don't dominate "he is an average player cant score at the WHC".

Obviously he probably doesn't give a **** about that, but I can see the narratives now

You can say that he wasn't very good in the playoffs without having "turned" on him

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Babs said they haven't talked about Captain, mentioned Marleau and Hainsey. Says lot easier to be captain in other places than Toronto.

Sounds like we'd be more likely to have a "transitional" captain of sorts if we're going to have one at all.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

consider the source son, consider the source

is a mantra i live by

lots of so called "sports media" are gonna fling "hot takes" to get their 2 minutes right about now.

our owners employ kipper and that should end.

this is some very sht he is trying to disturb, marchand level sht.

anyone taking Kipper serious, just does not know how the business works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad