GDT: Leafs State of the Union + Locker Clean Out Day (4/27/18)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It would have been so funny, if Lou actually decided to talk about his future with the Leafs, and make a comment about Burke might be back.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Because I'd rather not overpay him that drastically, even if it is short term. Limits on season options and sets a bad precedent.

On a 1400 pt sure fire hall of famer? I don’t see how the 1 year cap of a Thornton would affect anyone else going forward.

Who else would you spend on. We will spend to the cap without question b

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
On a 1400 pt sure fire hall of famer? I don’t see how the 1 year cap of a Thornton would affect anyone else going forward.

Who else would you spend on. We will spend to the cap without question b
Defense as a start.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Defense as a start.

For sure. But who would sign a 1 year deal?

We will have like 25 million to spend on 2 f and 1 d (really) this year and the next is a cap crunch. So we don’t want big contracts past this year. Especially with the D unsigned for next year coming up.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I liked how media gave them a hard time. Give them even more hard time,park the van in front of Gardiner's house and everytime he leaves his home give him the hardest time of his life. Make his life a living hell in Toronto.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
I liked how media gave them a hard time. Give them even more hard time,park the van in front of Gardiner's house and everytime he leaves his home give him the hardest time of his life. Make his life a living hell in Toronto.

Man, you need help! I would hope you could find something better to do with your life?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kristen Shilton‏Verified account @kristen_shilton 1h1 hour ago
More
Pending #Leafs UFA Tyler Bozak on his future: "It would be my top priority to stay here. My family loves it here, my kid loves it here, he thinks he owns the place. It’ll be tough on him if I’m not back."
That's so wonderful Tyler, I'm sure you'll have a rough life making millions of dollars and never working another day in your life in another city.

I'm 100% done with the 2013 clowns.

Reactions: ToneDog

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
So not a word about Matthews being injured?

Listened to Babcock's season-ending conference. After Matty hurt his back from the first injury, he never got his skating back...then Rielly gave him a concussion, then the shoulder injury...he missed 20 games altogether...that's a quarter of the season...I take it that Matty never really got to playing at 100% of his ability, and being 20 years old, he's still a boy, though he's a big boy, he's not a man yet...I'm not surprised he is skipping the world championships...he needs the recovery time...there's still alot of room for growth and he's got another summer to prepare and be stronger for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad