Toronto
Really? So what does he do?

Score nope

Hit nope

Fight Nope

PK Nope

Block shots Nope

He does nothing

Well about half the team doesn't do the last 3, I don't see how you can say a guy is doing nothing when he's actually given a shot he's noticeable. How many goals are you expecting from guy's playing on the 4th line, Kapanen's numbers would be so much better if he wasn't anchored there. Give Leivo top 9 minutes and he'll produce, not to mention playing one game and then sitting 5. Needs minutes.....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well about half the team doesn't do the last 3, I don't see how you can say a guy is doing nothing when he's actually given a shot he's noticeable. How many goals are you expecting from guy's playing on the 4th line, Kapanen's numbers would be so much better if he wasn't anchored there. Give Leivo top 9 minutes and he'll produce, not to mention playing one game and then sitting 5. Needs minutes.....

Agree with all this. These "Leivo does nothing" posts are getting really old.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't need goals from Leivo but he has to do something right now he doesn't

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

he'll get more minutes when he starts producing

he'll start producing when he gets more minutes

lol

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Kapanen makes the 4th line dngerous when he's on it, hence deserving of promotion whereas Leivo does not and as somoneone posted earlier his skating might be exposed if hes higher in the lineup

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I guess Lou is a moron for signing him then eh?

Lou is a smart man but he isn't perfect signing Leivo right now appears to be a rare mistake, he doesn't really help the team, he's not really hurting it either he just kind of exists

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I like the lines the way they are. The best part is that they only get better when we inject Matthews and Leo back in. I am a bit indifferent on Z right now, I think our D has been pretty good.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Really? So what does he do?

Score nope

Hit nope

Fight Nope

PK Nope

Block shots Nope

He does nothing

Leivo can score (big league shot). he can pass. good on the boards. can play on the PP.

over the last 3 seasons he has played 40 NHL games. He has 8 goals and 11 assists.

That projects to a bit over 16 goals and 38 points for a full NHL season. That's not bad for a guy who often plays less than 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with bad linemates... and who plays very sporadically (many months without playing sometimes).

He went nearly point per game in his last season for the Marlies.

He also looks really good when he gets the chance to play. He can actually make a pass unlike one of our other wingers who gets a lot more icetime with our best players.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
yeah but still fantastic to see. I bet Matthews is 100% so they are adding one more game to it to be 100% sure.

Matthews said he won't be 100% for the rest of the season, and will be playing injured. I don't think that's a good idea, but what do I know.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Also regarding Marleau, he is a player that is known to cool down as the season progresses. At least that is what SJ fans said. He works hard, is a good mentor, has speed to burn, will be a necessary addition in less than a month.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Pumped, big game, our potential 1st or 2nd rd opponent. Hopefully Plekanec gets a point finally and Brown breaks out of his massive slump.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hope our 2nd pp unit is nylander, kappy, johnsson, and leivo. Thats a lethal looking powerplay in terms of forwards. Brown and marleau do not deserve to be on the powerplay, escpeically brown who is stuggling this season and doesnt have a dyanmic skill (shot, passing, zone entires, hamds in close,). Get him off the powerplay. He currently needs to earn his spot back and should be playing on 4th line and pk. Move kapanen, or leivo to third line

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
gotta love a game with Dermott, Leivo, Kapanen, and Johnsson to go with Nylander and Marner. I hope Matthews gets well soon but man do we have an embarrassment of awesome young talent

Next expansion draft is going to hurt.

Could be a Ducks situation where we end up knowingly walking away from a very good prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad