GDT: Leafs State of the Union + Locker Clean Out Day (4/27/18)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Has to be. He didn't go last year due to the world cup + 1st nhl season.

Would love for him to get his surgery done and just get away from hockey for a few months.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
That's tough, man. I know that not everyone has always been happy with JvR, but he has been a big part of this team for the past six years. I'm definitely gonna be sad when he won't be back.

Reactions: The Apologist

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
That's tough, man. I know that not everyone has always been happy with JvR, but he has been a big part of this team for the past six years. I'm definitely gonna be sad when he won't be back.
I'm gonna miss him and the piano he was carrying on his back in game 7.

Reactions: Kurtz

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
They were talking on Overdrive yesterday that Matthews should be telling Babcock that he wants to play with better players and play more overall. I 100% agree. I can't see how he would be happy when someone like Nick Schmaltz plays more than him throughout the season, is on the second PP unit, and sometimes gets two grinders stuck by his side.

Babcock needs to use him more, and have him play with better players like every other team does with their top players.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They were talking on Overdrive yesterday that Matthews should be telling Babcock that he wants to play with better players and play more overall. I 100% agree. I can't see how he would be happy when someone like Nick Schmaltz plays more than him throughout the season, is on the second PP unit, and sometimes gets two grinders stuck by his side.

Babcock needs to use him more, and have him play with better players like every other team does with their top players.

Players need to grow and adapt... Babcock needs to do more of the same. It's really that simple.

Reactions: dsred

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Players need to grow and adapt... Babcock needs to do more of the same. It's really that simple.
Babcock is developing the 20 yr old kid. Showing him the ropes of being an elite defensive centremen in the NHL. I would suspect this lightens up next season. If you honestly believe Babcock is not going to play him more in the future I don't know what to say.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I would be very surprised if he was. Not saying it won't happen though, there's been some clear interest from both sides to find a deal and JvR seem to have embraced his role on this team.

Or not:
Yeah I honestly have no idea how it will play out. The guy can score goals, but he is extremely 1 dimensional, and I don't think this team and management is in support of 1 dimensional. Maybe the signing of Marleau was the JVR replacement, but once Marleau is gone our LW is going to look very bare. Hoepfully guys like Korshkov, Grundstrom can step in and make some noise.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Babcock is developing the 20 yr old kid. Showing him the ropes of being an elite defensive centremen in the NHL. I would suspect this lightens up next season. If you honestly believe Babcock is not going to play him more in the future I don't know what to say.

honestly, I don't understand this whole thing that he has to play more. like he can produce amazing numbers playing less (which i firmly believe is partially due to the sports science department). like if he had crap numbers etc - it makes sense. but now? not really.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any scheduled press conferences from Lamoriello and/or Shanahan? Not much information there.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
State of the Union eh? Hopefully goes better than this:

200w.gif

That was MAGAs inauguration. He was clapping and cheering during the TSOTU. But then again, who wasn’t?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad