Prospect Info: Leafs Prospect Camp: July 7-11

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby 12s
8-0 final as 2014 late pick Nolan Vesey ends the scoring. Free agent Flinn pitches a shutout in net. Nylander a goal and two assists.

Vesey was on the White side. I believe Finn on the white side as well.

Blue side must have had Brown, Johnson, Verhaeghe and Nilsson I assume.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Looks like Loov, Gauthier, M. Rupert, Toninato and Nylander impressed.

Former Spits goalie DeKort is also supposed to be at the camp, confirm of deny.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Your right although many of them are 6'4" 230 who can engrave your body into the boards, or clear out the front of the net with shovel like pitch.

We just traded away Gunnarsson and people are forgetting about him already... There are many defensemen in the league who use their good stick work or positioning to defend instead of plastering players into the boards. Hell, there's a guy with 7 Norris trophies that was famous for it. No, none of our prospects are comparable to Lidstrom, but there are many different ways to defend against NHL forwards.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
More underrated than Nilsson?

Damn. The Swedes we draft. Nylander, Engvall, Johnson, Loov, Nilsson, Granberg, Gunnarsson

And most of the draft picks we trade away are also Swede's, we've stocked the Black Hawks, the Ducks and the Kings with them. Of course the ones we trade away are taken higher than the ones we keep.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
We just traded away Gunnarsson and people are forgetting about him already... There are many defensemen in the league who use their good stick work or positioning to defend instead of plastering players into the boards. Hell, there's a guy with 7 Norris trophies that was famous for it. No, none of our prospects are comparable to Lidstrom, but there are many different ways to defend against NHL forwards.

Fear is also a factor and big bruising defensemen especially in the playoffs forge their will with thunderous hit's that wear down the opposition and turn the tide of the series.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
And most of the draft picks we trade away are also Swede's, we've stocked the Black Hawks, the Ducks and the Kings with them. Of course the ones we trade away are taken higher than the ones we keep.

I literally have no idea who you are talking about....

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Fear is also a factor and big bruising defensemen especially in the playoffs forge their will with thunderous hit's that wear down the opposition and turn the tide of the series.

Luke Schenn has more thunderous hits than Rielly... Would you rather we trade Rielly for Luke Schenn?

I'm a huge fan of Phaneuf, but I would trade him and his big hits for Lidstrom any day of the week... Ask DET fans if they prefer Kronwall to Lidstrom, hits and physicality aren't everything.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
connor brown clip on maple leafs official came out, you can see Team White and Team Blue setups on the white board behind him for a brief moment. hard to see but guessing this will be the scrimmage setup, I was able to work out all of them except for the right wings on team blue

Team White

-blank- Nylander - Flinn? Finn? pretty weird as one is a G one is a D
Torinato - Gauthier - Loov
Engvall - M. Rupert - Donaghey
Joshua - Vesey - Doetzel

Team Blue
Herzog - Brown - obscured
Johnson - Camaranesi - obscured
Senteler - Carpenter - obscured
Pryzbek - Vigneault - obscured

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
connor brown clip on maple leafs official came out, you can see Team White and Team Blue setups on the white board behind him for a brief moment. hard to see but guessing this will be the scrimmage setup, I was able to work out all of them except for the right wings on team blue

Team White

-blank- Nylander - Flinn? Finn? pretty weird as one is a G one is a D
Torinato - Gauthier - Loov
Engvall - M. Rupert - Donaghey
Joshua - Vesey - Doetzel

Team Blue
Herzog - Brown - obscured
Johnson - Camaranesi - obscured
Senteler - Carpenter - obscured
Pryzbek - Vigneault - obscured

wow Team white is stacked compared to Team Blue :laugh: Ice Tilt ?

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
They're playing scrimmage highlights on LeafsTV, Nylander is a pretty underrated playmaker.

pretty sure his playmaking skill is at the top of what he was scouted on. If anything he is a pretty underrated shooter

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
love how when Nylander loses the puck he immediately strips it off Brown, saw him do this a ton in junior but I worry this wont translate well to NHL and hope he controls some of those risky rushes

MarkLeftBehind

Jun 24, 2013
Alberta
That Loov give and go with Rupert was really nice, so close to surrounding defenders. Also liked Nylander's backhand saucer to spring a breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad