Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
30b86331-54d5-459f-8e45-c3f601111383_JDX-NO-RATIO_WEB.jpg

Way too much red in that picture :laugh:

At least, there is a lot of blue.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Yeah, its a wide angle lense. In-person it'd be a lot more intimate, warmer.

I was not a the games yesterday, but at the 1st Rempart game and for my taste, the jumbotron is perfect, not too big, not too small. I think when the jumbotron is too big, it distract for the actual game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Last nights crowd (attendance) in QC comparisons;

= 2 regular season home games for the Carolina Hurricanes

= 3 regular home games for the Arizona Coyotes

= 4 regular season home games for the Florida Panthers.....

:sarcasm:

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Whatever, you people have got to stop speculating about what X/Y/Z media person is saying. You guys remember the chorus saying Winnipeg would never ever have a team?

Honestly, if the NHL wants to spit in the face of former PM Brian Mulroney (the face of the NHL to Quebec City project), it's their choice. And refuse 500 million dollars, and alienate a major tv partner, it's their choice.

I just dont see it happening.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Whatever, you people have got to stop speculating about what X/Y/Z media person is saying. You guys remember the chorus saying Winnipeg would never ever have a team?

Honestly, if the NHL wants to spit in the face of former PM Brian Mulroney (the face of the NHL to Quebec City project), it's their choice. And refuse 500 million dollars, and alienate a major tv partner, it's their choice.

Me neither, which is why I said "Bell employee gonna Bell".

From the start of this thing, BCE employees have been negative about Quebec City. Considering they are the only ones it would affect "negatively", it is no surprise.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
For comparison: New Leafs scoreboard 32' W x 18' H, new MTS Centre (Winnipeg) board is 22' W x 17' H

Could not find info for quebec, but Mtl is 24 x 40 and quebec is supposed to be slightly bigger. the 9x11 is probably metric, so it translate to 30 x 36. But is it the screen size or the complete jumbotron size ?

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

Agreed, allot of what we're hearing is people's opinions. McKenzie did cover the 'no expansion' and the '2 team expansion' possibilities as well.

Duateschek from the G&M says it's 'make or break' for Quebecor....thought it's not for Vegas?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ec-citys-nhl-expansion-plans/article26579828/

Eric Francis was on the Fan 590 this morning and felt they would expand to both and the dollar is not a big concern as it could be back up 2 years from now.

We'll just have to sift through everyone's opinions until we hear from real news....much like here

Last edited:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Could not find info for quebec, but Mtl is 24 x 40 and quebec is supposed to be slightly bigger. the 9x11 is probably metric, so it translate to 30 x 36. But is it the screen size or the complete jumbotron size ?

Doubt it is bigger than Montreal. It's one the the league's biggest

Also doubt the 9x11 is in feet haha.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hah.

I don't see the NHL denying Quebecor's efforts, which include a 2M deposit non refundable, the production of an 80-page document as well as a lot of time spent on multiple flights to meet the league's officials. Not to mention that the fact that Quebecor is a business partner that just handed them over a billion dollars.

A deny would look pretty, pretty bad and would be wrong for the future of french broadcasting right's worth if RDS is the only applicant.

I highly doubt RDS would be involved in Quebec TV since the team would be owned by Quebecor which owns TVA.

As Friedman pointed out last week it seems some BoG members have concerns that the numbers in Quebec can't work because of the fallen loonie.

It doesn’t sound like we’ll get an expansion announcement at the Board of Governors meeting next week. That will probably wait until December. If this is going to happen, I’ll join the Las Vegas/Quebec City bandwagon (although my liver won’t). The biggest question is what the falling Canadian dollar means for the latter city. As of today, a $500 million (US) expansion fee is almost $675 million (CAN). Then, there’s the question of whether or not Quebec has to pay any kind of territorial fee to Montreal, as was briefly discussed at the original announcement. “Can it work at those numbers?” one governor asked.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-challenge-nhlers-face-in-retirement/

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
I highly doubt RDS would be involved in Quebec TV since the team would be owned by Quebecor which owns TVA.

As Friedman pointed out last week it seems some BoG members have concerns that the numbers in Quebec can't work because of the fallen loonie.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-challenge-nhlers-face-in-retirement/

Regarding reported asked price: you can bet Qcor bought hundreds of millions US dollars long time ago for this transaction, probably sitting at Chase Manhattan or somewhere not far Central park.

Regarding operation: slam dunk.

Regarding the loonie: If I was a VAN, CAL EDM, WIN, OTT fan, I'd begin worrying if it was a deal blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad