Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XV: La lumière au bout du tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
This will make for the best road trip ever.

I visited QC once, about 7-8 years ago. Lovely city, great food, and the people were very friendly. I was there in early May, and they still had the outdoor skating rink down in the old town area open. Lots of families just skating around. :D

Oh, and the cab driver who drove me from the airport to my hotel enjoyed discussing Patrick Roy with me, once I let on I was a Detroit fan. lirl

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I was there in early May, and they still had the outdoor skating rink down in the old town area open. Lots of families just skating around.

Place d'Youville. I was there in January and almost froze my nipples off.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
It'd be such a blow if we got denied. Everything is in place, respected owner by the BOG, brand new arena and valid bid. I don't see how they could deny us a team at this point in time.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It'd be such a blow if we got denied. Everything is in place, respected owner by the BOG, brand new arena and valid bid. I don't see how they could deny us a team at this point in time.

I don't think they can, assuming Quebecor's paperwork is in order and the $500 million check clears.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I'll tell you though, friends have been congratulating me over the past few days. "Saw the news, QC submits bid for expansion team - congratulations!" Yeah, BID for expansion team. Congratulate me when they get awarded an expansion team, please? For some reason I still wouldn't put it past Gary to move the Coyotes to Vegas and decide there isn't going to be any expansion after all.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'll tell you though, friends have been congratulating me over the past few days. "Saw the news, QC submits bid for expansion team - congratulations!" Yeah, BID for expansion team. Congratulate me when they get awarded an expansion team, please? For some reason I still wouldn't put it past Gary to move the Coyotes to Vegas and decide there isn't going to be any expansion after all.

I would lie if I said that didn't cross my mind. I am DEADLY afraid of that scenario.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec

Dude, the Coyotes are 99.999% safe for two years with their new deal.

I have a very hard time imagining a scenario where Vegas and Quebec aren't both awarded teams this fall.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Dude, the Coyotes are 99.999% safe for two years with their new deal.

I have a very hard time imagining a scenario where Vegas and Quebec aren't both awarded teams this fall.

IceArizona just now in the Glendale meeting to approve the new lease basically admitted that they were offered the option to relocate this summer and they turned it down. Hopefully that helps calm some nerves around here... ;)

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This will make for the best road trip ever.

I visited QC once, about 7-8 years ago. Lovely city, great food, and the people were very friendly. I was there in early May, and they still had the outdoor skating rink down in the old town area open. Lots of families just skating around. :D

Oh, and the cab driver who drove me from the airport to my hotel enjoyed discussing Patrick Roy with me, once I let on I was a Detroit fan. lirl

I went to the Memorial Cup this year and absolutely loved everything about the trip. The weather was gorgeous, the games were fantastic, the city was amazing...I am so glad Quebec will be back in the NHL fold soon.

What I would also LOVE is a Quebec CFL team! I want to make the trip to Quebec during the summer.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I went to the Memorial Cup this year and absolutely loved everything about the trip. The weather was gorgeous, the games were fantastic, the city was amazing...I am so glad Quebec will be back in the NHL fold soon.

What I would also LOVE is a Quebec CFL team! I want to make the trip to Quebec during the summer.

Never going to happen, IMO.

If you like baseball, come for a few Capitales game. Nice little stadium, great little atmosphere, good baseball.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Never going to happen, IMO.

If you like baseball, come for a few Capitales game. Nice little stadium, great little atmosphere, good baseball.

Yeah I passed by it and it did look nice. I would have to be able to work in a hockey game, or a Laval football match or something though. I don't think the Capitales alone are worth the drive from Toronto.

Off topic, but as a Generals fan, this years Memorial Cup could not possibly have been more perfect. I will always have such fond memories of that trip. Spending all day running around the Plains of Abraham, the old city, the boardwalk and the stairs was so much fun...and every day was topped off with an amazing hockey game at a legendary old barn. That's the kind of stuff I live for.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009

Like i said earlier if we do i predict a riot at the habs pre season game and on a more positve note looks like Marc Crawford wants his old job back

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

If you got denied at least you would know, you're NEVER getting a Team.

Noway the can deny you guys now. Congrats!

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
I have been waiting since 1995 (I was 9). I have been very negative for the past few months, but I am starting to believe it is happening. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Can't wait to bring my godson to his first Nordiques game :yo:

Yeah, that's cool. After a few years of no pro hockey in Minnesota, it was great to be able to bring my nephews to Wild games. I saw a couple games in Winnipeg after the North Stars left, and remember a dad with his kids at the one of the last games there in '96 - that shouldn't have happened to them or to hockey families in Quebec, either. Hope you get those great family outings back soon!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, that's cool. After a few years of no pro hockey in Minnesota, it was great to be able to bring my nephews to Wild games. I saw a couple games in Winnipeg after the North Stars left, and remember a dad with his kids at the one of the last games there in '96 - that shouldn't have happened to them or to hockey families in Quebec, either. Hope you get those great family outings back soon!

My dad brought me to the last regular season game against the Whalers in 95. I am planning on bringing him to the first game back, no matter the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad