Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
If we do get by this team, we will be down a guy at least I think. This is a physical team and we'll lose someone. Just can't be a guy who's necessary

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
New series, new avatar. LGR

image.jpeg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Zib Roslovic
Cuylle Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Wennberg Rempe

Wheeler comes in for Rempe game 3

Last edited:
Reactions: gump116 and FUZfan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Zib Roslovic
Cuylle Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Wennberg Rempe
Not terrible but I don't see how the coach will take out a guy he obviously trusts down the stretch of a close game to put in a guy he basically sits most of the second and entire third period of a close game.

Reactions: egelband and Sayba

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Florida poses a physical test but their back end will be really pressed by Rangers top two lines. Maurice is an excellent coach. So is Laviolette. The Ranger crowd in South Florida will be a nice boost. I had Carolina pegged as a harder out than Florida before the playoffs and I still feel that way. Nothing easy at this time of the year.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I don't see how we can win this series. I'm glad we made it this far with this veritable Miracle on Ice squad.
While it's by no means a forgone conclusion that we'll come out on top, it's not like the Rangers are a bunch of schlubs. Your lack of confidence is odd... and that's coming from the biggest pessimist in the world.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
First time I can remember the Rangers are A. the first team in the conference finals and B. didnt play a 7 game series to get there.

1994----swept the Islanders in 4 in the first round and beat the Caps in 5 in the second. After that it was New Jersey in 7---game 6 is the one that Messier called and 7 is Matteau, Matteau, Matteau. The Cup Finals against Vancouver we won in 7---so all in all 23 total games with a 16-7 record. So it's taken us 10 games to get to the conference finals and it took the 1994 Rangers 9 games. But we're going to be a rested healthy team again when the series starts on Wednesday. The Panthers look like they will be too.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don’t fear goalies as much as I do defenses. We make average goalies look great in the playoffs not because the goalies play well, but because we don’t create high danger scoring opportunities in numbers. Game 5 of this series was the perfect example.

Give me the lesser skaters as opposition. The goalies don’t matter when you create chances that no goalie can save.

They made Andersen look like crap. He was the single biggest reason, by far, that the Rangers beat them.

Reactions: cheech70

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Gonna go 6 or 7 for sure I think.

I'd have Rempe going. This team is extremely physical and we have to match some of it. Let their guys worry about Rempe. The media will build him up plenty and hopefully get them focusing on something else other than scoring.

Overall we t be to do well with heavier teams. It's really speed we struggle with most so that makes me hopeful

This Rempe worship is getting out of hand.

He might dress if the Rangers fall behind, but even then he will get less than 5 minutes of ice time, and will likely end up in the penalty box.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This Rempe worship is getting out of hand.

He might dress if the Rangers fall behind, but even then he will get less than 5 minutes of ice time, and will likely end up in the penalty box.
I do agree that Rempe is getting so overrated. But if Chytil is still a no-go, I'd rather have Rempe than Brod in the 4th line with Bennet and Tkachuk running around.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Anyone have an idea how the Stanley Cup runner up fairs in the Conference Finals the following year? Rangers lost in 7 after losing the Cup.

Reactions: NYRangers16

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't see how we can win this series. I'm glad we made it this far with this veritable Miracle on Ice squad.
Bet you had us lose to Canes before the series and you “were concerned” vs Caps…

I wanted to go to game 3 in Florida but I missed the window for face tickets and now they're 325 bucks each, resale
Ticketmaster prices? I don’t think there’s anything close to this for the games at MSG

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
LGR

Hope Wheeler is an option over Brodshitsky. But even more so, hope Chytil is an option.

We may want Rempe in there to f*** with them a bit in one game. They have sandpaper in that lineup and enjoy being assholes.

Reactions: Riche16

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I do agree that Rempe is getting so overrated. But if Chytil is still a no-go, I'd rather have Rempe than Brod in the 4th line with Bennet and Tkachuk running around.

Rempe won't stop either of them from being who they are and he'll likely make the Rangers short-handed.

I'm sure there's some reason, but I don't understand why Edstrom isn't playing ahead of Rempe and Brod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad