OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I think we're around the same age, I've sat on my ass all winter and been stressed with work, my A division men's ballhockey league starts up again next week and I am dreading getting outrun like I'm standing still for the first month

I'm turning 33 in July. Have tendonitis in my right shoulder, and my inner elbow (golfer's elbow.... and I don't golf).

I'm quitting smoking right now as well, and doing really good, so I'm trying not to balloon like most do. Also wanna drop some fat for Mexico next month, but next summer is my "look good" goal.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Kill it, bro.

Underrated tip: the day before your interview, treat yourself to something. A solo coffee and a cafe, a good jog, really whatever you enjoy, and bask in positivity. Get your mind in a good place, and squash any stress or pressure you feel about it. It's always worked for me.

Best of luck!

thanks man! That's a good call. Usually I spend the hours leading up to an interview stressing out quietly by myself :laugh: but usually I end up doing well in interviews. I've been seriously starting to get stressed about being unemployed for this long though. It's driving me insane

what kind of movie are u auditioning for, Harrison?

good luck pal

Air Force Bud - it's a cross between Air Force One and Air Bud. I can't give too much away, but reviews so far with the studio have been pawsitive

Thanks! There's a lot of competition for the role so I'm really hoping to stand out. Made it to the final 3 people last time so the fact that they're asking me back I hope is a good sign

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm turning 33 in July. Have tendonitis in my right shoulder, and my inner elbow (golfer's elbow.... and I don't golf).

I'm quitting smoking right now as well, and doing really good, so I'm trying not to balloon like most do. Also wanna drop some fat for Mexico next month, but next summer is my "look good" goal.

What type of workouts are you doing? Gotta stretch out and do targeted the muscles around the shoulder/elbow .. That will help your strength in those areas and will allow you to get stronger all around.

Oh the things I've learned from the future wife (who is a physiotherapist) :laugh:

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015

A few tips as we seem to be in the same situation:

1 For pain: try homeopathic remedies. They sell this all in one arthritis joint pain remedy on well.ca for less than 10 bucks and it worked for me until I ran out. Unfortunately it's a pretty small container. Waiting on my 250 tab bottle of Rhus Tox to come in from Amazon. Seriously though, these things do work, I once had a very, very noticable change in a keloid scar when I started taking a remedy for scars. This scar was raised and hard and had been for YEARS, shrunk right down after a few weeks, explain that one.

2. For weight loss, what I've been doing to lose a lot weight is to eat this low fat vegan burrito recipe for breakfast/lunch every day:

3 tins of black beans, strained
1 tablespoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
Bit of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, to taste
1 cup of water
Cook up the beans in a slow cooker if you have one, use a pot on minimum if you don't, cook for at least an hour.
Cook up 1.5 cups(dry) of parbroiled rice but substitute 1 cup of the water with salsa. This makes a nice mexican tasting rice mix.
Once rice is done mix it with the beans.

Have 1-1.5 cups of this mix per burrito, topped with shredded lettuce, any other fresh veggies you want, and hot sauce. The mix will stay fresh all week in the fridge too, cook up on Sunday and you're good to go for the week.

You can eat 2-3 of these throughout the work day without thinking about it, these are high carb, high fiber, very low fat and low calorie.

Drink water and water only with them, no liquid calories. For supper try and keep it low fat most days. Simple.

Obviously you need to talk to a doctor before changing your diet or trying any new medicine. I'm not a doctor. Use this advice at your own risk.

Last edited:

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Thats what everyone says with every new mmo. It'll be dead within a few months, watch. MMOs are out of style now anyways.

No, this one is different for a few reasons:

1. Not being made by a triple A studio who's goal is only to make money. This game is being made by a group of guys who used to work for triple A studios and decided to make the MMO they always wanted to play and crowdfunded 1.2 million to do it.

2. This game will have an extreme amount of depth to it, non-repeatable quests, dynamic changing world, laws, courts, families, characters age and die, etc.

Also, one of the coolest aspects of this game is the fact that the mail system in world is in real time with caravans travelling from city to city which you can get hired on to guard or try and attack and steal the loot.

This isn't a themepark game, no instances, no instant travel crap. This is the MMO for hardcore players.

No monthly fee, the game will cost approx $30 per year to play.

Used to play Grepolis with a couple buddies, but all of those games eventually become about soending more money to win. They inevitably end up at the same place.

This game isn't going pay to win ANY time soon. This game has a dynamic, 10 year storyline to it. It has a game engine that creates random world events dynamically. Can't wait.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I'd suggest laying off the deep fried turkey and raise your pints with your left hand.
No, I'm not a Doctor but I play one at home.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Dropping fat is easy. Eat dinner before 7:00pm and don't eat anything after that. Watch what happens. Have eggs for breakfast no toast. Stop ordering food with white bread/buns. Order bare food. Steak with veggies for example. Stop eating bagels as filler food. Replace beer with tequila. Etc Etc. I could go on and on.

Basically wheat and late night eating are everybody's enemies. (Mine).

Good luck. You have time. You can make a huge difference in 2 weeks. Don't starve yourself - eat at the right time and eliminate wheat from your diet - you don't need it.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Dropping fat is easy. Eat dinner before 7:00pm and don't eat anything after that. Watch what happens. Have eggs for breakfast no toast. Stop ordering food with white bread/buns. Order bare food. Steak with veggies for example. Stop eating bagels as filler food. Replace beer with tequila. Etc Etc. I could go on and on.

Basically wheat and late night eating are everybody's enemies. (Mine).

Good luck. You have time. You can make a huge difference in 2 weeks. Don't starve yourself - eat at the right time and eliminate wheat from your diet - you don't need it.

I agree with this

Also eat less, drink lots of water and constant exercise. I went from 184lbs to 162 in just over a year.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
i go through such a weird weight fluctuation week to week. I'm constantly in between 185 and 195 depending on how I eat that week. I was up to 200lbs at one point when I was seriously working out though like last year. Then I ****ed my knee at hockey and lost like 15lbs

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
One of the most effective diets I've seen is the Keto Diet. It's essentially a no/zero carb diet but high fat. So bacon is in, bread is out.

My wife has done it to kick start her weight loss and lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. Of course she's off it now because it is pretty tough to stay off carbs/bread for a long period of time, and now maintains a healthier diet and exercize routine.

I would recommend that diet for at least a good month, and you'll probably lose a lot of weight without even having to exercize a whole lot. Then slowly re-introduce some carbs into your diet and try to maintain it.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I eat boring for 6 days, and eat extravagently on Sundays. It's how I lose weight. Breakfast is an eggwhite omelette with one yolk thrown in for fats, glass of water, bowl of oatmeal with protein powder. Lunch usually consists of a salad, more water, a can of tuna, and a handfull of trail mix. Dinner is either chicken or white fish, never breaded, brown rice or sweet potato, and a vegetable that ISN'T carrots/corn/peas/potatoes, in order to avoid starch. If i have a snack later, i'll chew on some celery for crunch.

I do drink some beer, but have switched to Sleeman Clear. My go-to drink is vodka + water, though. Helps get a tonn more water in me, get a buzz, and control that buzz.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I've been trying to gain weight my whole life

It'll catch up with you they said. Still waiting....

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Apologize to beer for sullying it's name with such blasphemy

When you're trying to shed pounds, your choices are either that, Molson 67 (puke), or Michelob Ultra. I'll take the Sleeman.

As a brewer myself, i'll drink some of my own that I make occasionally when trying to lose weight, but it's pretty hard to keep track of their nutritional info when you hobby brew :laugh:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I haven't had a sleemans in years. And I honestly don't know why. The cream ale was my go to back in day

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Apologize to beer for sullying it's name with such blasphemy

Also, in terms of taste, Sleeman is crisp and easy drinking. It's certainly winning no competitions, but easily tolerable, and you can drink a box without falling on your face.

Down here, people of all ages, not just hipsters, consider OV and PBR acceptable. I live amongst plebs.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
#!@$^% !!!

Someday they'll let me edit posts. Someday. Until then, y'all will have to catch my drift, and laugh at some errors.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'm an idiot for saying losing weight is ez. It's not easy but I found wheat to be the bugbear. Brown tequila soda water straight lemon extract is a great drink.

Creemore is the best beer - tried a thousand so I know what I'm talking' bout :laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'm an idiot for saying losing weight is ez. It's not easy but I found wheat to be the bugbear. Brown tequila soda water straight lemon extract is a great drink.

Creemore is the best beer - tried a thousand so I know what I'm talking' bout :laugh:

Creemore on tap is a go-to for me at the local watering hole. Also love me some Belgian Moon.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I switched from cream in coffee to skim milk, changed nothing else with regards to diet and exercise and lost 20 lbs in 12 months. I was pleasantly surprised.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I haven't gamed properly in a while (growing up sucks), but I'm still pretty hyped about Mass Effect: Andromeda. Mass Effect 2 was my favourite game of all time, and I LOVED every other game in the series as well.

Unfortunately, there are some negative rumblings about it right now which are quite worrying. Hopefully, the game is terrific, because if some of the concerns about the writing and characters (which are a staple of the franchise) are true, my heart will be broken.

Also, has anyone played any recently released games lately? How are they?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

I know what you mean - I'm 33 in April ('84 was a fine vintage)...ACL/Meniscus surgery in my knee when I was younger and now it aches when its cold, pretty sure I've got a torn rotator cuff in my throwing arm so I have to do like a weird sidearmy action for softball these days (I should probably just go get a diagnosis/surgery) and sitting at a desk keeps helping to pile on the pounds. I'm like 5'10" and 205-210 when I'm in good shape and it's way too easy for me to be pushing 225 when I sit around doing nothing but drop weight/put on muscle quickly when I put an effort in

I'm about to buy a house with my gf who's a super health nut so I'm hoping that makes me adjust my habits a bit, too much work and bad food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad