Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
It is impossible for the Leafs to win a series if they can only score one goal per game.
Going to end this conversation now bc you just seem to want to have an outlet of your frustration instead of having a real discussion with fellow Leafs fans
6 of 10 team who actually played a game had 1 goal or less after 40 minutes. So Only 4 team who gave up more than 1 goal after 40 Washington whos easily the worst team in playoff, Toronto and both colorado/WPG who forgot everything about their structure... Its how playoff hockey is played, if youre hoping to win high scoring game and have succes, good luck.

you will see much more game won 1-0 2-0 2-1 3-1, 3-2 than 5-4 in playoff

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
6 of 10 team who actually played a game had 1 goal or less after 40 minutes. So Only 4 team who gave up more than 1 goal after 40 Washington whos easily the worst team in playoff, Toronto and both colorado/WPG who forgot everything about their structure... Its how playoff hockey is played, if youre hoping to win high scoring game and have succes, good luck.

Every year we can't score in the playoffs though, it isn't a new thing.

In the offseason and at the deadline, we addressed this by signing tough guys.

I still have faith in this group and think they can do some damage, but this isn't a new problem.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Well, AM, MM and the rest still needs to score.
Funny watching the Nucks Vs Preds game. Saros gave up a weak goal but that didn't stop ROR and the rest of them from scoring later.
Keep believing that the goalie is our only problem instead of our top three highest paid forwards not scoring being a problem.

Every year we can't score in the playoffs though, it isn't a new thing.

In the offseason and at the deadline, we addressed this by signing tough guys.

I still have faith in this group and think they can do some damage, but this isn't a new problem.
Yet, we still blame goaltending as the reason our big guns could not score.
Scoring and goaltending are two completely different thing. It is like if a pitcher giving up 10 runs means the hitters on the team will not get a hit bc their pitcher sucks and gave up 10 runs.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yet, we still blame goaltending as the reason our big guns could not score.
Scoring and goaltending are two completely different thing. It is like if a pitcher giving up 10 runs means the hitters on the team will not get a hit bc their pitcher sucks and gave up 10 runs.

I have no faith in Samsanov either, but if he stopped all but 2 we still lose yesterday.

I think our forwards are too good and they generate enough chances that they should convert more, but we do need more out of Samsanov.

Yesterday, it didn't matter, but if he continues to let in a couple week goals per game, it may cost us some games.

He's a problem, but not the only problem.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I have no faith in Samsanov either, but if he stopped all but 2 we still lose yesterday.

I think our forwards are too good and they generate enough chances that they should convert more, but we do need more out of Samsanov.

Yesterday, it didn't matter, but if he continues to let in a couple week goals per game, it may cost us some games.

He's a problem, but not the only problem.
Exactly, and thats my point from beginning.

Reactions: notbias

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Sucks the Leafs were undisciplined with their sticks and the eagle eye refs caught every one of their infractions including some from the other side of the rink.

Unfortunately for the Leafs Boston never got careless with their sticks.

Meanwhile in Boston where the referees should be watching the player with the puck somehow missed this:

It's easy for us to judge refs from bird' cam view, no way ref could X-ray eyes to see it this clearly.

The incidental high stick should be 2 min.

At the same time, I'd make it 4-4 . You can't promote stupidity - embellishing to the point you are not even protecting yourself is stupid...

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Thank you. Marner expected goals :D ROFL

I thought he played like a pile of hot steaming dog excrements but now I think he might be elite after all !!!
You think?
No details but you think. Judging from your track record, you should share your thoughts less. It might be that is what you are smelling.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
You think?
No details but you think. Judging from your track record, you should share your thoughts less. It might be that is what you are smelling.

Shush Mr Data Science pretender.

It doesn't strike you as odd that he never manages to match his expected goals? You are funny that way.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

It doesn't strike you as odd that he never manages to match his expected goals? You are funny that way.
I prefer the edge of your seat test where you count the number of times you felt like scooting to the edge of the seat anticipating a goal - Mathews post , Jarnkrok break, brief instant when Tavares had the break away but that was over before it got started, and the goal.

Sep 18, 2009
I prefer the edge of your seat test where you count the number of times you felt like scooting to the edge of the seat anticipating a goal - Mathews post , Jarnkrok break, brief instant when Tavares had the break away but that was over before it got started, and the goal.
I prefer the test of rounds and cups won

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018

Again no details. You have some feeling so lets just rejoice the spectacular grasp you have of the game.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

He exceeded it during the regular season, and so did Nylander and Matthews.

Bertuzzi and Tavares were under theirs.

McMann was above his by a fair bit too.

This matches the eye test for me.

I just find it weird to hate on predictive stats (no one thinks these count for anything, they just give more context), and then discuss your opinion on players/the game.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
He exceeded it during the regular season, and so did Nylander and Matthews.

Bertuzzi and Tavares were under theirs.

McMann was above his by a fair bit too.

This matches the eye test for me.

I just find it weird to hate on predictive stats (no one thinks these count for anything, they just give more context), and then discuss your opinion on players/the game.
I find it strange that people shun a reference point of communication that is so easily accessable. Saying the stats are wrong requires some real life examples of where they mislead (and they can). The problem is that they clash with a worldview eye test due to a misunderstanding of the game and what they are seeing. What is good vs bad play for a forward is multivariate and that includes defensive accumen, situational deployment etc.
Being proud of shunning a communication tool is akin to saying they are proud to be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad