Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
No, he doesn't.

That's what the fans of the prior GM told themselves to put a disproportional amount of the blame on the guys who acquired before 2018.

I do remember him being in need of some scoring support vs. CBJ, though...
And now those fans are putting all the blame on Trelivings players. I just wished they would go to the pens board and stay there.

If the stats say the Leafs should have won this game.
The stats are really wrong.
I can believe after 7 seasons people still keep pointing to these charts.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Holmberg, Robertson, Dewar, Knies, Liljegren, Beniot, (soon: McMann), Woll, etc....

how much "playoff experience" do you think they have? Treliving knew exactly what he was doing at the TDL. Go watch his post GM's meeting interview. Its pretty telling that he was already looking forward to the summer. I'd ahve done the same thing. I would have actually gone a step further to force Keefe to scratch Tavares, Brodie, Gio, etc.... pretty much anyone who are not in Leafs' future plans.

Time to be patient a bit. Kids gotta learn some playoff hockey. Nobody is a "champ" right out of the gate. There was time to be patient with matthews, marner and nylander with a proper rebuild. But that trash dubas ruined it by signing tavares among other dumbass moves including throwing away draft picks for 1st round exits.
Precisely. Well said.

We're two years and the means that two contracts for two players currently provide for to see what can be got in order to address our obvious needs.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Probably not what happened but what if the leafs had some meeting before the playoffs and Willie was late. Then Keefe decided to bench him for the first game of the playoffs?

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
False narrative. Freddy was scapegoated by this team as a cover up for their failure to score on the playoffs.

Granted, Freddy's health hasn't been the best the last few years. But the way his tenure ended in Toronto left a bad taste in my mouth.
He was awful in game 7's. Game 6 last year was the first time any goalie has turned in a solid performance in a game where the Leafs could advance. Andersen was terrible when it got to that point.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hey Leafs fans any update on Nylander?

He played vs the Bolts last game. Did he get hurt then?

Is he playing game 2?

Thanks for any info

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Give me a break. How many times we gonna talk about it? Finish those chances then if they had so many high danger ones. Goaltending is what it is because there is no money. How many times can that be said? So the high paid forwards better finish those chances. Samsonov is all this team can afford. The high scoring forwards need to finish their chances, simple as. I am sick and tired of talking about "chances" or "expected goals".
When youre playing great hockey and your goalie broking it by giving up weak goal everytime. its a team killing.

hockey is a game of momemtum, if everytime leafs having momemtum they finally lost it because goalie didn't get the job done...

leafs was the best team to start the game, they did a mistake and Boston scored on 1st shot right after Swayman stole leafs twice.
Result boston took momemtum, came alive in that game and became the best team for the next 10

leafs survived with a lot of post, finished the period strong, started the 2nd extremely strong 1st 6 min... samsonov gave up a bad goal
result: leafs energy drastically drop and need a 10min again to bring it back. when they finally , Samsonov gave up an other weak goal and leaf energy became at 0 and thats where domi slash marchand to try to create something.

If exemple samsonov made the save on beecher or carlo or even on debrusk, leafs would still played with the same enrgy they was playing before the goal. Its how bad goaltending affecting EVERY PART of the game. If youre thinking samsonov didn't had any impact on leafs core , its not how hockey working!

mogs

Jan 11, 2007
Jasper AB
I can’t believe Keefe chose to put Jarnkrok on PP1 over Bertuzzi with Nylander out of the lineup. Ignoring the fact that Bertuzzi should already be on PP1 over our slow and useless Captain, choosing Jarnkrok over him is insane.
That was mind boggling. Even if Jarnkrok played all 82 games and was completely healthy he still has no business on PP1

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Food poisoning doesn't make much sense given the timelines. Didn't we hear about the question if him playing a day or two in advance
Also I feel like you could just say it was food poisoning and save yourself the media attention. If you’re worried about tipping your hand on the lineup, just keep saying he’s a game time decision. (Not that I think Boston cares one way or the other).

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Matthews had 5 five vs 4 shots, 2 high danger and 3 medium danger, one post.

He's not in control that the team isn't getting him the puck on the pp.

5 even strength shots, 3 medium to high danger. Matthews did his part. His penalty was while standing in the crease battling for position. Maybe Marner would get a penalty like that if he wrnt to dirty areas and battled.

As I said, Marner had 2 shots total, one from long range (blueline) and the other not ranked because it was further than the blueline (probably a clearing attempt that went to Swayman).
tavares ( marner primary teammate) had 6 high scoring chance both of those scoring chance right after marner pass.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I was a fan of analytics. But the Leafs were man handled and after 1 period the HDCF was 5-1 Leafs. which is comedy.

Don't follow you.
I think there is a place for analytics but the way some people keep pointing to certain stats while results constantly are the same tells you there’s more to it than analytics.

Reactions: HolyCrap and Fatass

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
tavares ( marner primary teammate) had 6 high scoring chance both of those scoring chance right after marner pass.
The corpse of Tavares had the most high danger shots in the NHL after Hyman. He didn't play all that often with Marner.

he also led the team in slot shots by a large margin last playoffs. While hardly playing with Marner.

Gotta love how credit keeps being given to Marner for Tavares stats when Tavares is doing it with or without Marner. Same thing with Matthews, that is until this past season where Matthews produced even more goals and points without Marner.

Yet apparently Marner is the one dragging the corpse of Tavares around.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Honestly surprised we got one past Swayman there. I had predicted 240 minutes of shutout hockey. Not bad not bad. Maybe next game we can win 1-0.

Reactions: authentic

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
The corpse of Tavares had the most high danger shots in the NHL after Hyman. He didn't play all that often with Marner.

he also led the team in slot shots by a large margin last playoffs. While hardly playing with Marner.

Gotta love how credit keeps being given to Marner for Tavares stats when Tavares is doing it with or without Marner. Same thing with Matthews, that is until this past season where Matthews produced even more goals and points without Marner.

so the bar for tavares is now shots? You are talking about tavares like he's a 3rd line scrub. Moreover, all this shows is tavares is an ass finisher.

The expectation for robertson is to have high danger shots and slot shots. The expectation for tavares is to score some f***ing points

Reactions: hotpaws

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

he just played like around 90% of the time with him last night...but go ahead
1000001437.jpg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's the best of 7, some of you need to give it a rest, Game 1 last year was worse. You guys lost 7-3 and came back to win the series.

If they give the same performance as game 1, then sure... It could have been nerves. I would be more pissed at the fact Nylander decided not to be in the lineup. Unless it's something serious, which hopefully is not the case, otherwise he's going to be public enemy #1

There's still a lot of hockey to be played.
The only reason that series was close was vasi was well below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad