Prospect Info: Leafs Prospect Camp: July 7-11

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Give me a name ( person) that has been extremely decisive in The Development of both The new Swedish TML prospects Willian Nylander & Viktor Löv? Hint 1 - person has nothing to do with Modo but maybe Timrå. Hint 2 - 2 other recent SC finalists Anze Kopitar + Carl Hagelin have same background.

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
BsHAybtCIAEdJkX.jpg:large

Cripes, Gauthier is a monster.

Man he looks huge in that pic, I hope this kid is going to be a beast.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Give me a name ( person) that has been extremely decisive in The Development of both The new Swedish TML prospects Willian Nylander & Viktor Löv? Hint 1 - person has nothing to do with Modo but maybe Timrå. Hint 2 - 2 other recent SC finalists Anze Kopitar + Carl Hagelin have same background.

Answer 1: Per Nygårds
http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=217

Answer 2: See answer 1.

;)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Swedish pedigree is always nice to have...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I will be disappointed if we don't see a Johnson-Nylander-Engvall like in at least one pre-season game :laugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I will be disappointed if we don't see a Johnson-Nylander-Engvall like in at least one pre-season game :laugh:

Since the Swedish season starts early one should expect most of those players to be home in time for that event.

You should change your expectations replacing the word "pre-season" with "rookie tournament" and then you might not be disappointed.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Since the Swedish season starts early one should expect most of those players to be home in time for that event.

You should change your expectations replacing the word "pre-season" with "rookie tournament" and then you might not be disappointed.

I'll be right behind the home bench at the rookie tourney, I am beyond excited.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Rookie camp is in London, so I would be fine with that :laugh:

Doubt Nylander is back in Sweden though. He will be here for camp, maybe Johnson as well may decide to stay for camp too.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone have anything to say about Nylander from a grit perspective? Obviously it'll come as he gets older and physically matures, but it'd be encouraging to hear that he is already able to hold his own in the corners/not get knocked off the puck easily at this age.

Description of Nylander from our very own Hockey Future's site:

His overall hockey sense is special; shows a feeling and understanding for the game that few players seem to enjoy. Withstands physical pressure well and is rarely separated from the puck or even knocked around. Very confident and has shown that he can play a skill game, even against men.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/william-nylander/

Tyler Biggs*

Nylander and Toninato soar at Toronto Maple Leafs rookie camp:

Yes, it’s July and yes, it was only a scrimmage, but do you like hockey or don’t ya? The Toronto Maple Leafs, like many NHL franchises, held their rookie development camp this week and the festivities ended with a scrimmage. Far from orthodox, the game featured a 15-minute period of 4-on-4 with players changing every 45 seconds, followed by a similar format but 3-on-3 (there was also a “normal†15-minute period to begin with).

One player who looked pretty sharp was center Dakota Joshua. A member of the United States League’s Sioux Falls Stampede, the Dearborn, Mich., native was great on the forecheck, dogging defensemen and keeping plays alive in the corners.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nylander-and-toninato-soar-at-toronto-maple-leafs-rookie-camp/

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
I've been reading good things about Ehlers and Fabbri at their respective prospect camps.

I hope Nylander is able to prove that he was worthy of a higher selection (as a fellow undersized skill guy) as time goes by.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nylander >> Ehlers >> Fabbri

Still far too early though.

(That isn't a shot at Ehlers, just how highly I think of Nylander

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Nylander >> Ehlers >> Fabbri

Still far too early though.

(That isn't a shot at Ehlers, just how highly I think of Nylander

I think it's really close between Nylander and Ehlers, I got the impression we were going to draft either one of them at 8, and if they were both gone we were dropping down a few for Larkin.

Can you explain why you think there is a big gap (>>) between them?

I think it's more like splitting hairs than >>

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think it's really close between Nylander and Ehlers, I got the impression we were going to draft either one of them at 8, and if they were both gone we were dropping down a few for Larkin.

Can you explain why you think there is a big gap (>>) between them?

I think it's more like splitting hairs than >>

Nylander is >> than Ehlers because the Leafs picked him , had we picked Ehlers he would have been >> Nylander.:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00