Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bolts | The Return Of Freddy | Tuesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Would love to get a look at Liljegren and Holl before the end of the year.

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Liljegren
Dermott - Holl

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
While uncle leo is not effective playing anything higher then the 4th line, hes a good 4th line player... hes heavy on the fore-check, hes pretty good defensively and he 100% helps out our PK..

To much blind hate towards him because the coach plays him to high in the lineup.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully this time against Tampa the Leafs get a few more bounces because in their previous game I remember they hit like 4 or 5 goal posts and got very unlucky when the puck went across the goal line and not past Vasilevskiy. Plus speaking of Vasilevskiy let's hope he's still tired and not up for the game. Finally should they meet in the first round of the playoffs it would be nice to send them a message that the Leafs won't be a pushover for them.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see carrick and dermott together when Z returns.
I think most people forget that he's a new father too this year and that I a huge change on the home front and a big possibility as to why his play has been iffy this year

I would, Polak will play over Carrick.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dermott has so mojo flowing now so hopefully he could stabilize Z until he finds his game? But I agree if he doesn't I would rather carrick back in

Dermott has been better than even i thought he'd be so if Zaitsev can't look good beside him with weaker competition I'm out of ideas on how we turn him around this season

On that note the Lightning are a speedy team and Dermott getting some time beside Gardiner would be a good idea because I think he'll handle that better than Polak, even if it's just 5-7 extra minutes

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Uh Zaitsev?

Lets not pretend Holl is a kid. Hes basically the same age as Zaitsev (26) and has 2 NHL games to his name. Despite Z's poor play of late hes proven far more then Holl.

I wasn't suggesting that Zaitsev should be replaced. Just want to see Liljegren and Holl over Polak and Carrick right now.

Assuming Zaitsev returns in game shape, then we can pick one of those 4 to be the 3rd pairing RD. My hope would be that Liljegren or Holl out perform Carrick and Polak and we can go into the playoffs with one of them... because I don't think Carrick and Polak are all that good. I would be fine with them as 7th, 8th, and 9th defenders.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Dermott has been better than even i thought he'd be so if Zaitsev can't look good beside him with weaker competition I'm out of ideas on how we turn him around this season

On that note the Lightning are a speedy team and Dermott getting some time beside Gardiner would be a good idea because I think he'll handle that better than Polak, even if it's just 5-7 extra minutes
Well we can just play him up and down the line up!
I'm confident Z will turn it around but not sure if it will be this season

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well we can just play him up and down the line up!
I'm confident Z will turn it around but not sure if it will be this season

I've got some doubts about him turning around this season as well, I'd give him 5-6 games in a row beside Dermott and if he can't work it out by then I'd roll this lineup in the playoffs

I'd be feeding Dermott minutes now to, start preparing him for a big roll in the playoffs if Zaitsev can't get up to speed and we need him 20+ against the quicker teams that Polak and Hainsey might struggle with

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I've got some doubts about him turning around this season as well, I'd give him 5-6 games in a row beside Dermott and if he can't work it out by then I'd roll this lineup in the playoffs

I'd be feeding Dermott minutes now to, start preparing him for a big roll in the playoffs if Zaitsev can't get up to speed and we need him 20+ against the quicker teams that Polak and Hainsey might struggle with
I have noticed his minutes slowly creeping up so I think they are already planing for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad