Pre-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens - Game Cancelled in Light of Ottawa Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The game is all the way in Kanata

Not sure why they would cancel other than paying homage to the dead.

I'd say the majority of the people going to the game live downtown, or have somehow been affected by this.

Also, the Leafs have been locked down all morning, and likely will be for the next couple hours at least, or until all the suspects are caught

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I live in Ottawa and have tickets for the game. Should the game be cancelled yes for sure due to the events, however that being said you have to show these radicals you can't create a place of fear where we will stop our daily lives.

I would love to see a moment of silence and 20k signing O'Canada and telling these idiots you can't stop us from living in freedom.

Now again I think the game should be cancelled but if not unite together and put all stuff aside and cheer for Canada.

Swayze*

if people are locked down and there's a martial law type of atmosphere in the city, it will be difficult for many fans to attend the game.

also, i don't think anyone is confirmed as dead (other than one shooter)

I believe the soldier has died, not sure yet.

I work right down there and just went to scope it out.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The game is all the way in Kanata

Not sure why they would cancel other than paying homage to the dead.

Well, if the Leafs remain in lock down in their hotel, it would be hard to play the game without them. No? :dunno:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m1 minute ago
Jim Hughson is on Hockey Central @ Noon saying league's priority is to get the Leafs out of their hotel and into a safe place.

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
Cancelling the game would be a good call. I mean I love a hockey game as much as the next person but this is a public safety matter.

You also have to take in account the people who live in the DT area who may have tickets to the game. You don't want someone risking their life to get to a hockey game. The league does not want that kind of publicity.

I will. No one is keeping me from the things I enjoy most in life outside of friends and family and that's a Leafs/Sens, Habs/Sens game. I'll risk my life to keep living my life, my beautiful Canadian life. If the game is cancelled it's cancelled, but if it isn't I'll be there for more than just a hockey game tonight.

Alexander Baigle

Jun 27, 2011
Great White North
I live in Ottawa and have tickets for the game. Should the game be cancelled yes for sure due to the events, however that being said you have to show these radicals you can't create a place of fear where we will stop our daily lives.

I would love to see a moment of silence and 20k signing O'Canada and telling these idiots you can't stop us from living in freedom.

Now again I think the game should be cancelled but if not unite together and put all stuff aside and cheer for Canada.

I don't think putting peoples lives in danger is worth a big show of Canadian pride. Some people may not be psychologically prepared for a hockey game.

If anything should be showing these psychopaths our national intolerance of this sort of behaviour, it should be a bullet to the head.

hockeyfanz*

Your team is in lockdown at a hotel a couple blocks from the shooting unable to attend practice.

There is a large portion of Ottawa residents that would attend the game that will be directly affected by this.

Un.believable. Screw the game....so unimportant. Who cares? Not like it can't be rescheduled..is it ?

Show some respect to those wounded by these animals.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Senators play both Saturday and Sunday.

So if the game gets rescheduled, it will either be tomorrow night, or at a later date

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I believe it could be rescheduled to Tomorrow or Friday. I believe when the Boston bombing occurred the game was postponed like a week or two later.

I thought it was postponed till the end of the season. Which would make more sense seeing as teams have everything planned well ahead of time regarding travel etc.

DNCarolyn

Oct 7, 2014
Guelph
I thought it was postponed till the end of the season. Which would make more sense seeing as teams have everything planned well ahead of time regarding travel etc.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. The Stars/CBJ game that was cancelled after Rich Peverley collapsed was moved to the end of the season. There was another game that was cancelled due to snow (I think Philly?) that got moved to a different date in the middle of the season. That move pushed the Canes/Sens game from Friday night to Sat afternoon. So there's no way to know what they'll do.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
CTV says one suspect was wearing a black jacket, carrying a double barreled shotgun

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Worth noting that the league canceled Bruins/Senators game last spring following the tragic Boston marathon bombing incident

Alexander Baigle

Jun 27, 2011
Great White North

It may have been the end of the season, but the bombings took place mid-april, so the end of the season wasn't so far away. You have to consider the people who have already purchased tickets to the game, I'm betting they don't want to wait until the end of the season to watch a game. Although they could refund the tickets.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
CTV says one suspect was wearing a black jacket, carrying a double barreled shotgun

Thats the rumoured to be dead suspect. Rumoured to be wearing a white and black scharf covering his face/head.

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK
Just cancel the game tonight. Can you imagine how much security would have to be used at a sporting event with 20k people? Those resources could be much better served elsewhere. Would be a joke to play.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad