OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
About 5 inches of snow dropped yesterday, taking a dump on some of my plans.

Day 2 of vacation weekday dinner is a 15lb deepfried turkey. Anybody ever deepfry a bird rather than roast? Gotta keep it away from the house, lest you need insurance money, but the flavour makes me not want to roast ever again.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Day 2 of vacation weekday dinner is a 15lb deepfried turkey. Anybody ever deepfry a bird rather than roast? Gotta keep it away from the house, lest you need insurance money, but the flavour makes me not want to roast ever again.

Lol. I've never done it myself but I've eaten a bird done that way - it was good! Then again I'm married to a vegetarian so all meat is good regardless of how it's cooked.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lol. No. There are a ton of keeners pushing hard into the winter wind "training" for the spring. I respect their dedication but I just can't do it. I ride 90% of my commutes starting April but even then sometimes that east wind coming off the lake makes me think twice about the next day. I also ride my cyclocross on the shoulder side of the white line for all the haters out there :)

I was just messing. I certainly wouldn't do it but I get it.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Smother the turkey in bacon and let it go on a smoker for 4 hours.

Bacon fat is a pretty good way to keep moisture and taste through the smoking process.

Have to finish it off as a roast as about 4 hrs is about as much smoke as the bird will take.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Smother the turkey in bacon and let it go on a smoker for 4 hours.

Bacon fat is a pretty good way to keep moisture and taste through the smoking process.

Have to finish it off as a roast as about 4 hrs is about as much smoke as the bird will take.

With the snow, i'm less inclined to drag my smoker out and go through the process. I do all of my turkeys on it, usually, but just feeling lazy. Deep frying is the easiest, if not most dangerous way to do a bird. Flavour is pretty worth it, though.

Yesterday's chowder was a hit. Subbed celery for asparagus, added some bacon (real, never bits), and some scallops.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Lol. No. There are a ton of keeners pushing hard into the winter wind "training" for the spring. I respect their dedication but I just can't do it. I ride 90% of my commutes starting April but even then sometimes that east wind coming off the lake makes me think twice about the next day. I also ride my cyclocross on the shoulder side of the white line for all the haters out there :)

I'm a baby when it comes to riding in the cold too. Covers my babies in salt then I have to clean them every ride if wet. .... Ain't nobody got time for that.

Also most of my bikes are worth more than the black book on alot of ppls cars :p

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Me neither haha... I saw a guy in that huge wind last Wednesday riding into it... oh man...

I golfed on some pretty nasty days so I get it. You're prepared to go from the night before and you head out in the morning and think, it's not so bad. Once you get out in the open and away from houses you wonder why you're such an idiot.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'm a baby when it comes to riding in the cold too. Covers my babies in salt then I have to clean them every ride if wet. .... Ain't nobody got time for that.

Also most of my bikes are worth more than the black book on alot of ppls cars :p

Haha. I know I wrecked a good derailleur in the P2A 2 years ago that was enough of that. I need to ride for work no time for crapping on my gear. And mine's reasonable gear not like your $10,000 Cervelo ;)

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Doing some math on my snowmobile season this year...

Bought a new Snowmobile in October: $9600
Insurance: $500
Trail Permit: $180
Oil: $100
Fuel: $100
Trailered sled north: $80
Food/drink when out on trails:$60
Total : $10620

Km's on sled this year: 482

$ per km = $22

Sweet.

Doesn't take into account the new helmet I bought this year, or the fact that my starter isn't working right in my sled. I want more winter :cry:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I'm not a dentist with a gut so no :p I'm the biggest Cervelo hater known to man

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Anti-dentite!

I was watching the tour last week and the way those guys fit on their bikes....I don't look like that. Is this the wrong size?

You're really asking me why you don't look like a 22 year old, elite athlete that can fold themselves in half on a bike? Really?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
got a call today to set up an interview for what would be a dream job for me :D

Kill it, bro.

Underrated tip: the day before your interview, treat yourself to something. A solo coffee and a cafe, a good jog, really whatever you enjoy, and bask in positivity. Get your mind in a good place, and squash any stress or pressure you feel about it. It's always worked for me.

Best of luck!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Started back in tje gym this week after a year out. Many reasons (excuses) for why I was out for so long, only one legitimate, but man, finding that groove again can be tough. I feel great after, but the motivation to go back the next day is tough to come by sometimes.

I dropped 30lbs last year, and looked much better, but took a chance on a crazy hours job, and put it all back on. Now I'm back trying to lose it again.

Focus can be so difficult to come by, plus my body is pretty beaten up from my youth, so I'm paranoid of hurting myself.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Started back in tje gym this week after a year out. Many reasons (excuses) for why I was out for so long, only one legitimate, but man, finding that groove again can be tough. I feel great after, but the motivation to go back the next day is tough to come by sometimes.

I dropped 30lbs last year, and looked much better, but took a chance on a crazy hours job, and put it all back on. Now I'm back trying to lose it again.

Focus can be so difficult to come by, plus my body is pretty beaten up from my youth, so I'm paranoid of hurting myself.

I think we're around the same age, I've sat on my ass all winter and been stressed with work, my A division men's ballhockey league starts up again next week and I am dreading getting outrun like I'm standing still for the first month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad