Pre-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens - Game Cancelled in Light of Ottawa Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It is not in anyway related to the game.

This situation, isn't related to the game? The Toronto Maple Leafs are locked in a ****ing hotel room a stone's throw away from the shootings.

Some posters here, including myself, has family locked down in surrounding buildings and want as much info as they can.

So excuse me for passing along info. Not like this is a National Crisis or anything

Stop ****ing talking to me

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
What a waste to kill someone in the name of any religion - Don't understand how someone can get brain washed so easily now a days.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This situation, isn't related to the game? The Toronto Maple Leafs are locked in a ****ing hotel room a stone's throw away from the shootings.

Some posters here, including myself, has family locked down in surrounding buildings and want as much info as they can.

So excuse me for passing along info. Not like this is a National Crisis or anything

Your info sharing's been much appreciated, Cor. Hope your family is okay.

CalgaryLeaf*

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Still awaiting word on status of tonite's game. Might a contingency plan mean playing game tomorrow night if tonight's game is a no go ?

The Leafs are still locked in their building..No way they play this game today.

Alexander Baigle

Jun 27, 2011
Great White North
What a waste to kill someone in the name of any religion - Don't understand how someone can get brain washed so easily now a days.

We don't know the specifics of the shootings yet. We should be refraining from this sort of dialogue until we get official word.

The biggest thing here is how terrible it is for killing like this on any level

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Still awaiting word on status of tonite's game. Might a contingency plan mean playing game tomorrow night if tonight's game is a no go ?

There should be no way be the game plays tonight. Would see tomorrow working fine even though Ottawa would be playing three in four.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

Well, there could be a **** ton of reasons, but we know that moderates in all religions provide great cover for the truly bat **** insane among them.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

I was talking in specific to your post about the colour of the shooters jacket.

I am done.

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
The game should be cancelled/postponed. A large forum of people is no place for a city armed hostiles...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cause We're Canadian ‏@MadelnCanada 8m8 minutes ago
True North, strong and free. To hell with those who try to make us think differently. #PrayForOttawa

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

My sister is locked down as well.....I want all info that I can get. Lets hope all gets sorted out soon.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AM980 London News ‏@AM980News 20s21 seconds ago
BREAKING: Ottawa hospital says it received 3 patients, 2 in stable condition. Won't give update on Hamilton reservist shot at #WarMemorial.

Any confirmed reports of the Solider being dead are likely false at this time. Hospital aren't giving updates on him

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
It shoudl 100% be cancelled.

An attack generally doesn't focus on minimal casualties like we're seeing. It is generally a prequel to a larger attack and a focusing of first-responders to the larger attack or away from it. Meaning if the vast resources of security are downtown then it makes any mass gathering more susceptible. It could be playing right into their hands if people decided to show a sign of national pride and gather.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Canoe @Canoe
BREAKING: The soldier who was shot while standing guard at Ottawa's War Memorial is dead.

Awful. Standing guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier I would assume would be an honour for any soldier, as this tomb pays respect to the many unidentified, fallen soldiers who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy today.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
BREAKING: Ottawa hospital says it received 3 patients, 2 in stable condition. Won't give update on Hamilton reservist shot at #WarMemorial.

Any confirmed reports of the Solider being dead are likely false at this time. Hospital aren't giving updates on him

OK...just heard on Global News that he was dead. Hopefully they're wrong!

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

The report is being confirmed by Jason Kenney, so I don't think its false.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Jason Kenney said so.....I follow him as he is a former Hound.

Jason Kenney ن @kenneyjason · 23m 23 minutes ago

Condolences to family of the soldier killed, & prayers for the Parliamentary guard wounded. Canada will not be terrorized or intimidated.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The National @CBCTheNational
DEVELOPING: Tweet from MP @kenneyjason: Condolences to family of the soldier killed, & prayers for the Parliamentary guard wounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad