Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XV: La lumière au bout du tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
I think its allright but they forgot lecasvalier there no way Philly will protect him

I'd be Qc manager, and I would not pick Lecavalier.

Or, I would renegociate his contract before picking him. I'm talking cutting down 50% his contract.

And he would say no, so Vinny would not be around if it was me.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec

Or, I would renegociate his contract before picking him. I'm talking cutting down 50% his contract.

Lecavalier will be retired by the time we're in.

The guy lost it a long time ago. It seems like he doesn't care anymore.

GF

Nov 4, 2012
I'd go pick Jonathan Audy-Marchessault in TB.

Chances are TB will not protect him (they've called him up for 4-5 games all year) while he totally burns the AHL (top5 scorer for the last 4 years).

He's from Quebec city and played for the Remparts. That would be a perfect pick! :yo:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009

Im not a fan either but hes a quebec guy and 2017-2018 would be the last year of his deal , and you need some big contract to reach the floor which will be around 57M by then.I much rather get someone on a one year deal than pick up garbage contracts with 2-3-4 years remaining

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
I'd go pick Jonathan Audy-Marchessault in TB.

Chances are TB will not protect him (they've called him up for 4-5 games all year) while he totally burns the AHL (top5 scorer for the last 4 years).

He's from Quebec city and played for the Remparts. That would be a perfect pick! :yo:

Would be a great pick but if you get 6-7 guys like him making 1M you're going to need a bunch of big contracts to reach the cap floor

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Now thats in depth journalism

Main story on the local paper website

Which Hot dog do you prefer ?

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/09/17/les-hot-dogs-du-colisee-pepsi-ou-ceux-du-centre-videotron

Well I can confirm that the Colisée Pepsi hot dogs were not grilled on a rotating plaque like the lady says. They were always made in a squared boiling tank right next to the plaque on which they grilled the bread and you could always see huge packs of uncooked hot-dogs in the fridge behind the cook that served you. Anyway, who cares. If you pay 100$ to see hockey and all you look for is how good the hot dogs are...you chose the wrong venue.

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011
To be fair, the same thing was talked about for half of the previous page in this thread. Apparently it's a subject that the locals find important.

Yeah! After all, it's part of the overall experience! And since the old Colisée's hot dogs had such a great reputation :thumbu:, why not ask clients?

Norud The Dwarf

Sep 19, 2015
It's cool that Wayne feels that way but everybody knows Wayne always says the right things...

Nord fan here, hope we get back in the league!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Gary Talking about expansion at 8.40 of this interview

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/bettman-still-work-to-do-on-expansion-1.364578

Another cold shower from Gary

" I dont want expectations raised in places were maybe they shouldnt be raised"

Im pretty sure that was meant for us and not Vegas

I listened to the blurb and I think the only reason why anyone in QC should worry is if Quebecor can't come up with the full amount for expansion money because of the changing financial landscape. Otherwise, it just sounds like typical Bettman verbal prevarication.

IMO the Nords are a fait accompli.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/bettman-still-work-to-do-on-expansion-1.364578

Come on, he said they were not expanding to balance conferences right before that.

What he meant was that the final decision isn't taken yet. Something obvious.

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us

Quebec is a place where expectations should not be raised. If he gave hints that it was a done deal now, then expect things to be pretty wild in Quebec streets. Now imagine if he gave false hopes like this, only to finally announce that expansion will finally not happen. You can expect that a riot or something would occur.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Quebec is a place where expectations should not be raised. If he gave hints that it was a done deal now, then expect things to be pretty wild in Quebec streets. Now imagine if he gave false hopes like this, only to finally announce that expansion will finally not happen. You can expect that a riot or something would occur.
That would be shameful to say the least. Open an expansion process take 2 million bucks from 2 organizations, then basically say, April fools no expansion.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That would be shameful to say the least. Open an expansion process take 2 million bucks from 2 organizations, then basically say, April fools no expansion.

Well, for the afternoon that they sit around & discuss it, your going to need Catering..... Almas Caviar, thats not cheap. $25,000 per Kilo, gonna need 6 Kilo's of that..... couple of giant Italian White Alba Truffles, set them back about $300,000.... special charter to fly in about 60 pieces of Lindeth Howe Country House Faberge Chocolate Cake from Scotland, 3" X 3" slice is going to run you app $34,000. EACH.... youve got 30 BOG's & their Associates, league personnel..... Now, thats just the partial menu for the appetizers & desert. You wanna talk entree's? And never mind the booze. Oh ya. $4M bucks. I think we can just make that stretch, cover everything. Gonna be tight though Confucius. :(

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Yes I agree. No need to be freaking over Gary Bettmans choice of words.

Bettman certainly has the gift of the gab or is it double speak.:)

He had this to say 11 days before the Thrashers officially relocated to Winnipeg and after an MOU had been reached and reported by the G & M.

"I can tell you that with certainty that there is no deal for this team to move," he said. "Am I predicting that there will never be or that there won't be at some point in time? No, I'm not saying there is or there isn't."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/bettman-denies-report-thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg-1.646228

He had this to say on January 29, 2011 -
I have tried to be as careful as I could be not to raise expectations in Winnipeg.

"Everybody knows my view on that - if we have to move a club, it would be good to go back to a place that we were once in that has a different situation, vis-a-vis building and ownership and the like, but it's one of the reasons we get concerned.

"We think it's unfair when baseless stories come out suggesting things that aren't true to get people in Winnipeg all excited. If there's something to announce, I promise we'll announce it."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/nhl-considers-a-winnipeg-move/article564068/

Winnipeg had an NHL team 4 months later.

This is an interview from September 1, 2015 and Mark Chipman of TNSE discusses expansion and QC from roughly the 16:00- 18:00 minute mark. He says the price for expansion has not been set but franchise values have gone up since he purchased the Thrashers. It is a good listen.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/hustler-and-lawless-september-1-2015-1.354396

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Bettman certainly has the gift of the gab or is it double speak.:)

Yes, and I think as anyone in Winnipeg or Atlanta can attest, hanging on to his every word,
parsing them, looking for hidden meanings, sublimation or whatever, just drive yourself crazy. :laugh:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yes I agree. No need to be freaking over Gary Bettmans choice of words.

C'mon, K. Freaking over Bettmanisms is the HFBoards' own version of a "national passtime" :D

Gary has always taken the "don't believe it until we actually say so" approach to anything regarding the league. But you certainly can't fault the QC fans for keeping a skeptical view of it.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
If we get a team confirmed for the 2017 season with a positive BOG vote does this mean tomorrow will be the last pre season game we get or will they come back again in sept 2016?

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
Pens not sending any of their 3 big stars for the game tomorrow is really pissing me off. People are angry again for a second preseason game in a row. I doubt the NHL will ever sell out a preseason game anymore that does not have a Nordiques team in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad