Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bolts | The Return Of Freddy | Tuesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He doesn't have as easy road in front of him either because we're starting to get some decent depth on the backend

The RD certainly isn't as good as the LD but I wouldn't be surprised if some guys start going over to there offsides so he's not going to make the team because we've got nothing else

Rielly Hainsey Gardiner Dermott Zaitsev I'd imagine Carrick gets a new contact Borgman Rosen Holl Ozhiganov and some potential UFA signings as well (maybe even Polak comes back) God help me for saying that

I would be shocked spitless if Polak came back
like i feel he gets crapped on a tonne here, but i don't see how he works out imo.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He doesn't have as easy road in front of him either because we're starting to get some decent depth on the backend

The RD certainly isn't as good as the LD but I wouldn't be surprised if some guys start going over to there offsides so he's not going to make the team because we've got nothing else

Rielly Hainsey Gardiner Dermott Zaitsev I'd imagine Carrick gets a new contact Borgman Rosen Holl Ozhiganov and some potential UFA signings as well (maybe even Polak comes back) God help me for saying that
Not easy but he has more potential than all the one's you've listed and anyne currently not in the nhl in our system

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
like i feel he gets crapped on a tonne here, but i don't see how he works out imo.

I wouldn't be shocked if they bring him back

As much as I dislike the way he plays Babcock likes the "big boy" element he brings and he plays better as the season goes on, at the moment he's playing the Zaitsev role better than Zaitsev was

He'd be a cheap depth RD option to fill a hole short term

Not easy but he has more potential than all the one's you've listed and anyne currently not in the nhl in our system

He has that's why I think there going to be very cautious with him, he's going to be pivotal to our mid to long term success and management knows it

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm wondering how y'all ain't speaking a lot who is going to play in goal tonight? If it's andersen or mcelhhinney, it would be a difficult game none the less. Let's see y'all. I'm pending a lot of trust on both of these twerkers. They doin it. Yeah, they doin it bigg.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm wondering how y'all ain't speaking a lot who is going to play in goal tonight? If it's andersen or mcelhhinney, it would be a difficult game none the less. Let's see y'all. I'm pending a lot of trust on both of these twerkers. They doin it. Yeah, they doin it bigg.
because it's not really worth discussing. If Andersen's healthy, he'll play. If not, he won't. Not much you can discuss beyond that

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I would be shocked too. Then again I thought we had seen the last of him last season lol. But, I think the Leafs seriously want to contend next year, and I don't think Polak should be a regular d-man on a contender.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
because it's not really worth discussing. If Andersen's healthy, he'll play. If not, he won't. Not much you can discuss beyond that
Hmm. To me there seems to be a chance he will be on the bench opening that door if healthy though. Because of meclehheneys zerogame. He might give some more cool time for andersen. They might just watch and do that thang while andersen shooting that breeze on the bench. There's that chance man.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I still have to tell myself regularly that our team CAN compete with the best in the league and we ARE a good team. Seeing games like today's just a few years ago meant a guaranteed loss.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leivo can score (big league shot). he can pass. good on the boards. can play on the PP.

over the last 3 seasons he has played 40 NHL games. He has 8 goals and 11 assists.

That projects to a bit over 16 goals and 38 points for a full NHL season. That's not bad for a guy who often plays less than 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with bad linemates... and who plays very sporadically (many months without playing sometimes).

He went nearly point per game in his last season for the Marlies.

He also looks really good when he gets the chance to play. He can actually make a pass unlike one of our other wingers who gets a lot more icetime with our best players.

What he's done in the AHL means nothing , not when you are almost 25.

It's make or break time he needs to do something and he hasn't

Reactions: JonnyMacAwesome

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Completely agreed. I have a feeling he's going to be a full out stud
The problem I see is that he may take a few years to get to the big leagues and people around here will be writing him off and calling him a bust. Fortunately those peoples opinions won't make a difference in how long he takes, as long as he gets there.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The problem I see is that he may take a few years to get to the big leagues and people around here will be writing him off and calling him a bust. Fortunately those peoples opinions won't make a difference in how long he takes, as long as he gets there.
Amd thats the thing, if people are calling him a bust because he takes a couple years to mae it, their opinion shouldn't matter.
Kind f like the people writting Bracco off already. Silliness!

Reactions: Mugzy97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad