Pre-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens - Game Cancelled in Light of Ottawa Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
As long as there are shooters loose, there is no chance the game gets played.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well if it's not safe enough for the Leafs to get out of their hotel then obviously no game is happening.

I fully expect the reschedule on this one.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 50s51 seconds ago
...Dreger said he spoke to Leafs organization and they are in lock down inside their hotel. @THNKenCampbell @mlse

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs @ Ottawa.... Is there a game tonight? [will keep you updated]

Not to make this political - but strictly focusing on the game.
on TSN they are mentioning that the city is on lockdown, and Henny said (for obvs security reasons) they can't mention the hotel - the Leafs aren't in Kanata.

so there may be a game, but maybe not.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
As long as there are shooters loose, there is no chance the game gets played.

Agreed, they'll need to wrap it up in the next couple hours for any chance to play the game.

Tough call whether they should play or not

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
May be more to it than I thought and the game may be cancelled

Graham Richardson @grahamctv · 1m 1 minute ago

BREAKING: @ottawapolice confirm one death on Parliament Hill. 3 separate shootings: War Memorial, Hill and "near Rideau Centre"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
on TSN they are mentioning that the city is on lockdown, and Henny said (for obvs security reasons) they can't mention the hotel - the Leafs aren't in Kanata.

Little late to the party Daisy

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Catherine Lathem ‏@CatherineCTV 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: @ctvottawa CONFIRMS: One shooter dead. Police working under assumption more than one shooter. 3 shooting incidents #ottnews

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 41s42 seconds ago
Leafs haven't heard yet from the league as to status for tonight's game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So we get the game moved to the end of the year I'm guessing?

Unless gunmen is caught or police think Kanata is far enough away from DT Ottawa, which as someone who use to live in Ottawa will tell you, it may be distant enough to be safe, about a 20 min drive

My wife's building, located a few KM west of Parliament Hill in Tunney's Pasture, is also in lock down.

Ace88*

This game should be f***ing played. National game, in Ottawa, against "Canada's Team", nothing stronger than this gathering, on this day. Show the sign of strength, tonight it's all one team.

This exactly. To cancel the game would show cowardice in the face of ended tragedy; to go on would be a demonstration of united strength.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 50s51 seconds ago
...Dreger said he spoke to Leafs organization and they are in lock down inside their hotel. @THNKenCampbell @mlse

They must be at the Chateau Laurier...which is odd because many teams stay at the Brookstreet in Kanata.

I can see Chateau from my window, and there a solid 50 cops around it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Henny posted pictures of the situation from their rooms and it's pretty obvious where they are staying. They are at the Westin. And let's just say they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
They must be at the Chateau Laurier...which is odd because many teams stay at the Brookstreet in Kanata.

I can see Chateau from my window, and there a solid 50 cops around it.

Nope, they're across the street from the Chateau at the Westin???

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think they should play the game assuming the guy isn't still loose but I think they'll cancel it just out of convenience because there's no difference playing it today or tomorrow schedule-wise

Just looking at the schedule, I don't understand why they make us play back to back when neither us or Ottawa plays until Saturday? is it not common sense to have both teams rested and play on Thursday rather than play back to back on Wednesday and then be off for 2 days? especially considering Ottawa has had like 4 days off, seems pretty BS to have the Leafs play back to back vs a fully rested team for no reason.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think they should play the game assuming the guy isn't still loose but I think they'll cancel it just out of convenience because there's no difference playing it today or tomorrow schedule-wise

Just looking at the schedule, I don't understand why they make us play back to back when neither us or Ottawa plays until Saturday? is it not common sense to have both teams rested and play on Thursday rather than play back to back on Wednesday and then be off for 2 days?

Maybe they could postpone it until tomorrow assuming there isn't an event planned at Ottawa's rink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad