Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bolts | The Return Of Freddy | Tuesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Like kiwi said if yu were a marlies watcher there is no surprise with seeingg dermott perform
Last year in the playoffs Dermott was amazing. His own coach commented on how he was one of the best defenders in the AHL last year. A great pick by Hunter, can't teach hockey IQ and the kid has tons of it.

Reactions: saltming

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Can't believe I'm reading a post in here wanting the Leafs to lose for a better playoff opponent lol

Hope the Leafs destroy them tomorrow without Matthews and possibly Andersen. To be the best you have to beat the best. Bring on either team in the playoffs.

Reactions: MattySnipes

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
He's a tribute to our drafting and development pipeline Walshy

But they moved back in the draft twice when they could have taken him..
Now,if it's possible that they knew he was still going to be available then it's brilliant..but that surely couldn't have been the case?
So it took some luck too imo.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
But they moved back in the draft twice when they could have taken him..
Now,if it's possible that they knew he was still going to be available then it's brilliant..but that surely couldn't have been the case?
So it took some luck too imo.

I would imagine that they had a fairly solid idea where guys were slotted on most scouts draft boards

There was a lot of talk about us taking Korshkov at #31 in 2016 instead of trading down because other teams were interested so it does sound like most teams have a reasonable idea of who will and won't be available at certain picks

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Can't believe I'm reading a post in here wanting the Leafs to lose for a better playoff opponent lol

Hope the Leafs destroy them tomorrow without Matthews and possibly Andersen. To be the best you have to beat the best. Bring on either team in the playoffs.
Great comment! :clap:

But it's just discussion, I'm guessing some are just bored with the Leafs being so good consistently being in the top 5-10 in the league for so long this year lol :sarcasm:

Personally, I'm with you - they can beat anyone. I'm excited for playoffs in back-to-back seasons! :towel:

Reactions: OddyOh and bax

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
who? Dermott? Timmy?

Dermott, because he's a 2nd rounder and how he's been developed at the AHL level

Liljegren has really come on at the AHL level as well but he's a mid 1st rounder so his development path hasn't been as surprising as Dermott was

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Dermott, because he's a 2nd rounder and how he's been developed at the AHL level

Liljegren has really come on at the AHL level as well but he's a mid 1st rounder so his development path hasn't been as surprising as Dermott was

thanks Kiwi, i just couldn't pick up on the conversation train :)

Reactions: Kiwi leafs fan

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
Not gonna be able to watch the game tomorrow night. Does anyone know a way to watch the game the next day?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
i would doubt it very much if Tim makes it up onto this roster before January 2019.
Ha hes raw and full of talent. An amazing season for an 18 year old kid in the ahl 1st year on small ice.
When he's ready he shuld be a great infusion to the line up

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Ha hes raw and full of talent. An amazing season for an 18 year old kid in the ahl 1st year on small ice.

oh for sure. I just mean going by how the team is doing things, the "call up" generally doesn't happen until two months or so before deadline. so that, is when we should be seeing tim (and that depends on a lot of things imo).

Reactions: saltming

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
True but they will let him stay down until he dominates, that’s the best thing they could do.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
True but they will let him stay down until he dominates, that’s the best thing they could do.

and then wait a bit more.
doing it with AJ, did it with Kappy, did it with Dermott. put the fire in their belly, then shove them back down there.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
and then wait a bit more.
doing it with AJ, did it with Kappy, did it with Dermott. put the fire in their belly, then shove them back down there.
Yeah it’s great, no more rushing kids into the show and having good teams both in the N and A is impressive.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I'd still doubt we see him with the Leafs next season

We're slow with cooking our prospects now days, not that I'm complaining after the Kapanen Johnsson and Dermott development paths

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We can get within 4 points of the Bruins with a win here.

These next two games are the toughest of our remaining schedule.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
We can get within 4 points of the Bruins with a win here.

These next two games are the toughest of our remaining schedule.

Yeah this is a tough week for road games, but after this they only have games against two playoff teams - at home against the Jets (granted that's the tail end of a back to back) and @ New Jersey. A good time/chance to gain some serious momentum into the playoffs even if Boston stays ahead of us.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd still doubt we see him with the Leafs next season

We're slow with cooking our prospects now days, not that I'm complaining after the Kapanen Johnsson and Dermott development paths
Ya Daisy said 2019 iirc for a cup of coffee seems realistic if all goes well

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya Daisy said 2019 iirc for a cup of coffee seems realistic if all goes well

He doesn't have as easy road in front of him either because we're starting to get some decent depth on the backend

The RD certainly isn't as good as the LD but I wouldn't be surprised if some guys start going over to there offsides so he's not going to make the team because we've got nothing else

Rielly Hainsey Gardiner Dermott Zaitsev I'd imagine Carrick gets a new contact Borgman Rosen Holl Ozhiganov and some potential UFA signings as well (maybe even Polak comes back) God help me for saying that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->