Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Keefe

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Removes the lame duck coach. It gives him confidence to his job and have security. There are no cap penalties here. If the Leafs don't do well, they can change the coach on a whim without problems. There are no coaches available that would be any sort of upgrade as much as people wanna believe he's the worst thing ever.

He has a pretty good regular season record and the players seem to enjoy playing for him.

No issues here at all.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I just am popping in on the first page to see how many people turn on Treliving...

the best thing he did so far was extend Holmberg.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Excellent, let’s give the guy who has been consistently out-coached in the playoffs by every single rival coach an extension because …. I honestly can’t think of ONE damn reason

I wonder how fat this guys waistline is gonna be this year, and then will sit there and talk about how so-and-so didn’t come into camp in shape.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I am sure MLSE is thinking "ya, just extend him, who cares if he gets fired, we will just pay him" after the whole Babcock thing.

I don't think he is going anywhere.
What if the team under perform and have a .500 record by US Thanksgiving, do you fire him if you're the GM?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He's broken regular season records as the coach and finally got the team to win a playoff round so I guess so.
How did he fare in the second playoff round? (not being cheeky -- did he get outcoached or the players outplayed?)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The time to replace Keefe was really last year (or before), there just weren't many great options out there right now.

Keefe is definitely an area I'd be looking to upgrade on, but I don't think he was so egregiously bad that he had to go just for the sake of it. In the meantime, it's nice to give him some peace of mind and hope that he can do better going forward

Reactions: Eric bungay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad