Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Keefe

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Why would anyone put Matthews out there to start OT , he only has 8 goals in 10 games this year, scored tonight, one of the best centers in the league? LOL

I would have respected Nylander out there to win the draw, Tavares, Matthews, over Kampf. Kampf is my 4th choice to take the draw to start OT. The risk of losing the draw and having Kampf out there is not smart at all. Kampf shouldnt even see OT time in a perfect world.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Say your apologies and come on down Q

1699021040917.png

Reactions: ToneDog and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I know that some of my fellow Leaf fans consider my conspiracy theories regarding Shanahan being an NHL plant to be worthy of me needing to be wearing a tin foil hat. I maintain that his role, on behalf of the NHL, is to make our Leafs competitive, but NOT good enough to win a Stanley Cup.

However, consider these points on Shanahan....

1) To my knowledge, and to this day, he has NEVER moved his family from the NY area to Toronto. That by itself screams his commitment to the City of Toronto IS NOT what it should be.

2) He brought in Dubas as a rookie G.M. and stayed with him through many of his egregious mistakes. If it wasn't for the Dubas power-play to take his job, he would still be our Leafs G.M. despite the lack of any worthy achievements. 1 appearance in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 7 years is not good enough for the investment in cap dollars to the core 4.

3) He continues to NEVER speak against the NHL when it comes to the obvious refereeing, and especially the NHL department of player safety, biases against our Leafs. I am quite sure that if a Leaf had done what Marchand did last night, that player would have received a 5 minute major and game misconduct for intent to injure. Further to this, the NHL DofPS would have given our Leaf player a 3 or 4 game suspension.

4) He seems to have prevented his new G.M. from hiring his own coach. Keefe's contract was extended, despite that he has not brought much playoff success since being hired. Keefe was a friend that was hired by our rookie G.M. Any other NHL team would have moved on from this coach that can't motivate and train his players to achieve progressive success.

5) This actually bothers me the most. He has not overseen the building of a Leaf team that can play tough skillful hockey the way he played to much success. Why Shanahan, why?

Oh well, it is what it is. All I know, that as a life long Leaf fan, I had more hope during and shortly after the Ballard years. Our Leafs under MLSE is simply treading water and not bringing what all Leaf fans should want... a Stanley Cup championship.

At least I'm old enough to still remmeber the enjoyment I felt in 1967 !!! Too bad it looks like I'll never feel that way again !!! :confused:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
We literally had the same start last season.

There's not going to be a coaching change until next summer at the earliest. Better strap yourself in for the ride folks.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
At this point I'd welcome Babcock back for the year. Keefe should've been gone years ago.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
At this point I'd welcome Babcock back for the year. Keefe should've been gone years ago.
There seems to be a huge disconnect between the way Keefe runs his lineup and the players the new GM brought in. I don't think Keefe makes it to the end of the season.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I know that some of my fellow Leaf fans consider my conspiracy theories regarding Shanahan being an NHL plant to be worthy of me needing to be wearing a tin foil hat. I maintain that his role, on behalf of the NHL, is to make our Leafs competitive, but NOT good enough to win a Stanley Cup.

1) To my knowledge, and to this day, he has NEVER moved his family from the NY area to Toronto. That by itself screams his commitment to the City of Toronto IS NOT what it should be.

2) He brought in Dubas as a rookie G.M. and stayed with him through many of his egregious mistakes. If it wasn't for the Dubas power-play to take his job, he would still be our Leafs G.M. despite the lack of any worthy achievements. 1 appearance in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 7 years is not good enough for the investment in cap dollars to the core 4.

3) He continues to NEVER speak against the NHL when it comes to the obvious refereeing, and especially the NHL department of player safety, biases against our Leafs. I am quite sure that if a Leaf had done what Marchand did last night, that player would have received a 5 minute major and game misconduct for intent to injure. Further to this, the NHL DofPS would have given our Leaf player a 3 or 4 game suspension.

4) He seems to have prevented his new G.M. from hiring his own coach. Keefe's contract was extended, despite that he has not brought much playoff success since being hired. Keefe was a friend that was hired by our rookie G.M. Any other NHL team would have moved on from this coach that can't motivate and train his players to achieve progressive success.

5) This actually bothers me the most. He has not overseen the building of a Leaf team that can play tough skillful hockey the way he played to much success. Why Shanahan, why?

Oh well, it is what it is. All I know, that as a life long Leaf fan, I had more hope during and shortly after the Ballard years. Our Leafs under MLSE is simply treading water and not bringing what all Leaf fans should want... a Stanley Cup championship.

At least I'm old enough to still remmeber the enjoyment I felt in 1967 !!! Too bad it looks like I'll never feel that way again !!! :confused:
I somewhat feel this way about Shapiro and Atkins and the Blue Jays. Lol

Oct 18, 2010

Tim Liewieke was quoted as his Shanahan hiring process being “he asked Gary who to hire”. It was on Tim and Sid on the radio in 2014, I still remember it because of how dumb it sounded.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The time to fire him was 2 summers ago when someone like Cassidy was on the market. Instead, Dubas double-downed and said Keefe would be a legendary coach

We will go nowhere with Keefe, it's a waste of time

Oct 18, 2010
The time to fire him was 2 summers ago when someone like Cassidy was on the market. Instead, Dubas double-downed and said Keefe would be a legendary coach

We will go nowhere with Keefe, it's a waste of time

Cassidy, Maurice, Trotz, DeBoer were available and Dubas said in 15 years Keefe would be on their level. Also it’s good to not sign your players long-term because reasons.

edit- Montgomery too

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Leafs playstyle is boring, ugly and seemingly ineffective at generating offense 5v5. Either Core 4 is not even close to being as good/talented as they should be, or Keefe's style is neutering their ability to generate offense, and has been since the Covid year and CBJ series.

Reactions: Aloysius

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Leafs playstyle is boring, ugly and seemingly ineffective at generating offense 5v5. Either Core 4 is not even close to being as good/talented as they should be, or Keefe's style is neutering their ability to generate offense, and has been since the Covid year and CBJ series.
To add to this, it looks like they are fighting God out on the ice to get a single scoring chance, only for the opposition's 3rd line to win possession and make it look easy on the other end.

Every game these guys make the other team's backup and unknown 3rd stringer look like tier1 starters by fluffing them up with weak low-danger opportunities.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Cant wait for the blowout win tomorrow and Keefe to secure his job for the rest of the season. The core will try hard for him as to not lose their buddy buddy coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad