Prospect Info: Leafs Prospect Camp: July 7-11

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
That Loov give and go with Rupert was really nice, so close to surrounding defenders. Also liked Nylander's backhand saucer to spring a breakaway.

Caught a few MODO games this past year, Lööv's offensive awareness has really taken a step from when we first drafted him.

At any rate, it's been two years since his draft and not only has he not busted, he's looking like an AHLer at least, which is awesome to get from a 7th.

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
Gauthier is the type of player that breaks up the would-be highlights... He may have been very impressive, but didn't get in any of the highlights because defense is his strong suit, not offense.

Well, the other team didn't seem to do much so that must bode well for his contributions!

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Dominic Toninato has looked really good this camp.

A couple more years in college, it looks like he will grow into his body a little more and the Leafs could find themselves with a steal.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
One thing that I noticed in the scrimmage highlights (that I hope is actually part of his game) is that Nylander would do whatever it took to get the puck back when he lost it or to win battles towards the puck. As a team, the Leafs have been awful at winning puck battles...

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
What is he now, 6'2? Verhaeghe's not small either.

Yea, he looks bigger than 6'2.

Verhaeghe is probably around the same height. The biggest strength of Verhaeghe's game is his strong 2-way play. I think that you'll also see him put up another 75-90 points playing on a line with Perlini this year. They will also get either McCool or Knott to play with them and have a solid year.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
One thing that I noticed in the scrimmage highlights (that I hope is actually part of his game) is that Nylander would do whatever it took to get the puck back when he lost it or to win battles towards the puck. As a team, the Leafs have been awful at winning puck battles...
It really is a nice thing to see. So often the puck gets lost and it's gone the other way, but Nylander does seem capable of stealing those pucks right back and doing something with it.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Fantastic skater, there's no doubt.

Trying not once but twice to penetrate the blue line on his own without using his teammates, however...

These players are not trying to win the game, they are trying to impress. And most of these prospects are 18 year olds. Give them a break.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
This Vesey kid looked pretty good. Nice hands and seems like a decent skater.

GenericFan2*

Nylander looks like he's not even trying and is still the best player out there :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad