Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bolts | The Return Of Freddy | Tuesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I want Leo on the fourth line and killing every damn penalty. Good veteran presence who has another gear come playoff time.

We might as well just ice a bunch of kids going by the logic of many posters here.
I like him on the PK, but I still don't like him at 5v5. Maybe he'll start to turn things around though

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
hope we pot a few goals on vesa; get in his head for the playoffs. As it seems more likely that that leafs are going to face bolts in the 1st round

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I like the lines the way they are. The best part is that they only get better when we inject Matthews and Leo back in. I am a bit indifferent on Z right now, I think our D has been pretty good.

Zaitsev has been a bit of an issue for awhile now

The major problem when Zaitsev gets back is Polak is going to slot back down with Dermott but the Dermott Carrick partnership has got on a bit of a heater and looks bloody solid all of a sudden

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
He has had a bad year. I wonder if hes just snake bitten or past his expiration date?
With rough and tumble 30+ year old energy guys, it's almost always the second option. Really respect Komarov for his time and effort in TO but I don't think his body has it any more. It's a shame we weren't getting 15/16 Leo this year, but what can you do?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Zaitsev has been a bit of an issue for awhile now

The major problem when Zaitsev gets back is Polak is going to slot back down with Dermott but the Dermott Carrick partnership has got on a bit of a heater and looks bloody solid all of a sudden
I wouldn't be surprised to see carrick and dermott together when Z returns.
I think most people forget that he's a new father too this year and that I a huge change on the home front and a big possibility as to why his play has been iffy this year

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
With rough and tumble 30+ year old energy guys, it's almost always the second option. Really respect Komarov for his time and effort in TO but I don't think his body has it any more. It's a shame we weren't getting 15/16 Leo this year, but what can you do?
Sadly I think you're right

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wouldn't be surprised to see carrick and dermott together when Z returns.
I think most people forget that he's a new father too this year and that I a huge change on the home front and a big possibility as to why his play has been iffy this year

Polak's been solid on the second pair so I doubt Babcock will be willing to PB him, especially since he's a first waive PK player

I think it's more mentality than anything with Zaitsev, he's so afraid to make a mistake and get burned he's so ultra conservative he actually hurts him

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Polak's been solid on the second pair so I doubt Babcock will be willing to PB him, especially since he's a first waive PK player

I think it's more mentality than anything with Zaitsev, he's so afraid to make a mistake and get burned he's so ultra conservative he actually hurts him
I'm sorry I need a moment..... you just said polak has been solid!?!??!! :laugh:

Then perhaps Z comes back in for Carrick? Z is a 1st pk too and dermott has been getting some kills as well so there is more flexibility bck there now

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
yeah it is unfortunate. A rough wrecking-ball type player in his prime would be great for a playoff run. I hope Hyman can do that for us

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm sorry I need a moment..... you just said polak has been solid!?!??!! :laugh:

Then perhaps Z comes back in for Carrick? Z is a 1st pk too and dermott has been getting some kills as well so there is more flexibility bck there now

As much as it pains me, when a guy plays well you've got to be honest about it

Polak like Hainsey are go to options when we're PKing and Zaitsev has been out awhile so I just can't see Polak getting benched for Carrick

Honestly I'd put Zaitsev on the bottom pair and keep Polak where he is, hoping that helps Zaitsev find his game going into the playoffs

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

I actually agree with Kiwi, based on the eye test Polak hasnt been to bad. He was great last year in the playoffs, hopefully he can recreate that this year.

Reactions: 54thecup

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
As much as it pains me, when a guy plays well you've got to be honest about it

Polak like Hainsey are go to options when we're PKing and Zaitsev has been out awhile so I just can't see Polak getting benched for Carrick

Honestly I'd put Zaitsev on the bottom pair and keep Polak where he is, hoping that helps Zaitsev find his game going into the playoffs
Agreed! Poor carrck but if Z cn find his game again we are a better team

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I actually agree with Kiwi, based on the eye test Polak hasnt been to bad. He was great last year in the playoffs, hopefully he can recreate that this year.
oh I agree. The joke is I've always defended polak and @Kiwi leafs fan has always been... not the biggest supporter of polak, but hes a good poster and always calls them like he sees them

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Agreed! Poor carrck but if Z cn find his game again we are a better team

We would be

Zaitsev has struggled for awhile now and we've got to do something to try to sort him out before the playoffs because if he stays where he was before his injuries i prefer this defensive lineup without him in it

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
We would be

Zaitsev has struggled for awhile now and we've got to do something to try to sort him out before the playoffs because if he stays where he was before his injuries i prefer this defensive lineup without him in it
Dermott has so mojo flowing now so hopefully he could stabilize Z until he finds his game? But I agree if he doesn't I would rather carrick back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig