OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
After careful consideration Leafs board mods have decided that we will allow an OT thread.

This is not the Leafs Lounge

The Leafs Lounge is gone. That thread was closed because certain posters were unable to stay within the rules of hfboards.

All hfboards rule apply to this thread. No exceptions. They are found here. I suggest you review

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

This thread will be shut down if any violations occur. Discuss whatever you want within the boundaries of hfboards rules. The leash is short, so I would suggest not pushing the limits of what we allow. As this thread serves no real purpose in relation to hockey, it creates additional modding responsibilities for mods, for that reason we will shut it down if it becomes problematic. Also note infractions, thread bans, and forum bans are possible for individuals breaking these rules, as well as the thread going away.

We don't want to have to do that. So please don't make us.

Continue.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I think I prefer NFL free agency hoopla to the NHL's.
So many big names move each year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, my place of employment recently blocked all social media sites YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc, as well as several other sites, in all of our offices. However, with HFBoards, the posting redirect page is what it blocked, and not the actually site itself. So I can read everything, but can't post, which is hilarious, because it's teaching me restraint on this site :laugh:

In other news, I only have about 3-4 weeks left at this job. I'm moving to Ottawa in order to be closer to family. Really nervous about it.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
So, my place of employment recently blocked all social media sites YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc, as well as several other sites, in all of our offices. However, with HFBoards, the posting redirect page is what it blocked, and not the actually site itself. So I can read everything, but can't post, which is hilarious, because it's teaching me restraint on this site :laugh:

In other news, I only have about 3-4 weeks left at this job. I'm moving to Ottawa in order to be closer to family. Really nervous about it.

Good luck and best wishes on moving forward with life, Cor!

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

Being a leafs fan but living in Ottawa, welcome to the dark side.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good luck and best wishes on moving forward with life, Cor!

Being a leafs fan but living in Ottawa, welcome to the dark side.

haha thanks.

Tough thing is, while my family is in Ottawa, the rest of my life is, well, here, including my best friend, and current roommate who I've known for 19 of the 22 years I've been alive.

And other than my family, I don't really know anyone in Ottawa, so I'm sorta struggling with that.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I've heard working for MLSE is very cool and there are a lot of perks but the hours are rough (comparable to the big 4 in tax season) and the pay isn't great. At this point in my career, I don't know if I'd want to take something there but working for the Maple Leafs brand would be so hard to resist.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
haha thanks.

Tough thing is, while my family is in Ottawa, the rest of my life is, well, here, including my best friend, and current roommate who I've known for 19 of the 22 years I've been alive.

And other than my family, I don't really know anyone in Ottawa, so I'm sorta struggling with that.

If you ever wanna grab a beer some time or catch a game with a fellow leaf fan behind enemy lines, PM me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've heard working for MLSE is very cool and there are a lot of perks but the hours are rough (comparable to the big 4 in tax season) and the pay isn't great. At this point in my career, I don't know if I'd want to take something there but working for the Maple Leafs brand would be so hard to resist.

It's understandable though.

There's always something going on. And not only do you have the traditional work times, you also need to be there for the events, whether it be a concert, or a sports game.

It takes tremendous sacrifice and dedication, but you get rewarded nicely for it

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's understandable though.

There's always something going on. And not only do you have the traditional work times, you also need to be there for the events, whether it be a concert, or a sports game.

It takes tremendous sacrifice and dedication, but you get rewarded nicely for it

Intrinsically, yes. Monetarily, not really.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

9-5 doesn't exist anymore.
Our society is 24-7 and the work hours reflect that.

If it's a position in your career field of choice + for the parent company of your favourite team, you'll likely have a higher chance at being more engaged and "work happy" which is something we should all strive for.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

Unless there is a chance at significantly increasing my pay in the near future, I would never take a job that doesn't pay well enough.

EDIT: I shouldn't say never. If I was desperate for a job I guess I would.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So I threw out my back on Thursday on the very first squat I did of the day. Had no issues going at 225 for weeks. Thursday, boom, my lats just give up and tighten. It was sooooo painful. Even today, while I'm not in nearly as much pain, my lats and oblique still feel tight af.

Oh, and I had a playoff game for coed volleyball later and I wasn't missing that (especially since if I didn't play, we'd be forced to forfeit with not enough players), so I Willis Reed'd it, playing through excruciating pain and barely being able to move and having to be helped up about 12 times. We still lost, partially because I was a corpse out there :/. That said, I fully explained to my teammates later in group chat why I did what I did and that I would've been unable to bear the guilt of causing my team to forfeit a playoff game... and one of them... she kinda gave me another perspective on things... that I could've suffered a long term back injury aggravating it and that my safety was far more important than an intramural game. Reading that just stopped me dead in my tracks. I felt pretty distant from the team for the most part throughout the season but it's at least good to know they were looking out for me. Not many do that for me, so I appreciated the sentiment. I did say I am perhaps a bit too stubborn and altruistic for my own good in that regard.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Anyone else doing a march madness bracket this year?

X1pXYhk.gif

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
9-5 doesn't exist anymore.
Our society is 24-7 and the work hours reflect that.

If it's a position in your career field of choice + for the parent company of your favourite team, you'll likely have a higher chance at being more engaged and "work happy" which is something we should all strive for.

This is a very generic statement. Work life balance is very important and everyone should strive for it. MLSE disallows that on a regular basis, is what I'm saying. There ARE many companies that DO allow the 9-5 though in non-managerial roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->